Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2007, 06:31 AM   #1
RLVoumard
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6034
Warranty Period

We have had our 07 Mountaineer since Aug of last year. Now that we have had 6-7 trips in the rig, some items are showing up that only ON THE ROAD USE have detected.

I:E:- Sofa cushion seam tearing
Bedroom dresser drawer - comes off track

How should the dealer react to these, minor but they need to be corrected....do I understand that WARRANTY is ONE YEAR ?

Thanks to all in advance.

P.S Currently at the OASIS in Las Vegas for the week----very nice !

RLVoumard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:46 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Warranty is 1 year and your dealer should take care of them.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:51 AM   #3
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
You won't have a problem at all getting these taken care of.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:43 AM   #4
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Hope that's the most we have go wrong!
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:56 AM   #5
RLVoumard
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6034
We have had very few issues...very minor and all quickly attended to by our local dealer. Overall I am very pleased w/the 5er...
RLVoumard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #6
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
What Glenn said.

Some of my warranty items are so small it's not worth the diesel fuel or time to go to the dealer and I fix them myself.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:11 PM   #7
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
I have had lots of warrenty problems but stay on top of them and call keystone customer service and get e done
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:42 PM   #8
chub
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #610
You should have a one year warranty on everything. If your dealer doesn't honor this I would contact Keystone and then change dealers. We have bought two Montys from Cullam and Maxey in Nashville, Tn. Never had a problem with any warranty work or anything else. Hope you enjoy your 07.
chub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:27 PM   #9
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Actually, you only get 90 days on cabinet and door adjustments, and 1 year on every thing else.

When we bought our 2006 in Jan '06, I stipulated that the warranty would not start until 4/13/06 (the day we actually took the Monty out for the first time).

Something to think about.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:20 AM   #10
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
That's a question we have. We bought our unit if Feb and hopefully will be picking it up tomorrow morning Finally the drivway is free of snow.

Does the warranty begin the day of purchase or the day of pickup?

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:16 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The warranty begins the instant you sign the papers and is 1 year from that date WITH KEYSTONE..it is sort of bumper to bumper warranty..anything goes wrong you take it to a dealer and keystone takes care of it but do not forget that each vendor also has a warranty that may last for a longer period so read over ALL the warranty papers and list what the warranty period is for each vendor.We are also firm believers in holding the manufacturer responsible for all problems large and small during the warranty period unless the problem is one that we must correct to get us on the road..we WILL NOT correct the manufactureres mistakes. We will be at the service center Monday with a list of 27 problems..many of which we could correct..but that is not our responsibility.. We shoot ourselves in the foot when we correct manufacturers errors on our own..If we do not hold the manufacturers feet to the fire then why should they make the product better??? That it is inconvenient and to much trouble to take it to a dealer....yes.. That is is inconvenient that we have to correct their mistakes...yes.. Just my opinion///
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:46 AM   #12
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
I cannot disagree with the answers on this topic, but....., if you are fulltiming or traveling for an extended period of time, small repairs to avoid disruption of your time is a wash. I feel the 1 year warranty is a joke, the normal user of an RV does not use a unit enough to test most of the appliances, options, etc.
A good, reputable dealer is the best warranty you can have, they will take care of a customer to keep that customer. Everyone does not live near the Keystone Service Center for this option.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:49 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are among the folks that travel for extended period of time..just completed 112 days on the road and expect to be on the road 6 or 7 months total in 2007. There are times when we had to make small repairs in order to keep moving Ex..replace leaking valve stem to prevent a flat tire.However although it is a pain in the butt, Time consuming, inconvenient and a bunch of other things , there are many, many reputable and willing to help you dealers out there and in most cases Team Montana will be of great help in directing you t a good dealer..We need to take the time and effort to get it done.. We had a melt down, bad ckt board in the fridge and 2 service calls on our Apollo oven while on the road..Montana handled all the details in terms of service and dealerships..I was not a happy camper as we had to suffer because of keystone and vendor poor quality.. but the issues were resolved. The 1 year warranty IS joke as we have used this camper more in the 10 months we have had it than we used our previous camper in 5 years and our failure rate shows that.. We have never been to the service center before and we are going now because they are better equipped to handle the kinds of problems we had.Being on the road a lot presents a different set of problems in terms of Warranty and dealer service..but..with time, effort, consumer inconvenience and good times lost..we can over come.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:35 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The one year warranty is for the Keystone built items. There are several other warranties. I think adjustments are covered for 90 days. That would include slide adjustments, etc. Some dealers will go ahead with these adjustments after that 90 days. The roof is warranted by Dicor for something like 15 years. The frame is warranted by Lippert. I think it's 5 years but it may be 2 years. The floor structure material has another warranty of it's own, if I recall. I think these are all listed in the various manuals.

We've only had to go to one dealer when on the road and had absolutely no problem. Little things I'll do myself just to avoid the hassle of uprooting and finding a dealer.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:51 AM   #15
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
While Rich's assertion is probably the legal definition of when the warranty period starts, I negotiated with the dealer for the 1 year period to begin once I picked up the unit and took it out for the first time.

Just had some warranty work done in March (14 months from date of purchase) and no problems with Keystone or dealer.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote