Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2021 Montana Owners VIRTUAL Rally
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 11:25 AM   #1
pbuchaMOC

M.O.C. #27415
MOC Virtual Rally starts this Wednesday

The Montana Owners Club Virtual Rally starts this week. Here are a few important tips so you can enjoy this virtual event.

What Day Does the Virtually Rally Begin?
The MOC Virtual Rally begins on Wednesday, January 6th and runs through Friday, January 8th.

What Time Does the Virtual Rally Event Start?
The MOC Virtual Rally begins each day at 12:00pm Central time.

How Long Does Each Day Last?
You can expect about an hour of great video information, followed by another hour or so of LIVE Q&A with Keystone Montana representatives.

Where Do I Go To See the Rally?
You'll want to visit the Camper Report YouTube Channel. You'll see a red LIVE indicator showing you which video is live. You can access this with either a computer or mobile device. It's a good idea to Subscribe to the channel while you are there.

Do I Need to Sign-in or Create an Account?
No, anyone can visit the Camper Report YouTube Channel and watch the videos. However, if you wish to comment or ask questions during the Q&A portion, you will need to sign-in to YouTube, typically with your Gmail account. We recommend taking care of this step now, before the rally time so you don't miss your chance to ask questions.

If I Miss the Live Event, Can I Still Watch it Later?
YES! The completed videos will be hosted on the Camper Report YouTube Channel. Each day's video will be available after the event, including the recorded Q&A.

Old 01-04-2021, 06:28 PM   #2
Marilynd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19388
Thanks for all the information!
2020 GMC 3500 Crew Cab Dually
Old 01-06-2021, 12:39 PM   #3
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Day 1 of the virtual rally was well worth the time to attend.
The Q&A session answered many questions that come up in the forums, and it's nice to have folks like Sam and Colin who have taken the time to provide accurate and up to date information.
I plan on attending the other days as well.
Thanks to all who organized this!

Brad
Old 01-06-2021, 12:54 PM   #4
Marilynd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19388
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
Day 1 of the virtual rally was well worth the time to attend.
The Q&A session answered many questions that come up in the forums, and it's nice to have folks like Sam and Colin who have taken the time to provide accurate and up to date information.
I plan on attending the other days as well.
Thanks to all who organized this!

Brad
Hi Brad.
Thanks to you for posting. I was just coming to post how great the live Q & A with Sam and Colin was. It was informative and fun seeing them live. I look forward to the other days also. We hope that you enjoyed watching, as much as we enjoyed helping put this together.
Old 01-06-2021, 01:33 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
The biggest take away for me was both Montana and Lippert saying the Anderson Ultimate Hitch is *NOT* approved for use with the Lipperrt frame and will void your warranty. (about 1:00.04 in).

I saw an agenda for tomorrow appear, and then disappear, at the end of the session. Is it possible for someone to post tomorrow's, and even the next days, agenda here in advance?

Old 01-06-2021, 02:25 PM   #6
Marilynd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
The biggest take away for me was both Montana and Lippert saying the Anderson Ultimate Hitch is *NOT* approved for use with the Lipperrt frame and will void your warranty. (about 1:00.04 in).

I saw an agenda for tomorrow appear, and then disappear, at the end of the session. Is it possible for someone to post tomorrow's, and even the next days, agenda here in advance?

Carl, thank you for asking for the schedules. I posted a screen shoot.

https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=83141
Old 01-06-2021, 02:47 PM   #7
RipNC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26926
Carl,
That got my attention too! Reaffimed the B&W I'm installing in my truck tomorrow to pickup our first RV, once it arrives. Someone should post a thread (hint;-) on that. I'd do it but I'm just a Noob.

BTW - My better half got in the first question today, I think maybe the last too. My job, as it has been in our boats, will be to shutup and drive...
Old 01-06-2021, 04:33 PM   #8
Schautzie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6179
Just finished watching Day 1. Great job everyone!!! I hope to see day two live. Looking forward to watching!!!

Old 01-06-2021, 04:35 PM   #9
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipNC View Post
Carl,
That got my attention too! Reaffimed the B&W I'm installing in my truck tomorrow to pickup our first RV, once it arrives. Someone should post a thread (hint;-) on that. I'd do it but I'm just a Noob.

BTW - My better half got in the first question today, I think maybe the last too. My job, as it has been in our boats, will be to shutup and drive...
Thread created in the "Towing" section.

Brad
Old 01-06-2021, 06:19 PM   #10
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I hate saying this but I've been telling folks here on the Forum and also on the Montana Owners Facebook page that the use of the Anderson Hitch is not approved by Keystone or Lippert but nobody seemed to listen. Sam stated that the only one approved for a gooseneck setup is the Lippert Goosebox and all others if used would void the frame work warranty. I can understand because Lippert/LCI wants to sell their version of the hitch and it has been tested by them accordingly not putting as much stress on the frame. If folks would be able to look at the framework of the Montana/High Country and be able to see the comparison between it and the framework of an actual gooseneck trailer they would see why they are not recommended. A gooseneck trailers framework is nearly twice as strong and reinforced than a fifth wheel framework. I'll get off my soapbox now.
I'm looking forward to the next two episodes of the Virtual Rally and hope more Montana owners will be watching it also. A lot of good information came from this first session and I know more will be in the final two. Good job to the Wagon Master Team, Keystone Montana and Social Knowledge!
Old 01-06-2021, 07:18 PM   #11
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
I hate saying this but I've been telling folks here on the Forum and also on the Montana Owners Facebook page that the use of the Anderson Hitch is not approved by Keystone or Lippert but nobody seemed to listen. Sam stated that the only one approved for a gooseneck setup is the Lippert Goosebox and all others if used would void the frame work warranty. I can understand because Lippert/LCI wants to sell their version of the hitch and it has been tested by them accordingly not putting as much stress on the frame. If folks would be able to look at the framework of the Montana/High Country and be able to see the comparison between it and the framework of an actual gooseneck trailer they would see why they are not recommended. A gooseneck trailers framework is nearly twice as strong and reinforced than a fifth wheel framework. I'll get off my soapbox now.
I'm looking forward to the next two episodes of the Virtual Rally and hope more Montana owners will be watching it also. A lot of good information came from this first session and I know more will be in the final two. Good job to the Wagon Master Team, Keystone Montana and Social Knowledge!
To clarify, the goosebox is made by Reese not Lippert; unless I missed something and Lippert bought Reese now?

And, again for clarification; as to the AUH -- up until today, the official position of Keystone/Montana was that the AUH was warranty approved, so any warnings prior to today would not have been promoted by them.

But I totally agree with your information about the differences between a 5th wheel frame and a goose neck trailer; that is big part of why I am looking at moving away from the AUH to a goosebox.

...more on the other thread...

I'm really looking forward to Day 2 and the focus on solar!

Brad
Old 01-06-2021, 07:30 PM   #12
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Brad-- Maybe I misunderstood Sam but I thought he said it was Lippert Goosebox instead of Reese. or MAYBE I just need to get some hearing aids! I stand corrected if that is the case!
Old 01-06-2021, 07:40 PM   #13
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Brad-- Maybe I misunderstood Sam but I thought he said it was Lippert Goosebox instead of Reese. or MAYBE I just need to get some hearing aids! I stand corrected if that is the case!
LOL, I already have hearing aids!

Brad
Old 01-07-2021, 10:57 AM   #14
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
So where is Day #2? The Camper Chanel has nothing yet.

Old 01-07-2021, 12:32 PM   #15
Marilynd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19388
Quote:
So where is Day #2? The Camper Chanel has nothing yet.
Did you find it? It just finished. I see it for viewing.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:52 PM   #16
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I found it. I was on the site waiting. It finally showed up after 12:00 CST (10:00 AM PST).

Old 01-07-2021, 01:59 PM   #17
Marilynd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19388
Quote:
I found it. I was on the site waiting. It finally showed up after 12:00 CST (10:00 AM PST).

Glad it showed up for you. It started a little after 12:00 on my end.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:41 PM   #18
Roy & Georgia
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27061
Guess I m a reeeeeal noob and a few other things besides. I can’t log into the rally. I know I signed up. ??????
Old 01-07-2021, 02:44 PM   #19
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy & Georgia View Post
Guess I m a reeeeeal noob and a few other things besides. I can’t log into the rally. I know I signed up. ??????
Go Here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3E...I7sRZqPYR0f_BA

Old 01-07-2021, 07:11 PM   #20
Roy & Georgia
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27061
Thanks but I already got that far and all I get is a trailer saying if I want to sign in to YouTube but don’t know where to sign in from there. Obviously it’s over for day 2 and I have to work tomorrow so I guess I’ll just have to watch all 3 later. Plus I never seen where the beginning times were. Like I said, look up boob in the dictionary and you’ll find me.
Closed Thread