Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2010, 08:52 AM   #1
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
What to eat!

For *those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. *It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies. **

1. The Japanese eat very little fat*and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat*and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine*and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine*and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.**

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans..
CONCLUSION:*Eat and drink what you like.*Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

HamRad

HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
drsmart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10690
drsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Sacre bleu!!!!!
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Must be a take off from a slogan written on the wall in the messhall when I first went into the service: "Take all you want, but eat all you take." That reminds me, I'm hungry....
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
¿como?

This "Tex-Mex" had to learn a lot of English to stay in this country back when living in the U.S. meant you had to do your best to be an "American" including speaking English. And now my health is shot.

I think it's sad that we think the Freedom provided by Americans and for Americans means you don't have to do that anymore. I was doing a whole lot better eating the "good" frijoles, tortillas, carnitas and the like. Then when DW learned "in English" that all this stuff was bad for you and then converted me to tasteless, non-fat, unsalted, unsugared foods and my health plunged, all this time I should have stopped speaking English? Who woulda known?

That was a good one HamRad! I move and second that you are now part Mexican (aren't you in Bakersfield? That's close enough). May your health now get better and we can share some Wine and Cerveza over this. ¿Esta Bien?
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Art,
Gracias. I was born in TX. Early childhood grew up in Eastern AZ. Rest of life so far has been CA. Mostly around the Bakersfield area. Let's just say that I've certainly eaten more than my share of Mexican Food. Much earlier in my life we didn't eat Mexican food.... It was called Spanish! Times change.

Guess I'll have to bone up on my Spanish! Of course you note that they do not say which country has the longevity record. I believe it is one of the Nordic countries. But I don't think I could ever learn any of those languages. So I'll just stick with what I've got now.

I don't know where the thing came from my brother just forwarded it to me. I've seen it floating around the internet for a few years.

Eat and travel safely. Adios, Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Number 4 is whats keeping me alive. As a matter of fact as I sit here I am on my 3rd #4.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:31 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Estoy aprendiendo a hablar tex-mex para que yo pueda vivir más tiempo.

{I am learning to speak Tex-Mex so I can live longer)

Wait for it.

Maybe I'll just stay away from the Tex-Mex border.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote