Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2005, 10:34 AM   #1
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
MSRP on 3000RK

We are trying to evaluate an offer on this coach. The dealer's quote begins with "Our Price" of around $45,000 and deducts from that a slightly inflated tradein for our old coach. I read in another thread on this forum a reference to a MSRP of $54,259 for this model. How can I determine what the MSRP really is? I'd appreciate any guidance from you knowledgeable folks.
Bob

bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:57 AM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Bob, $45,000 might be a little high. Burside in Gaylord, MI has this:

http://www.burnsiderv.com/rv_detail.asp?ID=15789

I don't believe Burnside is really known for their "rock bottom" retail prices, but they are a great dealership for service and a fairly good deal. But if Burnside is "listing" at this price, anything higher I would consider... well, it would be too high for retail, I would believe, Bob. JMHO (Just My Humble Opinion).

However, it also depends on what options your dealer has included. If curious, call Gary at the Gaylord store. (I'm going to see him tomorrow.) My experience with Gary is that he orders most lot units in with most of the options.

Dave
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:51 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Because of the continuous running changes, Montana does not have a true MSRP and every dealer kind of makes up their own. If Montana did have a true MSRP, due to constant running changes in standard equipment it would probably change from one day to the next. I do believe that you will find the 3000RK "MSRP" is going to be in the mid 40's. The MSRP is nothing more than a starting point to begin the dickering process and that MSRP will vary from dealer to dealer.
If you want the lowest possible price than you will have to put together exactly what options you want. Than with that information in hand start contacting dealers, either in person or by phone. Do not waste your time with trying to get that bottom line with emails as there are always questions the dealer has that must be answered and can only be done on a one to one basis.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:35 PM   #4
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
The price is important, but the dealer is just as important. Just make sure that your dealer will back you if anything goes wrong with your coach. Too many horror stories. We have a great dealer and they have covered us when they really did not have to (We have never had an issue over the small stuff) . Not all are good dealers, and it is very important (they still want our business in the future)..If you can get a good price and a good dealership, then you have it all........Les and Sue
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:22 AM   #5
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Thanks for the input. I guess we'll nose around a little more before we pull the trigger.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:58 AM   #6
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bobgay

We are trying to evaluate an offer on this coach. The dealer's quote begins with "Our Price" of around $45,000 and deducts from that a slightly inflated tradein for our old coach. I read in another thread on this forum a reference to a MSRP of $54,259 for this model. How can I determine what the MSRP really is? I'd appreciate any guidance from you knowledgeable folks.
Bob
Do a search for Foley's RV. They are out of Seattle WA. They belong to the Costco Wholesale plan and if you are a member they will give you a price over email that gives you an idea of the large mark up on RVs.

This information can help you see what you are truly getting for your trade. I was able to find a good dealer that even beat the Costco price or I was willing to buy from Foley's. In my case I saved 9000 dollars by going this way. Good Luck, Don.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:34 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We put out 14 bids on a 3670 a couple of months ago.We asked for the MSVRP and the dealers BEST bid..We got back a wide range of MSVRP's.As Glenn said the dealer assigns their own..Example one bid indicated a MSVRP of 53,330.00 and a bid price of 37,200.00 which is 30% off the DEALERS MSVRP..Other dealer MSVRP's were around 46K but after a bit of dickering got down to the 37/38K range..Of course the 3670 is gone so we are starting over again. The important thing is to take your time, Do a lot of homework and shopping around..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:35 AM   #8
Dano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4721
Hey Bob, WE have the 3000RK. I see your in north Fl. We bought from Northgate in north Ga. We were very pleased with the dealership from start to finish. It might be worth the short drive to work a better deal. we have just about every oppt. you can get and landed it for just over $36,000. The phone #706-935-8883 Northgate Rv center Ringgold Ga. Let us know how it goes.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:17 PM   #9
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Check the Suncoast RV web site they have acouple of 3000RK's in the mid forties.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:49 PM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Old GI

Check the Suncoast RV web site they have acouple of 3000RK's in the mid forties.
Right you are Pete and they are both at the Pinellas Park location.

