Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2006, 09:02 PM   #21
EagleRunner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5255
Rick,
Did you call Duratain directly or did you work through your dealer?

While Wade Weiss was applying the product to my coach he mentioned on occasion they will include your TV when you purchase the full package treatment. They were not offering that when my contract was written nor are they currently doing so. Something to ask about though for those who plan on purchasing in the future. It may be a negotiating point when working through a dealer.

EagleRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:10 PM   #22
EagleRunner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5255
Rick,

Did you call Duratain directly or did you work through your dealer?

Funny you mentioned the TV. Talking to Wade Weiss while he was applying the product to my coach, he mentioned that on occasion they offer a bonus, when you purchase the whole package (all 4 products), of doing your TV as well. Something for those of you who are thinking about it; it may well be a negotiating tool when working through a dealer. Doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:24 AM   #23
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Any pricing for any/all of these products?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:28 AM   #24
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
My question exactly, how much???
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:27 PM   #25
EagleRunner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5255
Broome101 and dsprik,

At the beginning of this thread I stated that I only purchased the Paint Sealer and Textile Sealer applications. Those two cost me a total of $784 and each are warranted for 5-years.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:46 PM   #26
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Tom,
Thanks for the info, I am going to have to look into this. I will probably not go with the textile application as there are no kids (other than me) using my coach. I sure like the idea of not having to wax the coach for the next 5 years. Something to look into... Thanks again!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:03 PM   #27
EagleRunner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5255
Montana Sky,

If I remember correctly, the Textile sealer application was a very very small percentage of the overall cost. Because it was so negligible, I decided to go with it. I do have grandchildren and I need all the help I can get to keep the fabric & carpet clean.

Now if I can just figure a way to cover all those kid enticing switches
Old 04-26-2006, 04:42 PM   #28
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
EagleRunner.. not sure where Danbury is, we have only lived here since Sept. We are 30 miles east of Austin off Highway 71.
For those who want to know cost..2 yrs ago for the 3 application areas it cost us $1100.
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:08 AM   #29
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
I elected to do the Monty only. Here are prices and contact nos. and emails.
1 sealant $761 trailer
2 sealant $959 trailer and awning or trailer and textiles
3 sealant $1124 trailer, awning, and textiles (furniture, carpet ) or any combination of 3
full package including undercoat $1124
They quoted me $766 for the truck.
direct to the owner email Jacqueline Weiss weiss@duratain.com
Information e-mail info@duratain.com
Phone nos.--1-866-500-5054
local number (Tacoma, Etc, Western Washington)-253-847-5054
I was impressed with the courtesy and the promptness of the reply I received. They can give you the names and numbers of local dealers also.

Hope this helps
Rick
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:31 AM   #30
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
If anyone in Colorado has tried this PM me or email me. I'd be curious to see it first hand and haven't really found anyone locally.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:23 AM   #31
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
That's alot of hand wax jobs I can do myself for that kind of money, little to steep for my taste. Know once I cannot get up and down ladder I might would consider that, for health reasons.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:05 PM   #32
EagleRunner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5255
Imp,

I was off on that one. I was thinking of Brazoria County. Danbury is approximately 60 miles south of Houston and sits in Brazoria County. I spent many a summer down there as a kid working with my grandfather in the rice fields. Too many cotton mouth to suit me.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:34 PM   #33
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
The under carriage tratment seemse to be the same stuff that they spray in pickup beds. I had my pickup bed sprayed and they did all my fender bottom edges in color to match my truck. I mentioned my Mountaineer. The owner of the shop said he would give me a deal if I let him spray the metal areas that are exposed under the mountaineer. I had him do it. He even sprayed the area where my lp tanks are and the front storage area because it was just metal painted black. He sprayed the lp area, and the storage area a silver color like my truck,looks great. Remember this spray on bedliner stuff was invented by a guy who maintained the big shovels that dig in some of the big surface mines over in Africa.It withstands moisture and rough treatment.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:51 PM   #34
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I just stopped at a fiberglass shop last week. They quoted me a price of $200 to do a wax and sealer on the entire coach. They claim the wax will last about a year and the sealant will last 2 to 3 years depending on the amount of road wear the coach gets. I am going to have this done next month when the temps warm up a bit. I will have them wax the coach every year during the spring time to keep the shine and sealer current.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:57 PM   #35
cargary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1150
Montana Sky:
Does the shop wax or seal the coach first?
Gary
cargary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:43 PM   #36
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Gary,
If I remember correctly, they first wash, then wax, followed by the sealant after that. From there for future cleaning all I have to do is just apply another fresh coat of wax to bring back that "glossy smooth" look. I am going to double check with him again to verify I understood him correctly.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:31 PM   #37
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Dave,

What kind of "fiberglass shop" I mean is it a boat place or do these just do industrial fiberglass? I'd be curious to see how this works, it took my wife and I an entire weekend a month ago to wax the whole coach. We could have done it in a day, time wise, just didn't have the energy.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:24 PM   #38
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
mac,
This specific shop does all marine and rv fiberglass repairs, waxing, paint work, and sealing of fiberglass. They also do some industrial stuff for the city of Spokane as well, but their main product is boat and rv. I am going to see how the coach comes out and if all is well, am going to have the wash/wax/buff/seal my boat as well. The guy said that this sealer will pretty much allow the bottom of the boat to be cleaned with a high pressure sprayer at the end of summer. The slime from sitting in the river for 6 months will "wash away" with little scrubbing required. As you know I just had 2 shoulder surgeries last month and the days of washing and waxing are over for me. This sounds like just the stuff I have been looking for to help keep the toys looking good with little "manual labor" and "physical" use of my arms/shoulders. I will let you know what I find out about the application process when I talk with the guy next week.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:14 PM   #39
cargary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1150
Montana Sky,
If you can, help me to understand the durability of this process. You said in reply to my question, " Do they wax or seal first", That they first wash, then wax, followed by the sealer. You then stated that the wax application was said to last 1 year and the sealer from 2-3 years.
If the sealer covers the wax job, how does the wax wear off before the sealer, which is coating the wax? Can you help me understand this? It would seem to me that the wax should last as long as the sealer. I hope I'm not being a pest here, just curious. Thanks,
Gary
cargary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 07:24 PM   #40
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Gary,
I need to clarify the process, they wash and then wax the coach followed by the sealer, followed by another coat of wax. The last coat of wax will only last the year or so and the sealer will last 2 to 3 years if no other coats of wax are used. My plan is to have the process done later this month and then every spring have the coach waxed again. The sealer should last longer if the coach is waxed every year. The shop said the sealer is only guaranteed for a maxium of 3 summer seasons. He claimed it would last much longer if I bring it in for a wax job every spring, but as to how long it would truly last is unknown. He thought more along the lines of 5 years. I hope this is a little more clear, if not let me know and I will try to fill in the gaps.