Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2005, 10:11 AM   #1
Montana_2872
Established Member

M.O.C. #2872
2006 3400 RL Interior Colors Changed & A/C?

Has Keystone changed the interior colors for the 2006 models. When we saw the trailer before ordering it, the carpet was a solid beige. The curtains were green with a soft burgandy color. We just got the 3400 yesterday and the carpeting is beige with a fleck of green and burgandy in it and the curtains are green and gold. The colour we ordered was Spruce. We saw the carpeting with the flecks in it on a 2004 model but not in the 2005. Also, the gold/green curtains were in the 2004 model but not the 2005. Our model is a 2006. I was told by the dealer that there were no changes in the 2006 so I was expecting a solid beige carpting with curtains that were green/soft burgandy. Also, the carpeting in the bedroom goes right up to the shower door whereas the 2005 shows it should be linoleum. It is brutally hot today and wondered how long it would take for the A/C to cool down the whole trailer? We just have the one A/C in the living room. I had to leave because of the heat and plan on going back tonight to finish putting in all my supplies. Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Heather and Rick

Montana_2872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:38 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are going to a dealer to look at a 2006 model year 3400 Monday..Will check on changes.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:41 AM   #3
Montana_2872
Established Member

M.O.C. #2872
Thanks very much. We look forward to your reply.
Sincerely,
Heather and Rick
Old 06-24-2005, 10:41 AM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Williams

They do change stuff on these Montana's all the time. Heard that one of the suppliers for softgoods could not deliver, so, one of the colors was dropped temporarily (?).

From what we can tell, the dealers are the last to know of running changes.

The carpet sounds nice to me! Is it puppy proof??
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:18 PM   #5
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Heather and Rick ... following our drive from Effingham, IL to just outside Danville, MO in 90+ heat, it took roughly six hours for our rig to cool down. The ceiling fan and table fans help, but it still takes awhile with one a/c and the rig sitting in the hot sun. When it does cool down, you might want to think about using table fans (if you don't already) to help keep the air moving around.

Enjoy your new Montana ... let the adventures begin!!!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:36 PM   #6
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Oh so right about the change they make through the year. We have a 05 2955rl in the bath compared to other 2955rls on the dealers lot we have a gold shower gold faucet and antique brass finishes on the light fixtures in the bath @ bedroom. Other 2955rl had it right with all antique brass finishes in bath and bedroom. My wife may of had it right when she said they must run out of stuff and grab what is left?? Ours takes at least 4++ hours to cool down. If possible we set-up and take a drive or go out to eat or snack. After the cool down it will keep the unit cool 94 today in Illinois.
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:30 PM   #7
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Dennis and Debbie - where in Illinois are you? We are about an hour west of Chicago in the Glendale Heights area.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:18 PM   #8
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Go to my Webshots link in my signature. There are pictures of the Spruce color, on another model. I have a 2005 Spruce 3400, made in November 2004, and the colors are very close to these pictures. Picture #1 is the closest. The carpet has flecks in it, not green nor burgundy, but shades of brown and beige. The curtains are Gold (a little darker than picture 1) and green.

Hope this helps, they are always changing things tho. Since fabric runs and carpet runs are different.

FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 04:23 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Williams..we are leaveing in a short to look at a 3400 at our dealer about 1 hour up the road.Did a print on your msg about the color change. Will check out the 2006 colors.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:15 PM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Williams, We checked out a 06 3400 today at Town & Country Rv sales in Clyde, Ohio.That is were we will be buying our Montana. The interior color Scheme was exactly as the one that you ordered.(so says helen)There was linoleum at the front door all the way to the kitchen and there was linoleum in front of the shower door. The dealer had no information on 06 color schemes.I can tell you that if a camper came in with a color scheme that Helen did not order she would not accept it.In fact she told that to the dealer and he said " so would he.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:40 PM   #11
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Today was 88 and I have found a little trick that seems to help cool things down for my 3400RL. I do not run the a/c on auto. I switch it to cool and select "fan" with the speed set on high. I have found that when the temp gets to the set mark, it will shut off the a/c but continues to use the fan and recirculates the air through the duct work. Then when the temp rises in the coach the a/c will kick back on and add more cold air into the flow. It does help if you do this before the heat of the day as the main a/c will have a chance to get the coach cool and then the rest of the day just keeps right up with the temp as the heat climbs. I will be adding the second a/c sometime this year but am working on a few other projects first. I have also found that if you are running the a/c, the ceiling fan can cause the a/c to "freeze up". The blades off the fan are making the air going into the return on the a/c too cold which causes the freeze.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 05:58 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Montana Sky, thanks for the tip. I just returned from walking to the thermostat and changing the fan setting from Auto to On.

By the way, we nearly always have the ceiling fan running when the AC is on and never get a freezeup. The ceiling fan is maybe 3 feet from the AC unit. Go figure.

In the past this AC has done an excellent job of keeping our rig right at the thermostat setting. But the past couple of days it has struggled. I suspect it may be getting near needing a recharge. The temperatures recently have peaked at around 95, 96, with high humidity (~65%), and the thermostat is on 75. During the peak afternoon heat it has risen to 80 degrees in here despite having the ceiling fan and a couple of floor fans running. It used to hold the temperature. We have no shade until late evening but we've had that situation before and been fine as I recall. Hopefully the fan trick will help keep the temperature from rising quite so much. If this continues I guess we'll have to think about having it checked. It will be three years old in about three or four weeks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:12 PM   #13
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Steve,
Thanks for pointing that out, I should have also noted that my ceiling fan is located right infront of my a/c unit so the blades spin right under the air return on the a/c unit itself. Probably wont be a problem for those who have fans farther away from the a/c than mine is. I hope that trick works for you. Let me know if it does or am I just getting lucky so far since the temps have not really gotten to the 90 degree and higher mark.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:38 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Will do. It was too late yesterday to tell how it worked but today will be another scorcher and the fan is on On right now. Our AC kept it cool even in very hot, humid weather until this summer so I really think we need a recharge.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:51 AM   #15
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
The only problem with this is we've been told several times these umits were not meant for the fan to run all the time. Do we have a HVAC person out there for the answer?
Happy trails................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 06:51 AM   #16
mazeeff
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2055
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

The only problem with this is we've been told several times these umits were not meant for the fan to run all the time. Do we have a HVAC person out there for the answer?
Happy trails................
There is no reason not to run the fan on high 24/7. In the hot Texas heat, ours runs 99% of the time even in "auto". 1% more will not make a difference in longevity. Having the fan run high all the time has the other advantage of quickly clearing the ice when the unit cycles. On the color issue, when we purchased our 2005 model, it was missing one set of armrest covers for the recliner. We looked through every other unit on the lot hoping to match color/pattern, and no luck. Models with the same color description, yielded slightly different patterns and colors. The dealer then ordered two different sets of replacements from the factory, and nothing matched!
mazeeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 07:41 AM   #17
Montana_2872
Established Member

M.O.C. #2872
Thanks to all for your help and answers. We're learning as we go. We have the trailer set up and we are the only "MONTANA" owners in the campsite (of over 240 lots). So, it's been a revolving door all weekend. To see everyone's face when Rick pulled it in and then their expressions when they saw the interior was priceless !!! To say the least, there are a lot of friends and neighbours going to look at Montana's Our existing deck is too small so we are in the midst of renovating it to suit the new RV. Rick came up with an excellent design so it will be 2 tier with a separate "mini deck" for the dogs (Kristi, our Miniature Schnauzer and Emma, our Maltese along with the 3 Maltese pups !!!) So far everything works perfectly although when I turned on the "patio scare lights", I did not realize they were like flood lights and the neighbours thought the SWAT team had arrived !!! I laughed till I had tears I'm still reading directions and mixing up remotes but getting through it all bit by bit... Does Montana have classes for all this stuff? (just kidding haha)... Anyways, will send pics as soon as this deck is completed this week. If you're in Southwestern Ontario, Sarnia area, drop us an email and perhaps we can get together. Again, our sincere thanks and as for the colors, my dealer said Montana does that frequently but I can live with it. Will be keeping everyone posted as to our progress and will probably have a lot more questions as I spend more time in it.
Heather and Rick
Old 06-27-2005, 11:46 AM   #18
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Montana Sky, you mentioned waiting to see if running the fan on ON would help keep the place cooler. Today's outside temperature and humidity are very close to yesterday's, as is wind, sunshine, etc. Yesterday allowed the temperature to climb to 81, with fan on AUTO. Today it held it to 80, one degree difference. Thermostat was on 75 both times. I did forget to turn on one of the floor fans so had I remembered that (Vicki was gone all day) maybe it would have held it down another degree.

I just wish it were holding it at 75 like it used to do.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:45 PM   #19
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Steve,
Sounds like maybe your right, might be time for a re-charge on the a/c. Last weekend it got into the mid 80's full sun and little breeze ran the a/c like I had said earlier and it kept the coach cool at 72 all day. Well maybe this will work or maybe I am just too hopeful. Will be down at the lake all weekend for the 4th and temps are to be in mid 90's. Hope to be able to keep the coach as cool as last week. Thanks for the reply. Safe travels.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:24 AM   #20
chopstyx57
Established Member

M.O.C. #736
I also have a 3400RL....do yourself a favor and put another 15000btu AC in the bedroom...it makes all the difference in the world. Camped in Phoenix last summer in 117 degree heat and Monty stayed a cool 72 degrees. It is more than worth the investment if you are in scorching heat.
chopstyx57 is offline   Reply With Quote