Bob Gay, I don't want this to sound as a sales pitch but I would do my homework and get the best prices and than with them in hand come to the RV show in Tampa. I would be willing to bet that you'll get a better price at the show.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:42 PM   #11
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Glenn:
We've been thinking about going to the Tampa show. If I buy at the show, what about my old coach. Will they handle a trade-in there, or do I have to get rid of it on my own?
Bob
Old 12-24-2005, 03:17 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I will agree with Glenn about the RV show being a better place to buy the Rv..More choice ,and more competition.We are old RV sales persons ourselves in fact will be working the Cleveland Rv show the first week of Jan.. and we purchased our last three RV's at Rv shows. If we were anywhere near Tampa and the RV show we would either like Glenn have got ourselves a job with a Rv dealership and be working the show OR we would be at Glenn,s desk having him crunch some numbers for us. ( We will, hopefully, be buying our Montana whatever model at the Toledo Rv show)
Old 12-24-2005, 07:57 AM   #13
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Bob,
When I ordered my 2004 3400RL back at the rv show in Jan of 04' I traded in my 2002 Montana Mountaineer 315RLS. We made a deal that was based on the dealership seeing my coach I was trading in. It did help me since I bought it from them back in 2002, but all I had to do was tow it up to them and once they saw it and we agreed on the trade in price I signed the bottom line. Left the trade in there with them to re-sell and came back in April of 04' to pick up my new 3400RL.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 09:35 AM   #14
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bobgay

Glenn:
We've been thinking about going to the Tampa show. If I buy at the show, what about my old coach. Will they handle a trade-in there, or do I have to get rid of it on my own?
Bob
Not a problem they will take your old coach on trade.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:40 PM   #15
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Thanks for the help, guys. Guess we'll go to the Tampa show, but I don't think we have enough time to order one from the factory. We are leaving on a five month trip in early March and don't want to make the trip in the old coach. We'll probably have to buy one from a dealer's stock. Should have gotten an earlier start.
Bob
Old 01-01-2006, 10:55 AM   #16
CouchsCampers
Established Member

M.O.C. #911
Hi bobgay,

Montana Does have an m.s.r.p. They provide it to all there dealers. The only reason for the price differece from one dealer to the next on m.s.r.p SHOULD be the freight cost. Some dealers may make up there own m.s.r.p but montana does have one. I posted the newest one they have given us on my group that also has some pictures of the montanas http://groups.msn.com/CouchsCampersI...oto&PhotoID=60 This is also posted in the documents but you have to be a member of the group to open that part. I hope this helps you.

Quote:
quote:How can I determine what the MSRP really is? I'd appreciate any guidance from you knowledgeable folks.
Bob
CouchsCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I have the price list dated Nov 2005 from Keystone.It shows a base price increase in models from the May 2005 MSVRP list price.The MSVRP option list is however the same. The e list posted by Couchscampers is a good one, this week. We will try to get the latest list from the Montana reps next week at our show...
Old 01-01-2006, 12:42 PM   #18
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Keystone MAY have changed their policy, but I could have sworn I heard Jeff Rank tell us at a Rally that they DO NOT set a MSRP. Thought he said that the dealers set their own. Been wrong before, will be again, but that is what I remember.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #19
Montana_4397
Established Member

M.O.C. #4397
Thanks for the updated price sheet Ray, It shows a $620 increase in the 3295RK from around the October time frame. If this includes the Mor-Ride system as standard, It's great.

Best Regards, Ted
Montana_4397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #20
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The price sheet dated Nov 05 does not have the Mor-Ryde listed.believe Glenn said that the Mor-Ryde did not appear till Dec05. Looks like changes are day to day with the Montana at this time..