Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2021, 08:53 AM   #1
David & Wanda
Established Member

M.O.C. #24835
Equalizer Wetbolt Issue

I have the Road Armor Trailer Air equalizers with 5 wet bolts on each side. Some of the zerts will not accept grease. Are the zerts removable and if so are they the "standard" size available at an auto parts store?

David & Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 09:02 AM   #2
JoeUSNRET
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25489
I had several wet-bolt zerts that would not accept grease last year. I used a 6 or 8mm wrench to loosen the zert, then they all took the grease, then tighten the zert back up. may be an easy fix and worth a try. good luck.
2020 RAM 3500 Mega, Dually, 4:10, HO CTD, Aisin.
JoeUSNRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 09:03 AM   #3
Ahdmeyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24181
less than i year old i had 2 that would not take any grease.finally after lifting i got the one to take grease. the other i took off and on the bench in the vice it still would not take any. the bronze bushing was gone also here is where i bought mine i dont think they were ever greased at the factory! also the hole on that wet bolt is supposed to be at 3 0r 9 oclock to accept the grease.

https://needatrailerpart.com/search?q=wet+bolts

to get it back aligned i used my floor jack but also had to pull the spring to the rear to get it lined up perfectly. not a hard job after you get everything lined up. i bought enough replacements that i carry if someone needed one on the road i would be able to help.
al meyer
3931fb
az
Ahdmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 04:26 PM   #4
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
I had a couple of wet bolts that would not take grease, although the zerks would. I ended up removing the bolts and was able to clean the grease passages, and reinstalled then at the proper clock position. They now take grease even with the trailer sitting on the ground without the jacks.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 04:51 PM   #5
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
I just did mine this week and several of the zerts wouldn't take grease. I removed them and found a couple that just needed to be cleaned out. The others zerts were accepting the grease, so I ended up pulling the bolts, cleaning out the holes, and re-inserting at 3 or 9:00. They all took the grease afterwards. These are MorRyde, but I expect they all are pretty much the same.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 06:40 PM   #6
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Jack the rig up so that all the load is off the springs before trying to grease them. I use my level up to lift the rig.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 04:54 AM   #7
David & Wanda
Established Member

M.O.C. #24835
Thanks for all the replies and teaching me that it is a "zerk" and not a "zert". I'll try jacking each side up independently and seeing if that helps.
David & Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equalizer, zerts