Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
flyerone
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5263
Dealer recommendation

Does anybody recommend a Montana dealer in Northern California? I'm looking at the 3100RL, Cousin Gary's in Redding wont even return my calls.

flyerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
We used Folsom Lake RV in Rancho Cordova, just of Hwy 50 @ Sunrise. Sale and service was a postive experience. http://www.folsomlakerv.com/
Can't remember our salesmans name but Charles, the owner was very much invloved with our transaction.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
Brad was the name of our salesman at Folsom Lake RV. He, Charles, the service department and the whole experience were great. We (Brenkco and I) would be happy to deal with them again.....if we ever get brave enough to walk into another RV dealership.....you know what THAT leads to!!
I should also mention that we went out of our area to Folsom Lake because we were less than satisfied with the local Montana dealer. The drive to Folsom was well worth it.
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Folsom RV are also members of the MOC.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
Folsom RV also has a pretty nice pieces/parts sales area. They were able to get me pantry shelves when no one else could.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Jim,

Yes, Folsom Lake RV is a member of MOC & there is a story behind it. When we bought our 2nd Monte from them, we told them about MOC. One of the major selling points for us in purchasing an RV was MOC and the support we receive from all the members. It was and still is my impression that this group has significant influence with Keystone. When discussing this with Folsom Lake RV, I told them if they really wanted to know what was going on with the product they were selling, join MOC. Apparently they did!

Ken
Old 03-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Flyerone,

We ordered a new 3100RL a few weeks ago from Folsom Lake RV and were notified this afternoon that it arrived today. So, we're trying to get the PDI scheduled for this Thursday or Friday, take delivery if all systems check out, and head to Jackson for the MOC Rally. I'll post back after the PDI the results of our experience with the dealership.

Don
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #8
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Don & Claudia,
How exciting, perhaps your shake down @ the rally!

Looking forward to seeing you,

Ken & Marilyn
Old 03-30-2011, 05:04 AM   #9
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by flyerone

Does anybody recommend a Montana dealer in Northern California? I'm looking at the 3100RL, Cousin Gary's in Redding wont even return my calls.
Don't know anything about "Cousin Gary's," but it always amazes me when some businesses show such complete lack of understanding of customer service...they expect those bucks to roll in without having to do anything to earn them???????
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:06 AM   #10
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Searchers

Flyerone,

We ordered a new 3100RL a few weeks ago from Folsom Lake RV and were notified this afternoon that it arrived today. So, we're trying to get the PDI scheduled for this Thursday or Friday, take delivery if all systems check out, and head to Jackson for the MOC Rally. I'll post back after the PDI the results of our experience with the dealership.

Don
Congratulations! Hope your new Montana serves you well!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:28 AM   #11
flyerone
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5263
I will get in touch with Folsom Lake RV, they sound like a good dealer.
Don, let me know how you like your 3100RL, I haven't seen one yet but like the enclosed bathroom.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:48 AM   #12
Tom_Holsinger
Established Member

M.O.C. #10492
Don's RV in Ceres, California, 75 miles south of Sacramento on Highway 99. Its service department is so good that, when people sue their own dealer for botched service, mediators and arbitrators settle the lawsuits by getting both sides to agree that Don's RV do all the repairs.
Tom_Holsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #13
flyerone
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5263
Thank you for the recommendation, I contacted Folsom Lake RV and got a very nice phone call promising some numbers this morning. I received an email at 4:00 this afternoon saying that I had negative equity in my trade and would have to make a down payment if I wanted a new trailer. They didn't email me any numbers on my trade or the price of the new trailer, Maybe I am old school but I would like to see numbers! This is how I ended up with negative equity, I didn't know any better the first time. We will see what reply I get but I guess I'm stuck with my old Mountaineer for now.