Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
The retraction

None of us are perfect neither people or companies. Depending on who you talk to, the problem lies here or there. Since I am not a judge or jurist, I am not interested in fixing absolute blame. I am interested in making repairs and getting down the road.

Everyone is trying to make that happen; my repairman, the dealer supplying the tank.....and Keystone, I am pleased to report. Using the measurements, Keystone located the correct tank and is having it sent by overnight to the dealer to be picked up and installed by the repairman. All this should conclude in the next couple of days.

Keystone's representative called me to address the issue and assure me that they would expedite the shipment of the tank at Keystone's expense. They had read my earlier post and were apologetic. Based on the circumstances, this is the best outcome possible. I am grateful to all parties concerned, especially Keystone for providing an expedited solution.

No one can promise perfection, but we can all provide correction. Keystone has certainly provided correction and hopefully so have I.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
Parts Ed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11144
Good to hear. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Parts Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Glad to here issue was solved!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Stiles, I'm glad it's starting to work out. It would have been better to have avoided this issue in the first place but alas, we can't hold our breath. I hope someone reviews this, figures out where the ball was dropped and this kind of miscommunication does not occur. Unfortunately, Murphy is alive and well in the world.

Do you know what action was missing here? Did the VIN not help because tanks are not tracked or vary too much? Should measurement and spouts always to checked since there are so many varieties? If this happens to me and the service tech just wants to rely on the VIN, what information is best for making sure the right tank is sent the first time?

Kudos for Keystone to step to the plate and expedite things.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Stiles
I'm glad it is going to all work out, no sense in looking back. Good to get the job done and move forward. Everyone makes mistake, it what they to fix their mitakes that counts.
Enjoy you future travels.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
The kind of outcome I always like to hear...and the outcome I have come to expect (and see) from Keystone. Glad that things are working out for you folks...happy trails!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
One thing you find in common on this forum. Getting Keystone involved can only make it better. There have been times they said no, but I don't think they ever made it worse.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #8
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Congratulations to Stiles and Keystone.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #9
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
In Keystone's defense, it is very expensive it maintain records on every unit they sale. Some people would like to have an electrical digram but in order to do that you haft to draw blue prints then whoever wired the camper would haft to go by them. And all that would accomplish would be to slow down wiring the unit. The worker would haft to get the blue prints out look at them and rout the wires. The process is very expensive and I know I would not wont to pay for that.
In my shop we make 10 or more products with hundreds of parts in them. We do not have a single blue print. You waste too much time fooling with them, getting them out, keeping them updated. Ask the guys we compete against, what happens when you are not productive. Oh you can't they didn't survive. You keep your cost down or you don't survive, just like Keystone is doing.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #10
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
good news!
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #11
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
Stiles, well said.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #12
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Repairman called. The tank is in his truck. Expect him here around 8:30 AM to complete the repairs. Expect to be on my way Thursday morning.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:57 AM   #13
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Lynwood,
I respectfully disagree with you on this.
In this day of electronic storage and computers with associated CAD programs, there is no reason (to me) not to be able to draw up and maintain drawings for 100s of units. There is an initial outlay of time but this could be done over a period of time by one person. This is not brain surgery, simply a skill set.
Skilled employees can be trained to refer to a computer display for wiring or any other item on the RV if needed. This is not expensive.
Relying on memory to produce your product introduces the danger of losing that knowledge if someone quits, gets fired, gets sick, etc. Additionally, there is less likelihood of producing a consistent quality product.
All this said, I do not mean to diminish good American craftsmanship seen in businesses that produce high quality products without plans, drawings, etc. It's just that it's rare to find these companies in existence still prospering.

Stiles... Yay for you and Keystone!!

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mlh

In Keystone's defense, it is very expensive it maintain records on every unit they sale. Some people would like to have an electrical digram but in order to do that you haft to draw blue prints then whoever wired the camper would haft to go by them. And all that would accomplish would be to slow down wiring the unit. The worker would haft to get the blue prints out look at them and rout the wires. The process is very expensive and I know I would not wont to pay for that.
In my shop we make 10 or more products with hundreds of parts in them. We do not have a single blue print. You waste too much time fooling with them, getting them out, keeping them updated. Ask the guys we compete against, what happens when you are not productive. Oh you can't they didn't survive. You keep your cost down or you don't survive, just like Keystone is doing.
Lynwood
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #14
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
It is great to see a company step up and take care of a situation that needed addressing. Hope the repair meets your expectations and your on the road again soon Stiles.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #15
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Lynwood,
I respectfully disagree with you on this.
I have no problem with that, none. But I have tried all of that, we had a $100,000 cad cam system, Autocad, computerized billing. We just don't need it, just slow es us down. All we use now is a $2000 Bobcad program to wright our mill programs. All the information we need to produce the parts for our products is stored in the CNC programs. While our competitors were drawings blueprints updating them were were making parts and now we have no one to compete with. We plain to keep it that way by making the best ammunition reloading and related equipment in the world at the lowest prices. We sell products the world over. I,m still amazed that people from Russia China Africa Australia Greenland Iceland and every where else, alomg with all 50 states find us.WOW
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote