Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2006, 03:15 PM   #1
Montana_6390

M.O.C. #6390
Any happy '07 3400RL owners ??????

Waiting on ours to come in , would like to here both pros & cons from anyone who has one .

Here's to happy days !! B.

Montana_6390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:24 PM   #2
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Ours is on the line now be here the week of the 23rd maybe compare serial numbers may have been next each other during the build. LOL We are so looking forward to moving into the house of our dreams and get to take it everywhere we want. Doesn't get any better than that does it!

Yes here's to happy days indeed.............
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:36 PM   #3
Bobcat
Established Member

M.O.C. #6048
We love everything about ours. One little problem, the kitchen faucet. Water under the cabinet. Dealer told us the o ring not that good, said to caulk around the faucet would fix the problem. If you want more room in the bedroom, get the queen mattress.
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:52 AM   #4
bonscott
Established Member

M.O.C. #1097
One thing we just discovered is that the new rigs are being outfitted without the wood refrigerator door panel, and the door to the head is now plain, not the paneled door look.
This is very disappointing to us, as we ordered ours at the end of
September.
According to Keystone customer service, and the dealer, here is their reason- they switched to the darker Ash cabinitry and finish, and cannot get the color of the refrig. door and panel door to match in tone.
Our refrig. will have a black face, and the bathroom door, being plain, looks cheap.
We sent an email to keystone a few days ago, and no response.
Since the refrig. door panels are part of the Value package, which is extra $ , this does not seem right.
Keystone did tell us that they have had lots of complaints. They should.
Besides the above, we are can't wait until ours is delivered !
bonscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:20 AM   #5
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
Mine is due by the 1st of November. I really hope we're not disappointed. I wasn't told of any changes at the time of the order.
I'm still excited though.
Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:29 AM   #6
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Hang in there Blue, & bonscott, it won't be long now.

On Edit - Oops, you too badhunt and Tom & Gina
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:58 PM   #7
2007dura
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2313
Here is a picture of the black front fridge.http://www.lakeshore-rv.com/lakeshor...s/DSC09222.JPG
2007dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:07 PM   #8
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I think I would really raise a ruckus about that fridge and bathroom door! That was one of the selling features of the Montana when we bought was all of the nice wood, especially on the fridge. Forest River doesn't seem to have a problem. Tell Montana to ask Cardinal how they kept up with their wood tone change and follow through, even if there is a delay in getting the parts.

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:18 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We are very happy with ours. We've only had the 3400 for 6 or 7 weeks. The only thing I'd suggest is more outlets. Be aware many people didn't know there is an outlet by the desk. It's hidden by a window curtain. We (thanks Ozz) added an outlet above the central vac. Pull the vac out (4 screws) and it's easy to add an outlet. There's even an outlet inside that cavity you can plug into. We also added an outlet in the closet, near the head of the bed. Overall, this is a terrific model.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:06 PM   #10
dawgspit

M.O.C. #5695
I have had my 2007 3400RL since late July and have only one incident I did not like. After the fourth camping trip the black tank flusher began leaking when flushing the black tank. The excess leakage ended up coming out of the exterior through what I think is the hot water tank assembly onto the electronic board. Any way I am going to check things out for possible water damage on the inside where possible before going back to the dealer. Other then that all is well.
dawgspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 11:00 PM   #11
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have had my 3400RL now for the past 3 summers. There are things I like and some things I dont, overall I have been very happy with my coach....
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:26 AM   #12
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Does that black fridge door really show the fingerprints I wonder ??? We, too, have always loved the look of the wood fridge doors, particularly my husband love them.
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:10 AM   #13
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Looking at the picture of the fridge door I believe that I will not be a happy fulltimer over that. If I am not mistaken isn't there another option for door panels. I seem to remember one in my travels that was more raised and a dark grey/black with a brushed finish. A very nice combination with the stove also. If so why did they go the cheap way out. I am sure that the other door insert would cost more. Oops silly me I forgot about the consideration of Corperate bonuses..... If anyone has any info about changing the door panels please let us know.

Thanks for the heads up and remember the.......
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:40 AM   #14
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Fingerprints, yep, saw a unit with the new frig, and the frig front was covered with em.

Door panels vs non are what they call running changes at the plant in Goshen. Just like when they changed the hardware from the shiny brass we have in our unit to the antique brass, and then to the almost black. Read the brochures, they clearly state that they can make them. For some it is a problem, some of us lucked out, and got a running change that tickled us pink (ours was the dining chairs with storage, we JUST got in on that one! Like by days! )

Our doors on the bathroom and such, are NOT raised panels. They changed and went to the raised panels, and now, it seems they have gone back to non-raised. For me, benefit of NON raised was that we got a full length mirror on the washer/dryer door (old bedroom/bathroom configuration). I LOVE that mirror. Some do not, we do.

Some of the units we saw in Goshen at plant tour also had the square cut cupboard doors, we have those, then they changed out to a rounded corner. I would have loved getting the rounded corner. Alas, I got the flat bedroom floor and the dining chairs with storage. I'll take em!

No, we don't have a 3400 (see sig line), but these comments would be true for our 3295 and/or the 3400.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:22 AM   #15
RADHAZJOE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3149
16 months fulltiming in a 3400 34 states 35,000 miles. Great floor plan but: I could go on for days about poor finish work. It seems everything was done to get it out the door as quickly and cheaply as possible. They say it takes less than 2 days to finish one of these once the frame enters the plant. It shows.
RADHAZJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:34 AM   #16
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The black would be OK with me.I mean the wood is not really wood anyhow some kind of composite stuff.Don't know that I would say as quickly and cheaply as possible..but certainly as expeditiously and cost effectively as possible..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:12 AM   #17
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
We love ours (July 17 build). All problems were self-induced so far... Make sure stove is installed level. Ours was not, but an easy fix.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:17 PM   #18
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
I showed my bride the picture of the black fridge and she liked it. So if ours comes with a black fridge then it will be a bonus.
If mama's happy, Big Daddy's happy
Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:52 PM   #19
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
At first I was not excited about the "black fridge" panels. After spending some time in the coach, it somewhat grew on me. You are going to see finger prints, but no more than you see on the microwave. A damp towel will have those prints gone in no time.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:52 AM   #20
CampingCrazyShirley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6271
I have had both the wood front and black front over the years with different campers. The wood looks nice, and yes, the black shows fingerprints, but either works for me. I would prefer the wood, but I guess when ours comes in, it is what it is. I guess it doesn't matter which floor plan you order, they are still making the change on the fridge or does anyone know? We ordered the 3500 RL.
CampingCrazyShirley is offline   Reply With Quote