Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #1
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Back to the stick house!

How wierd is it going to be going back to the stick house after living in the Montana for almost a year? I haven't been in our home since coming to Califorinia last August. Before that, I was in a 12X10 foot dorm room for a year. I don't know how I am gonna adjust to 4 bedrooms, 2 baths and 2500 sq. feet.
Is it super wierd? Or do you just adjust? Seems like so much to clean and take care of now....all that vacuuming and dusting exhausts me thinking about it.
I haven't really missed the house, just Steve. He went back to work in Yellowstone first of June. After vacation, I have four months or of school left, then we will take the Montana back to Montana!
Any and all input appreciated!
t

txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:44 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Tara, we had some adjustment to being back in the Big House after traveling in our Montana. We missed the togetherness. And, yes, it is way too much to clean and dust. But it is nice to have a stick house, the best of both worlds. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter for you and you will have made a great accomplishment when you're done with your studies. Best of luck to you and Steve.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:46 AM   #3
traveltunes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6877
Take a deep breath and relax knowing you will be home. Hey, with your new degree, just higher a housekeeper to do all the dirty work. At least you won't have to stay in the Monty in Montana during the wintertime.lol Try not to think about all the warm weather you will be leaving behind in sunnny California! (Sorry I couldn't resist) We wish you two the best and safe travels.
traveltunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:35 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
When we walked into our stick house after nearly 5 months on the road it was like walking into a cathedral. We couldn't believe it was so big. Huge bathroom, Take as long a shower as you wish.We could be in the house and not know where the other person was . It is nice to be on the road in the 3400 and there is plenty of room...But it is good to go home. We are on our way home now after 6 weeks on the road and we will be glad to be back......for awhile...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #5
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
We love our stick house and could never full time the Montana is great but again it is nice to come HOME
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:00 PM   #6
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
If one had the magic ability to shrink his stick house to the size of a golf ball, put it in his pocket and take it with him and when you got to where you wanted to stay, snap your fingers and make your home full size again, all hooked up to services, then we would never need to have the magic of a Montana Fiver.
I love my Montana but my favorite place to live on Vancouver Island is my big comfortable home. My favorite place to live on the road is my Montana.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:44 AM   #7
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
t,
The longest we've been gone is only 10 days and it was wierd coming back to the big house. I can't imagine after as long as you've been gone. But, I think you'll adjust fairly fast. I'm betting that there will be some things that you forgot you like about the big house and that you'll also be anxious to get back to the Montana! Have a safe trip.
Lisa
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:01 AM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We love our stick house, which is why we decided to keep it after contemplating fulltiming for a long time. But there is always work staring you in the face when you walk in. It's a lot harder to keep clean. When we were scheduled to leave on this trip, we ended up leaving two days early and were as excited as two little kids when we got on the road. That said, we'll be glad to have the stick house when we're done longtiming.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:49 PM   #9
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Judy, you sound just like us. The 2 happiest days of our trips are the day we leave (we can't wait to hit the road, and often jump the gun and go early) and the day we come home. We have a great time on the road, but it sure is nice to get back home.
Bob
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:52 PM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I'm just thankful that our house is located in a neighborhood where we can safely leave it and know that the neighbors are on alert.

Bob, your blog is continues to be awesome. Great pictures from Glacier. You and Jan look great!
Old 07-12-2007, 06:44 AM   #11
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Why, thank you Judy. I won't tell Jan what you said. (Wouldn't want her head to swell.)
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #12
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Yeah, I'd hate for you to share a compliment, Bob!!