Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2006, 02:17 AM   #1
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
everest

I see some mention the Everest. What is the difference between it and the Montana

hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:02 AM   #2
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
I understand that they are made on the same production line. The difference is the trim and standard equipment. It's built on same frame, axles, etc.
Craig A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:13 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
They are not built on the same line. The Everest and the Challenger are built on the same line. We are told the Everest and Montana have the same operating budget but spend the dollars a bit differently.They are very similar with the Everest, in general having a bit better interior..IMO.Both are great campers.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:29 AM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
hookman

go here:

http://www.keystonerv.com/

both Everestt and Montana and MORE are here in great detail, you can compare specs to your hearts delight, might even find online brochures you can download and/or print.

Have fun!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:00 PM   #5
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Here's the Keystone line up...in order, top to bottom:

1. Montana/Everest
2. Mountaineer/Challanger
3. Cougar/Laredo/Outback
4. The rest.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:08 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I asked that question of 3 different Keystone execs over the past couple of years. All three gave me the same answer so I figure it must be reasonably accurate. Both have essentially the same bottom line budget but spend it differently. Everest spends more on the things you see (e.g. cabinetry and other visible niceties). Montana spends more on what you don't see (e.g. construction quality, attic vents to vent moisture, etc.). Both are good rigs. Which is best for you depends on how you use it and how long you intend to keep it. If you weekend and vacation and will keep it just a few years then you probably don't really need the Montana's better construction quality. If you buy the one that works best for you in all respects then you can't really make a bad choice between the two, in my opinion. Check their respective websites and compare notes on construction, standard items, etc., and you'll see what I'm saying. We recently bought our third Montana and we still feel Montana is the best choice for our use.

On edit, in talking recently with our dealer when we were purchasing, he said Montana and Everest start out at about the same price. But, look at the blue book for year old rigs and see the difference. The Montana used value is much greater. I have not personally checked this out but it would be telling if it's true.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote