Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2008, 05:11 PM   #41
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by FulltimeFollies

Pretty obvious some of your folks have no idea of the law and what is required. Yet you tell this man to run run run. You should not post if you know not of what you speak.

I don't understand the problem. He asked for opinions. He got them. Those not sure of the facts said so. That's called an opinion.

Quote:

I'm betting you dont hear any "oh, so I was wrong" remarks on here from the do gooders.
And what's this all about? I've seen just such comments on MOC many times. I'm sorry, maybe I'm just in a bad mood tonight, but your comment just plain seems out of line to me. Moderators, feel free to censor me but I'm pretty fed up with this kind of negativity.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:57 AM   #42
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
IMO many of us, my self included, never read the original post to understand exactly what the poster was asking , He posted a set of circumstances and asked us "what do you think" based on what he and we knew at the time that raised many red flags and the responses indicated that. As he and we learned more the sale did not sound sinister at all. My second post on the subject reflects a change from my first post. We responded to the imformation we all had at the time and no one was wrong.I learned some things .. I had never heard of a " Manufactureres certificate of Title" I am now a tiny bit smarter.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:33 AM   #43
happy campers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6523
Well, here's my 2 cts. My first wheeled camper was a used 1989 Jayco pop-up. I was the 3rd owner. The guy who bought it new never titled it; he stored it for a number of yrs at a private residence and never paid for the storage and never came back for it. Thus the second owner. I came along and bought it from him, but it had no title. It might be different now, but at that time, it had to be titled in Wisconsin, but a license plate wasn't required. On advice of counsel, I insisted on a title to prove ownership, and I put on a license plate in the event it was ever taken out of state and if questioned, it would be easier to prove ownership. Since the second owner was an aquaintance, and he just wanted it gone, I was able to get everything ironed out. I paid the second owner, who paid something back to the first owner; I went back to the first owner with my DMV forms, and did a double transfer of title. I paid the sales tax twice, but ended up with a title in my name, and a real bargain. Almost everybody was a winner. I'm happy to hear that everything worked out for bolinski; it sounds like he came out ahead as well. He asked for advice, and he got it as the red flags were flying. And as things changed as more facts were known, so did the advice. The "do gooders" who offered advice probably helped in bringing about the positive outcome. Enjoy your new trailer!
happy campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #44
bolinski
Established Member

M.O.C. #8006
Many thanks to everyone for their advise. It's not a matter of being right or wrong-it's the concern and thoughts that you all provided that counts! I am used to folks having a variety of opinions because I am a real estate appraiser. The appraisers blog people always say that to get them to agree on anything is like trying to herd cats! Will be talking to ya'll again soon-spent all day looking at trucks!
bolinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:59 AM   #45
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
TRYING TO HERD CATS??

Gotta say, that is a new saying to me, and I rather like it! Really says it all, eh??? And, yes, I am a cat lover!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #46
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:

Pretty obvious some of your folks have no idea of the law and what is required. Yet you tell this man to run run run. You should not post if you know not of what you speak.
I believe the posters responded to the original post the best way they knew how. It's not a matter of whether or not you know the law, as you obviously do, but rather one of each person's opinion. As for me, when someone is trying to deal with me, I want everything up front and right. I don't want to have to guess whether or not I'm getting the proper deal. Criticizing responders does no good. If I had something to apologize for I would. I don't believe I should have to say, "I'm sorry, I was wrong." Why am I able to say that? Because no one's opinion can ever be wrong.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:55 PM   #47
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

Quote:

I believe the posters responded to the original post the best way they knew how. It's not a matter of whether or not you know the law, as you obviously do, but rather one of each person's opinion. As for me, when someone is trying to deal with me, I want everything up front and right. I don't want to have to guess whether or not I'm getting the proper deal. Criticizing responders does no good. If I had something to apologize for I would. I don't believe I should have to say, "I'm sorry, I was wrong." Why am I able to say that? Because no one's opinion can ever be wrong.

Orv
I think what FulltimeFollies is saying is that with something as important an issue as this, folks should be sure of the law before giving what could be very bad advice resulting in a costly mistake.

As for "no ones opinion can ever be wrong"...IMHO, that is not correct and one of the problems we have with our forum. The attitude here is just that, no ones opinion can be wrong. On our forum if I think 2 + 2 = 10, that's okay because it is my opinion...makes no difference whether it is right or wrong. Sometimes opinions are wrong and should be noted as wrong.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #48
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I respectfully have to disagree. Therefore, knowledge of the law should be left to lawyers. Knowledge of engineering should be left to engineers. Knowledge of tires should be left to rubber compound experts. Knowledge of RV's should be left to Old-world craftsman. The list goes on and on. If you solicit advice, it is YOUR choice as to how to interpret that advice. Orv is exactly correct, it makes no difference what the opinion is and most of us realize that opinions are a dime a dozen. The ultimate decision is a personal one regardless of what anybody else says. We (the MOC forum) should NEVER try to stifle contributions from any source. As always, this represents MY OPINION only.
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:25 PM   #49
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I agree that no opinion is ever wrong. It is an opinion, and only an opinion, of the person who stated it. Therefore it is their opinion and cannot be wrong. The content can be wrong. The opinion cannot. Think about it. It is not the same as stating something as fact and being incorrect.

If someone comes out and says they know something for fact, then they have a responsibility to be sure of their facts before stating it. However, these are human beings and this is the internet. We all, as adults, have the responsibility to not accept anything at face value without being comfortable of the credibility of the source. That applies to each and every human interaction whether on this forum or in life in general.

Therefore I have no problem with people expressing their opinions in this forum. And I especially appreciate when they differentiate that their statement is an opinion or is fact as they understand it. And sometimes I find opinions of as much value as the actual facts.

And that, folks, is my opinion.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:43 PM   #50
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
Unreal how some on this very forum just HAVE to be right and have the last word. Perhaps that is why this forum is dying. The OP stated what he said and people advised, not opinionated, ADVISED him on what to do. Some made statements that were from disney land type statements. Now you want to protect the right to offer an opinion. Get a life, opinions are one thing, ADVISE is another.

I will say it in plain english, If you do not know the law or the truth, keep your mouth shut!

"I think what FulltimeFollies is saying is that with something as important an issue as this, folks should be sure of the law before giving what could be very bad advice resulting in a costly mistake.'

ONE PERSON SAW THE FACTS.
One said make a police report.
The original post stated he was looking at a fiver with an MSO, and no title. What in the heck is wrong with that?
Make a police report!!
Might be a stolen trailer.

Some of you need to learn what an MSO is and HOW you get titles,

Easiest thing is to keep your opinion to yourself if you do not know the facts.

FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote