Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2006, 09:52 AM   #21
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
Last year we had our then 4 year old grand daughter Jessica with us for 7 weeks. Mummy and Daddy joined us with her little brother for 2 of those weeks so that we could go and visit Mickey. We all stayed in the 5er with very little problems, everything was well organized. We had a wonderful time with Jessica on our own, she was a wonderful little traveller and on our long drive from Toronto to Orlando she entertained herself with the Video Player, crayons and books etc. We used to put her to sleep in our bed and when we were ready to go to bed we would make up the sofa bed and granddad would carry her down. The sad thing is now she is going to junior kindergarten and its not quite to easy to take her away. It's really not fair that they grow up.

DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:24 AM   #22
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
We are happy to report that both the grandparents and the twins survived the lake with flying colors. The girls cried when they had to leave with the parents. We did have quiet time almost every day, and gramma did snooze during that time too! They learned to fish, did arts and crafts, went on the boat, went to swimmer's island, went to the beach (preferred over swimmer's island cause there is SAND to dig at the beach), bike riding, campfires, and so much more that we cannot remember it all! HA HA They were so busy they really did not have time to play with the dogs much, WOW, that is a first. We only had rain 1 day, and the parents were there by then, so they had to figure up what to do (we went to the Movies and saw CARS--cute). We had such good weather they only had time for 2 video's and it took 2 days to see Charlotte's Web! HA HA No time for board games nor books, in fact, we were all so tired that for the first 3 nights we did not even read a night time story! Oh, yea, we had a good time.

They did real well with the toilet and stuff. And, Al and I came up with another trick to save water, turn off the pump. He installed an accumlator, so we let it pump up, and then turned off the power to the pump. We could go all night with a few flushes and never listen to the pump and the girls could not give us a rude awakening by running the water till we were out or flooded. I had water left over! Always looking for ways to improve the art of living in a RV, this was a good trick for us!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:20 PM   #23
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Sounds like you had a terrific time and a week I'm sure the girls will remember forever. I envy all you with small grandchildren. Now that I have time to enjoy them, mine are all grown up.
Happy trails...........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:35 PM   #24
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Sue, you will just have to enjoy the great grandkids.

Carol, sounds like you had a wonderful week. As Sue said they will remember it forever.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:05 PM   #25
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Lorraine
Don't rush it - the girls are 20 and 19 and I want them to finish college first! I figure I have about 8 to 10 years to roam the USA and then go find the girls and enjoy the Great Grandkids!
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:19 PM   #26
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Sue,
That sounds like a very good plan to me!

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote