Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2005, 11:47 AM   #1
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
Diesel fuel question

Ever since we entered California it takes a long time to fill our tank with diesel. It seems to foam up very quickly and the nozzle shuts off repeatedly requiring sometimes 1/2 hour to fill up. No problems in Wash. or Oregon, but we have had problems in California and Nevada. Just curious if anyone had any feedback on why or any fixes? We have a 99 F350 Ford.
Is this an EPA standards thing that makes the fuel different in some way? Thanks, Les

Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 12:15 PM   #2
kwbosch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3237
Les,

I live in Kalifornia and haven't bought fuel out of state in some time. I can tell you that after the nozzle shuts off the first time, I can pump another 5-6 gallons of fuel and still not be topped off. I feel your frustration...

Ken
kwbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 12:50 PM   #3
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
Thanks Ken, Hopefully someone can give some insight on this, if that is possible....Les
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kwbosch

Les,

I live in Kalifornia and haven't bought fuel out of state in some time. I can tell you that after the nozzle shuts off the first time, I can pump another 5-6 gallons of fuel and still not be topped off. I feel your frustration...

Ken
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:37 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
It doesn't seem like ours takes any longer to fill with diesel than the previous TV did with gas. BTW when Ed topped ours off it caused the "Check Engine" light to come on and the book said that is one of the problems. Something about the air or vacuum in the tank being not right. BTW2 one station in town $3.55 - two others downtown $3.05. Guess where we are going!
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote