Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2005, 05:38 PM   #1
MontanaPup

M.O.C. #3198
New Semi Retired Member

Hello and Aloha to All Montana RV Trailer Owners,
I joined a couple of days ago but was having trouble staying logged in on the Forum website until "Home On The Road" emailed me a while ago and came through with the answer and solved my dilema. All I wish to do is prepare for new adventures in RVing and meet some wonderful people with new experiences to share. Oh, I am single and available... if interested check out until March 1st Match.com (RomanticPup) as my niece suggested computer dating instead of visiting the bar scene where dancing used to exist. I enjoy the outdoors, dancing with all type of music, deer hunting, fresh and salt water fishing, volunteering when it deals with helping the youth and am a retired, not of my choice, Internal Auditor after 27 1/2 years working for the government. As of January I bought a retirment gift to myself of a brand new 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CrewCab LS 4WD with short bed. I added a Warn Trans4mer Grill/Guard Winch 9000i system, a Linex Bed Liner, a Flowmaster dual exhaust system and a Fold-A-Cover locking Tonneau cover as a bonus to complete the package. Then in early February I purchased a 2003 29ft 5th Wheel Montana Model 2850RK used trailer from Reeds RV Dealership in Penngove, California which was hardly used by the original owners plus I added a new Pullrite SuperGlide 16k hitch for safety purposes. I hope to do a lot of traveling to spectacular hunting and fishing spots as well as travel to enjoy meeting new people learning about life on a daily basis. I plan to travel to Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington State, Colorado, Utah and Arizona to start out with in the beginning. I have been trying to locate some type of paper back bound directory to "all" RV sites to sleep over, if need be at economical cost, but have not found a source yet to provide a book listing them for the states I plan to visit. I would appreciate any and all suggestions as I condsider myself a "newbee" at this time and wish to learn the shortcuts and precautions to drive by while enjoying RVing. Thanks in advance... I look forward to be an active member with MOC... MontanaPup

MontanaPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 04:04 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard. Try www.trailerlife.com and www.woodalls.com . They publish campground directories in paper, cd, and online. You can also find those directories in major book stores. Have fun.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 04:35 AM   #3
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Welcome Montanapup to the MOC we are glad that you joined and look forward to seeing your post and hearing about all your great adventures.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 06:03 AM   #4
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Welcome Montanapup,

Somthing you may want to check out. www.passportamerica.com

Happy Camping
azstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 09:02 AM   #5
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Welcome MontanaPup to the forum. You will make a lot of friends here and good advice is here just for the asking. Can't help with the dating scene for sure, After almost 30 years with the same companion I guess I am out of touch in that area, But wouldn't want it any other way! Good luck!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 02:22 PM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Sounds like you have a great rig and are all ready for the road. The forum is a fantastic source of invaluable information. These seasoned Montana men and women (as opposed to mountain men) excercise the essence of synergistic creativity in problem solving. Can't say anything about the dating scene -- haven't been there for 45 years. Here's hoping you have some great adventures to post...
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 02:29 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
MontanaPup, it just dawned on me -- you might want to look into joining Escapees. They have discounts on rv parks and a number of other benefits but the one you might be interested in is their club for single rv'ers. I forgot its name but I'm sure you can find it. It's one of the "BOF's", Birds of a Feather. Their website is http://www.escapees.com . They're definitely worth joining whether you are interested in the BOF or not.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 02:35 PM   #8
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
MontanaPup welcome to the forum. As you can already see, this is a wonderful group of caring and sharing people. Happy RVing and many happy trails.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:56 PM   #9
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome to the club.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 03:22 AM   #10
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Larry,
Welcome to the MOC forum. Sounds like you have some great plans and adventures ahead of you. As Steve suggested we find the Trailer LIfe Campground directory very helpful. We also make it a point to stop in the welcome station for each state as we enter. You can obtain a wealth of information from each welcome point, including both state parks which provide camping facilities and listings of private campgrounds. You can also order individual state or area information via the internet by searching for the state tourist information for the states you wish to explore. Best of luck in finding a travel companion. Keep us posted on your adventures.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 03:47 AM   #11
MontanaPup

M.O.C. #3198
Good Morning to All MOC members who responded to my registering and question.. THANK YOU VERY MUCH as I feel overwhelmed with some great and wonderful, caring and compassionate people to which I know now I am going to enjoy meeting and sharing various experiences and adventures!

Larry
MontanaPup
MontanaPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 04:31 AM   #12
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
This may be what you are looking for http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0937...08#reader-link
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:54 AM   #13
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new acquisitions. Sounds like you have an ambitious schedule mapped out for yourself. Keep us posted on your travels. As far as the computer dating goes, I met my current husband via the internet, so I can attest that it does work, sometimes. Happy Trails.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 02:45 AM   #14
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Larry,
Welcome! Check our the Regional category. There is a Mt. Shasta get together the end of May. I notice you are from Santa Rosa and there are other members here who came from that area. We love Santa Rosa. We stayed in Petaluma for several years while I worked for the San Rafael schools and Santa Rosa was our shopping and eating out place. Hope you can make it to the May get together. Good luck on the dating scene. I wouldn't want to be there again but have been there done that. Ed and I met at a Parents Without Partners group in our early 40's both swearing we would never marry again. After being just good friends for a while we fell in love. That was 22 years ago.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 03:46 AM   #15
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
Hope you join us in May at Mt. Shasta. If you need help finding a place to stay in southern Oregon be sure to let us know when you will be here.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 04:39 AM   #16
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
welcome! a nice book "the next exit" is also a good book to have...get it at camping world for aprox. $12. it's nice for locating a quick stop or rest area.it will also tell you walmart locations!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 05:42 AM   #17
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
MontanaPup,
Welcome aboard. If you ever get to Florida let me know.

Jeff Heiser
Merrritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote