Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2007, 06:06 AM   #1
TOM F
Established Member

M.O.C. #5959
How long for parts from factory

I dropped the 5er off at the dealer for a few minor warranty repairs on June 26th. Keystone was quick to reply to the dealer authorizing all the items on my list (yea Keystone). Then the bad news came parts where two to three weeks out. The parts I needed I thought would be simple stock items such as cargo door latches, gas regulator, dinette table top and a seat cushion. The seat cushion I expected to be longer than the rest. Just received a call from the dealer to update me. Parts are still 10 to 15 days out with the exception of the couch back that needs replaced 5 to 7 weeks!!! These are the same parts they are putting in the units they are building today. I love the 5er and other than the long Waite on parts Keystone has responded well. I just want to go camping. Okay the rant is over.

TOM F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:10 AM   #2
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Do you have to wait for the parts before going camping? Get that 5er back and take it back one time when everything's in - don't let their inefficiency deprive you of good camping !! Besides you may find a few more things for them to fix.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:14 AM   #3
TOM F
Established Member

M.O.C. #5959
VanMan

I have already made arrangements to pick it up Friday, they had to put somethings back together. I am just venting my frustration with the fact that it will be a month from the drop off date to the time they have the parts to fix it. I am just glad none of the repairs are of the nature that would make it unsuable.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:27 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
TOM F I feel your pain.
I too am a victim of a dealers ineptness. I called service 4 times, finally had to trick them by calling early in the morning to talk to the service manager. Three more phone calls, then he needed an email with pictures of my torn vinyl floor; (Their service tech had already measured it and made out a ticket on it in Branson at our rally)
The service manager then had to 'Order parts' that was three weeks ago.
If I don't keep calling them, they will never get back to me. If I buy another one, It won't be from them. I wouldn't buy it from Naylor if I got it at COST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Naylor, now Lifestyles RV in Grain Valley, Missouri.
So my friend, you may rant, you are well justified. Good luck with your needed parts.
Your frustrated fellow traveler,
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:32 AM   #5
TOM F
Established Member

M.O.C. #5959
Ozz

I am not sure if it is the dealer or Keystone. The dealer says they ordered them, but Keystone can not get the parts to them for 2 to 3 weeks. I would bet if I showed up at the factory they would have every part I needed, minus the new coach back. So why so long to ship?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:41 AM   #6
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Guys, it's the factory. they will ship parts only if they don't have a build going on that needs the parts you need. They don't keep spares on board, like the sofa back, they will order from the supplier (across town) locks will come from someplace else, etc etc. I waited 4 weeks for a piece of plastic trim strip that I needed to finish the printer door behind the lcd tv. they shipped it truck freight,(becasue of length they said) $15 freight for a $9 piece. the door I ordered came, 6 weeks, but didn't have the center in it. The dealer gave me the center oak for it with profuse apologies.
It's just the way Keystone works. they really haven't gotten into the twenty first century as far as parts distribution and back up goes.
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:04 AM   #7
TOM F
Established Member

M.O.C. #5959
rickety

You are absolutely correct on the order process, and I did expect to wait on the coach back. But keystone could move into the 20th century with there parts. I would assume that parts are ordered electronically by an email or through some network set up with dealers. If this is done and Keystone then orders electronically from there supplier having it shipped directly to the dealer. Most parts should ship within 3 to 4 days of the dealer placing his order. With the exception of larger parts that need to be truck shipped, they should arrive in most states within 4 days. So two weeks should be the max for parts. I am going to be at 4 or 5 weeks for simple parts. I do know they use UPS for shipping as I picked up a part from the dealer that they ordered when I first purchased the 5er and it had a UPS label.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:38 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have been to the service center in Goshen. The parts department is part of the service center. We have toured both. All parts ordered by a dealer are shipped from that location.They have a huge inventory of parts on hand right there.We saw the process from the incoming order from the dealer to the shipment out the door. IF the dealer actually orders the part(you should ask for a copy of the order invoice) The service center will receive it. IF the service center has the part in stock it will go out in short order. IF the parts need to be ordered from a vendor the service center informs the dealer. THE DEALER KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON. Remember the service center and the parts department is for ALL keystone products. The service center is a well run operation..The Dealer is at fault in most cases..Come to the fall rally in Goshen...see how the entire prosees works..You may still not be satisfied..but you will understand.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:03 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Here is another angle on shipping, I have a bad rocker, the wood is split, I took pictures of it, (you know how I am about pictures) they sent the rocker steel mechanism in a new Montana from the factory. Instead of my new rocker..I guess sometimes, since they are shipping a trailer anyway, they put the part the dealer needs in it.
(I still have a broken rocker; probably never get another one)...mumble, mumble....
Hey Rich, who can I contact at keystone about this? Sorry Tom don't mean to hijack your thread, but this may help you as well.
Ozz
Old 07-11-2007, 10:54 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It has been my experience that Keystone wants all parts to be ordered via the dealer. If every Keystone owner attempted to order their own parts it would be chaos.We have ordered a couple of parts VIA the dealer(we have a very good dealer) and received the parts at our home in short order.Now we need a new recliner and that is a different story. The service center does not stock who knows how many different styles of Keystone recliners..that is a vendor supplied item and we will get it at the rally.I do not know who to contact at the service center about parts,,Don't think they could track it without a invoice number and you can NOT order it yourself.Now if you just happened to be at the Rally and the service center is right there and the vendor for the recliner and just about everything else is nearby....you just might have some luck?? Not to mention all the salvage stores.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks, I wasn't very clear, I'm all over the place here. I was thinking about the service run around I am getting.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:45 AM   #12
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Ozz, have you considered taking your unit back to the factory to get all of your repairs done? Just might be time and money well spent. After the break-in on my unit some item came in from Keystone rather fast but a few took a long time and pictures were sent to them by the dealer showing the color of the items that we needed. I bet if it had been in the factory repair center someone would have come up with the right items so they could get the unit out to make room for the next one coming in.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:19 AM   #13
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Dennis, If I had the time, I might. It is Naylor's responsibility to fix my unit, I shouldn't be inconvenienced by having to take to another location states away. Also, I'm working on the house trying to get it ready for Winter, and making a few bucks wiring some remodels and installing and servicing A/C units.
I think, (hope) they can do the work, it's just; will they???
Old 07-12-2007, 09:31 AM   #14
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
I recently had to replace my bathroom sink when the DW dropped a hairspray can on it. My San Antonio dealer did a great job! Got the sink and sent it to me in Alaska. It was waiting in Soldatna when I arrived on July 1. I had to get another water heater door from a Montana dealer in Anchorage and they got it via a back order in 3 weeks. Again with delivery to me in Soldatna. Overall--very pleased. Simmons RV in Anchorage and Tex-All RV and Boat in San Antonio were very accomodating and satisfied my needs.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote