Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2008, 08:39 AM   #21
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Trailer Trash 2

Our last 5er was a rear bed room with 2 closets. the bouncing was so bad that what ever was on a hangers was on the cabinet floor when we reached our destination,

Don
Don, we had the same problem with a Wilderness FW. A neighbor in an rv park clued me to the solution -- just put all the hangers backwards on the bar so the open side of the hanger hook faces you. Never another problem with those hangers coming off.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #22
Dave Anderson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1654
We have had 2 RK models . we now have a 3295 RK we dont have your problems for 2 reasons#1 we bungeeball all cabinets and #2 we DRIVE SLOWER!!!we carry correlle plus glass wine glasses plus crystal old fahions. you cant run down those misserable roads at 70mph and not expect damage!!! Dave
Dave Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #23
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I am convinced that Oklahoma has the worst roads possible in the great United States of America. I do put the non-slide stuff between the dishes. The road I was travelin g on the day of the explosion was a normal road. I usually do tie the cabinet doors shut but this one time I forgot to do so.
When I was going to the lake this weekend I noticed how rough I-35 was gettign and the entire tiem I was worried. I just knew I would arrive to the camp site and find a cabinet full of shattered glass. To my delight I found no broken glass when I arrived. I did however find the bottom of the drawer under the fridge had busted. I just don't get it. I drive sensible. I don't make hurried lane changes. I drive slower than the speed limit. I do not slam on my breaks(unless required) but still this unit has problems with the kitchen.
I am going to move things around to try and see if the weight change will help with the problem.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:28 PM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Does your tire wear look normal, more or less? Just wondering if you have a tire bouncing badly.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:44 PM   #25
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
All 4 tires look like they are wearing evenly. I think it is time to take Miss Montana to the doctor. Something just isn't right. I shouldn't be having this kind of kitchen movement.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:28 AM   #26
Ms McGyver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8531
Okie, we had the same problem with our 3000 RK. While you're at it, add some support to the bottom of the cabinet under the sink. Ours bottomed out and needed bracing.

We travel with the corelle stacked with the rubber shelf liner between each plate/bowl, then we cut a piece of 1/4" plywood that fits in front of the shelving we installed and the face frame of the cabinet. This is sufficient to keep everything in it's own little cubby. The melamaine and other pieces we don't worry about as they'll usually bounce. We use child safety locks on that cupboard and the one below the sink. Except for loosing the ceramic mug handles, we've yet (knock wood) to break a dish.

We did loose that drawer under the fridge and it's support framing. The slide got it and demolished the drawer bottom and broke the framing. It now has safety locks as well.

We don't have anything extra as far as suspension is concerned--except airbags on the TV.
Ms McGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:38 PM   #27
Tiffensdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7660
We have the rear bedroom and I am glad to see a solution to the clothes hangers hopping off the rod. As far a the Corelle ware goes, we have had no losses with the mid kitchen. We carry the glass wine glasses etc also with no problem, we do velcro our front cabinets as they seem to open the most. We crowd the cupboards in the kitchen so there isn't much room for movement. We also use the spring loaded refrigerator bars in most of our kitchen cabinets just to keep things where they belong and the rubber pads on the cabinets to prevent sliding. So far no problems with breaking dishes except for me and DW just give me plastic stuff and were both happy.
Tiffensdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:27 AM   #28
DonandJudy_12
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3206
That is the reason we choose not to have a rear kitchen. But they are roomy and pretty.
We put scoot guard between all of our Corelle dinnerware, we have had the same amount of plates and bowls for 9 years. Don't need to purchase the round one's that they sell at CW, just cut them square, a little larger than the plate, easier to find. We also put it between the teflon pans. We use baking soda on the cups periodically, because coffee will stain them, but we have had good luck with the Corelle. Judy
DonandJudy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:57 PM   #29
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
This is our second rear kitchen in an rv and I have never had anything break or fall out of the cabinet. But when we had the 2955rl and I had a terrible time w/glasses/cups.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote