Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2007, 04:04 PM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Another hitch Question

Please bear with me as I am new at the 5er game. Will the dealer need to adjust the Morryde pin box at the time of deliver? I would assume that there is a method to getting it correct? Also how long does that take generally? I am insisting on a Saturday PDI for two reasons. 1. They do them but not regularily. That could work to my benefit as I will not have to fight to keep their attention from trying to PDI others. Further they will most likely be more attentive to get through it by taking care of things rather I hope than quibble. 2. Their service department is working so they can address relatively minor things on the spot.
So I need to know what Too look for in the setup of my rig?
I know I should have atleast 6" of clearance on level ground between the top of the beds sides and the underside of the 5er correct? I would also assume just like a weight distribution hitch the trailer should look level along the bottom of frame when seated in the hitch correect.
Thanks
Bob

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
RM, I had my dealer install my Morryde pin box. They have installed quite a few. Still took them (two guys) about 45 mins. One of the guys said that if I ever decided to change it out for another, not to do it by myself. He said it was very heavy and awkward to handle. Just make sure it has the correct # spring in it. Seems they have been sending a lot of people the 18K hitch with the #5 spring instead of the #4 spring for the lighter hitch. Good luck.
chieflawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote