Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2005, 11:59 AM   #1
GoChips
Established Member

M.O.C. #3762
Campgrounds In Seattle??

A little help please! Once we have delivery of our first Monty in early July and take a couple of practice runs, our maiden voyage will be west to Seattle to see our son. This will be our first time RV'ing there. For those of you living in that beautiful area of our country (or others who have visited), I wondered if you could give us a few good campground possibilities where we could settle in for a week or so. We would like to be as close to the city as possible so that it would be easy driving to see each other daily. We are aware of the KOA in Kent. Are there any others that you would recommend that have full hookups and also would be able to accommodate 37 ft.? Thanks for any info you can provide.

GoChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:59 PM   #2
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Having lived in Seattle before our Rving days, I recall a RV park in
Fall City. Maybe 10-15 miles east. It is the only quite one I can think of. Have had friends stay there and they liked it. Close to a couple of golf courses. Those in Kent, Lynwood, and north are sure close to the freeway. Good hunting for a CG and enjoy the Northwest.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 05:18 PM   #3
mike johnson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3382
hello,we were in seattle last year with a smaller 5th wheel and we stayed in kent, i believe south of seattle.anyway it was a koa and it had plenty of big spaces.not much to brag about,but we were there to see beutiful seattle and we'll be going back soon.
mike&amy johnson
rio vista calif
05-2955rl
mike johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 08:20 PM   #4
dersequim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #549
There are 2 in Lynnwood on hwy 99. Around 128th. SW. Lakeside is the older and LOTS of permanets. Best choice is the newest, about 3 years old. Slightly limited for BIG rigs. Will try to get name. If you look up it will have the largest address. AVOID Twin Cedars, a DUMP. I just tried 1 search and all that came up was TC and Hayloft. I wouldn't stay at either.

FOUND IT!
maplegroverv.com 1-866-793-2200
They have only 5 large sites so book early.
dersequim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 11:07 AM   #5
GoChips
Established Member

M.O.C. #3762
Thanks rlwhit, Mike and dersequim for your imput on Seattle campgrounds. It's always nice to have first hand knowledge from those that have been there, whether it's good news or bad . Some of the ads in Woodall's look so inviting!!!!!! Glad to get your opinions on the ones to stay away from.
Thanks.
GoChips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 11:45 AM   #6
BillE
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2594
Hi,
Not sure where in Seattle you are going to be, visiting your son. But, there is a nice looking 'one' up in Bothell. Their name is Lake Pleasent RV Park. I drive by it often and it does, well, look...pleasent. If you have the new ('05) TL Directory. They have an ad on page 1547.

Welcome to the Northwest!
Bill
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:53 PM   #7
thook
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3100
There are few campgrounds around the Seattle area that I have found. There is a small but very nice rv park in Issaquah . It is on the northeast end of town, the first exit off ofI90 coming from the east. There is another rv park in Eastgate (about 4 miles from Issaquah) south of I90 right close to the Fox Northwest Studios. Also a small park to the south of the Preston/Fall City exit on I90. Hope this helps.
thook is offline   Reply With Quote