Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
okierver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11127
satellite hook up

Need help with sat. hook up in monty. ozz. took reciever from bedroom and pluged in how do i hook up the reciever to sat. line, and tv and what channel do i get so i can see the system menu so we can lock the signal.. thanks

okierver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Gosh, I am not shure what type sat. is it and how is your system set up. Mine was set up by Direct Tv, I just hope I can figure it out.
Let us know what your systems are, and some nice Monte Forum Peep will come and bail us out. It is easier when they have the same system as you have.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Normally channel three or four are the output channels for your Satellite receiver.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
okierver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11127
yes sorry we have dish network at home and thats what we are using a small dish satellite outsid, and the dishnetwork reciever from the house
Old 05-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Is the receiver a single port or a dual port? The primary channel is 3 or 4 and the second port is channel 60. Or you can avoid the coax and use RCA cables from the receiver to the TV. This is the red/white/yellow audio/video cable which is then connected them to a audio/video port on the television. Then tune your TV to that video channel.

If this is all sounding Greek, contact someone close by and have them help you - it might cost you some beverage or snack for their help, because there can be quite a bit to this - tapping into wires, putting the receiver in the correct connector, turning off the booster, etc, etc, and if you aren't familiar with the channel, you might need more help than just picking the correct channel.

If you've never done this before let me know and I can give you my phone number and walk you through what you need and how to hook it all up. I have a pretty complicated setup at home and then have a different complicated setup for the rig. It can get tricky if you aren't familiar.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
To get the direction from were you are use this website.
http://www.dishpointer.com/
If your receiver is HD use a HDMI cable to hook receiver to the TV or the RCA cables. There should be a opition button on the remote and with that you should be able find the set up for the dish.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
See... good people
Old 05-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #8
okierver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11127
as alway's
well we hooked up everything and i got the screen for the satelite and entered and couldnt get a signal strenth to change no matter what we did. so braought reciever back into house and now the thing wont work on house tv. dish network coming out tomorrow to fix the living room. but got a bonus.. the service is free and the single reciever in the daughters room is being upgraded free. so that reciever can go to the monty and ill have the service guy go thru everything to hook up and check out on the monty to..
Old 05-27-2011, 01:05 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good deal! Yep, it is good to have the service guys set it up, so many ways for us end-users to have one little thing wrong, seems simple when you know all the answers.. You will be a pro at it after a few set-ups.
Have fun with it.