Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2006, 03:14 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
So you're gonna buy a new Monty, what are....

.....some of the accessories you would be adding?
I am not asking about OPTIONS as I have them pretty much nailed down. I am talking about the accessories. All the stuff that is added by the dealer and not installed by Montana and stuff you don't want to live without.
Accessories such as MaxxAir vent covers, all new hoses and yes even the 50AMP AutoFormer.
My reasoning is I am compiling a list of accessories that I will want included in the quotes for our new Monty so as to finance everything into one payment. The more I can buy with the Monty the less I will have to buy after the sale.

So what else should I be considering??

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:25 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That is a really good request Glenn..however when Ozz replies you are in really big trouble. I do note in my new 3400 there is no light in the very front compartment. We had our dealer replace the drain in the shower with a good quality one.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:34 AM   #3
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Glenn, this is a great question! I will be following this closely as we will need to know what we need as well when we get our Monty. Thanks for posting such a great question.

Sandi
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:42 AM   #4
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
How about an HWH leveling system, like have on the Class A's. I know that CW installs them on fifth wheels also. Sure would be nice to have a leveling system. Also, 4 six volts and an inverter. Steve
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:44 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

That is a really good request Glenn..however when Ozz replies you are in really big trouble. I do note in my new 3400 there is no light in the very front compartment. We had our dealer replace the drain in the shower with a good quality one.
VERY good point Rich! I just hope OZZ tries to control himself.
Your above suggestion are duly noted.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:05 AM   #6
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Regardless of the model - sufficient electrical cord to reach the pedastals (either one LONG cord or several smaller)-- also, if 50 amp, do you really need 50 amp hookup all the time - that electrical cord is heavy; sewer hoses and tubes of sufficient length and DIAMETER to carry them (diameter important because the 4 inch ones won't hold the hose with ends on it in some cases); and finally, sufficient water hoses to reach the spigot. On ours, when we changed, we went from hookups in the back to hookups mid-trailer - found out we were about 5 ft short on our first outing.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:07 AM   #7
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Glenn and Lorraine, think seriously about the second air. A 120 outlet in the basement is almost a necessity. If you can finagle the installation of the 50amp autoformer, go for it! What about the window awnings, not just the slides. Try to get a different DVD player and a better surround sound system. I know there is more, I'm just drawing a blank now, just wait for OZZ!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:02 AM   #8
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I am looking at the HWH leveling system - that was on feature on the Cambridge and Mobile Suite I liked.
Disk brakes,
Slide covers,
Generator prep
Autoformer and surge protection
second AC
Second Fantastic fan
window awnings
Up graded TV and sound system
back up lights
better water pump or acumilator (larger size)
track lighting
lighting under the steps
Air ride pin
Slide covers (from my Dealer it was his option to install not the factory)
Gel coat cargo doors instead of the other kind
Gee what a wish list.
Cheers
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:33 AM   #9
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Glenn: What about the Mor-Ryde suspension that includes the disk brakes? Dont't forget the hitch.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:58 AM   #10
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
I'd definitely go for an upgraded pinbox (Mor/Ryde or something like it).
Bob
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:21 AM   #11
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Making sure that you have more than one battery. We had to have them add a second box and vent to ours.

I would love to have lights near the stairs. I like the addition of the electrical outlet over the vacuum cleaner. A outlet in the cargo area would be nice as well. Ozz where are you..... want to visit Austin Texas The storage space under the frig and the oven. I think the new ones have that though.

The extra hinges to hold open the cargo door if you get the 3400RL. Didn't think that was necessary until last time out.

Wiring in the Monty so you could watch two different channels on the TVs. That is if you both like to watch different things and you are on a dish.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:10 PM   #12
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
WOW some terrific ideas but I am sure there are somethings we are still missing.

One thing I just remembered is the Prodigy brake controller. Gotta replace the piece of junk I currently have.
Also the new king pin plate for the Superglide
Old 10-19-2006, 12:51 PM   #13
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
H. John,

Guess who builds those systems you were looking at on the Cambridge and the Mobile Suite.

YUP!.......Lippert!!

In fact, come to think of it, I have the same thing on the ol' Challenger. Except for the rear hydraulic stabilizers that are on the DoubleTrees. But, the hydraulic landing gear legs and electric rear stabilizers are the same as what was used on the Cambridges.

So, goes to show, the technology is there. I just don't understand what keeps Keystone from putting them on the Montana. You can bet, when the day comes that this "old dog" orders a Montana, I'm going to do everything in my power to have a "special" frame go in the back door and a couple days later, crisp shiny new Montana come out the front!

MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:55 PM   #14
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
In addition to the cool stuff alread mentioned,

Built in Generator (again)

All new Carefree Awnings (seeings how Montana's are the wrong color anyway) - main awning, window awnings, and the slide awnings with the new carefree raised center bar to keep the water and snow off.

Auto lock satellite system on the roof

Pinbox (I notice Glide-Ride is pretty standard on the new Forest Rivers)
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:11 PM   #15
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Glenn,
Might I suggest the MaxxAir covers and window awnings for your side windows. You might also want to look into having a verticle shade made for the rear window, also dont forget about slide awnings as well.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:32 PM   #16
2007dura
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2313
Screen room that attaches to awning, sun shade that attaches to awning, outside cable hook-up to watch TV under awning, lighted step, water purification system, king pin tri-pod, upgraded mattress, euro chairs instead of recliners, outside chairs, heat strip for air conditioner, patio mat. I can keep going if you want.
2007dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:30 PM   #17
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Can you get a credit for deleting the tube TV and get a high definition LCD ?
Maxx Air vents for sure and maybe the special high volume Maxx Air for your fantastic Fan.
I know you don't want a fireplace but re think that one, your new rig will have tons of storage and they are a super quiet heat source as well as a romance maker..........and we all could use more loving.
Those awning locks that OZZ showed us.
Check out a storage slide compartment.
Mudflaps for the Fiver.
Two 6 volt Golf car batteries.
A Cuisinart Coffee maker that grinds the beans and makes the coffee. Ours comes with us.
Upgrade your surround sound speakers and get a new DVD player that upgrades your DVDs to high definition for your new LCD.
A bottle of good wine to celebrate your first night in your beautiful new Montana. ENJOY
A good Weather Clock unit with a wireless sender that gives you the outside temp and humidity.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:18 AM   #18
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Glenn: Saw you mentioned a Prodigy brake controller -- might I suggest you look at BrakeSmart - everything I read and see says it is superior (have to admit I currently have Prodigy) but a couple who often accompany my wife an I on our trips has the BrakeSmart on their TV, difference in Night and Day in stopping with no lag times, consistent feel, etc.; it is on my list of wants as well but with me having a new truck, I don't want to mess with anything that might mess with 'warranty' until I get some more miles on it -- can't afford the payment and be my own warrantee as well right now. Definitely go with Disk brakes as well
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:42 AM   #19
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Glenn, I could add my second to lots of these suggestions, but I'll just point out that there's a difference in the hydraulic STABILIZERS mentioned by MIMF2 and hydraulic LEVELERS. Get the levelers. My HWH levelers will lift the Monty off the ground.

Two more suggestions:
- Upgrade the main awning with the Carefree electrical control.
- Add a washer/dryer.

Have fun shopping!
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:31 AM   #20
CLOSETOMYHART

M.O.C. #5110
Instant hot water tap at the kitchen sink. Spoil yourselves with this handy item included in many new homes. Newer units have the filtered water for an additional convenience. Think about it - you'll have all the kitchen cooking and drinking water you need with minimum water "down the drain". Wire a separate circuit and add a new outlet in the bathroom,near the vacuum and in the storage area at the same time. Many thanks for all the interesting ideas and helpful suggestions from everyone.
CLOSETOMYHART is offline   Reply With Quote