Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2005, 03:00 AM   #1
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Carefree Combo slide cover/window awning

I'm considering the Carefree of Colorado Omega II combination roof cover and window awning for my big slide (dining room/lounge) on the curb side. The salesman tried to talk me out of it, as he said they have a lot of service calls on that item. Yet, my friend with a motorhome has had no problems with the two he has.

Does anyone have experience with this specific product?

Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:07 AM   #2
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
GypsySCM: We have a Carefree of Colorado window shade on our rear living window. It pulls down like a blind and hooks at the bottom of the window. We are planning on putting them on the side windows also. No worry about winds with the shades. We do not have slide covers so I can't comment on the combo you are considering. Personally, I agree with the salesman as it would appear too much to go wrong.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:47 AM   #3
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
I just wonder if there are wear issues along the top of the slide. I would think the awning flapping across the sharp edge of the slide would eventually cause a tear.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote