Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2005, 10:26 AM   #1
Tall Paul
Established Member

M.O.C. #2385
Everest Factory Changes

I’ve been a lurker here for some time and somewhat of an outcast since I decide to purchase an Everest 294L. I have really learned a lot from your discussions and I believe most it will apply to the Everest (like I didn’t know that I would have 2 grey tanks until a recent discussion).

As a small form of repayment (at least that is my intent, some may think this is a form of punishment), I made a list of changes that the factory made to our Everest that were not in similar models 2-3 months ago. These may well be changes that show up (or have already shown up) on the Montanas. Most of the changes were good, but not all.

•The non-fluorescent lights and gold swivel lights in the living room have been replaced with small, intense, “can” lights (2”?). We like the gold ones better because you could point them in many directions and they could be individually turned on/off. There are 8 in the lower level and 6 in the upper level. They look very attractive, but we didn’t stay late enough to know how they do for lighting.
•Headboard has been changed, I like it better.
•Instead of the silver faucets, they are bronze – looks very nice.
•Sink sprayer now separate unit.
•Bed no longer picks up, now there is one long drawer underneath the bed.
•Nice looking dinette chairs with cushions on back as well as bottom – very comfortable.
•The fold down extension by the sink is now gone (mixed blessing)
•Open spot in cabinets over couch is now enclosed like those over the recliners.
•All glass in all cabinets are now dark, so you can’t see in them. Looks classier.
•Swinging lamp over couch gone, replaced with fixed lamp.
•“New” rear exterior with separate backup lights. We like the looks better.
•Our unit came with a Zenith DVD/CD player and Toshiba TV – they look nice and I hope they operate MUCH better than the quest unit.

I realize that a lot of this is “fluff” stuff, but we haven’t really got to look at all the structural components yet. That comes on the next inspection (dealer is installing generator, so we got to sneak in for a preview).

Your out-cast, step-child, Everest Owner

Paul

Tall Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:28 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Paul, thanks for the information. I'm glad you got information here that was helpful to you. The Everest is a good rig, I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot. Good luck with it!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 12:21 PM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Tall Paul,

Congrats on the new unit! May you have many happy days and months and years in it!

Isn't Everest a Keystone product?? That makes you a kissin cousin, and we would think not totally unwelcome here!

The first 3295 wanna be we ever saw was a Everest, and I said to Al, I WANT THAT LAYOUT IN A RIG, YOU FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET IT!

And here we are!

Enjoy your rig, interesting changes you listed!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 12:34 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Well it ain't no Montana but it is a Keystone.
So I say, "Welcome cousin Tall Paul to the MOC Family"

I personal question, Just how Tall is Tall Paul???
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:45 PM   #5
Tall Paul
Established Member

M.O.C. #2385
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Well it ain't no Montana but it is a Keystone.
So I say, "Welcome cousin Tall Paul to the MOC Family"
I personal question, Just how Tall is Tall Paul???
Well, it may not be a full Montana, but I bet 60-70% is the same (based upon the comments I see on this board and my visit at the RV shows).

As for height, I'm really not that tall (190.5 CM), it just rhymes with my name.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:34 AM   #6
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
We were seriously leaning toward an Everest when we thought we wouldn't be able to find a Montana - a Keystone product and much the same. Welcome aboard - don't be a stranger - as you've already discovered, the people here are very helpful and there's a lot of good information to be had.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 02:30 PM   #7
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Congrats, Tall Paul. We hope you enjoy the new rig and also the forum. Don't be a stranger.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 04:45 PM   #8
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I reckon you can stay. Thanks for the information. This is certainly a better place to get positive feedback as conpared to some other forums I have visited. We even encourage participation.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:50 PM   #9
Tall Paul
Established Member

M.O.C. #2385
Thanks. We love the Everest, but this group is amazing . Like I said, much of what you talk about on your Montana's, applies to our rig. For anyone curious, I've tried to add some pictures.

http://community.webshots.com/user/paul99036

Old 02-02-2005, 04:57 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Good lookin' rig, Paul. Thanks for sharing. Did you add the 6v batteries or is that a standard or optional item with Everest?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:02 AM   #11
Tall Paul
Established Member

M.O.C. #2385
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Did you add the 6v batteries or is that a standard or optional item with Everest?
It was an upgrade based upon some past discussions I read here.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:17 PM   #12
Virgil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1457
Congratulations on your purchase Paul. And as far as it not being a Montana, who cares. It looks like a great rig and I hope you enjoy it for years to come. Have fun and happy trails to you.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote