Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
TV Warrenty

Good Morning All I'm currently checking into extented warranty for my 07 Dodge. A company is bugging me by phone, that I checked out on line. I would like to know if any of you have heard of them or have used them? Its called Access Warrenty.

randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:26 AM   #2
sfish
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10234
I would check with my local dealer first. If there is a problem you have someone to talk too in person .There have been alot of aftermarket warranty companies that have gone out of business.I would also read the fine print on the contract to make sure all the components you think are covered are covered.I would also ask about deductables how much etc.There is a 100% markup in the retail price of most contracts so dont pay the asking price.Most dealers will negotiate on the price.If not try another dealer.
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #3
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Sfish That is sound advice, but if I get one from the Dodge dealer we travel every 5 1/2 months and will be in a different dealer area, will they cover it? Is it goin to be the same as some are having trouble with having the Montie fixed, some dealers are saying we only service it if you bought it here.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
We have had only one Dodge, and that was a long, long time ago, so do not remember what their coverage policy was. However, our Ford ESP is supposed to be honored at any Ford dealership. Even if that is the case with the Dodge version of an ESP, the level of service/competence will probably not be the same at every Dodge dealer. Unless it is an emergency, you will do well to "shop" around wherever you are at for the best service. Good luck in your search for peace of mind...we would not have a vehicle without an ESP (just a personal choice).
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
CmdrDewey
Montana Master

M.O.C. #433
The mere fact that they are bugging you by phone should be reason enough to hang up on them. High pressure usually means bad quality or worse. (40 years practicing law)
CmdrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I am one who has believed in extended warranties simply because the manufacturers are admitting that their product doesn't hold up like the products sold back in the days when we ordered from the Sears catalog. For those of you who remember, Sears sold products that were Good, Better, and Best. And you could rely upon their products. My mother used to dress us kids with purchases through the catalog. Appliances and tools were gotten through the catalog. I don't remember at any time that my mother complained about any product she purchased through the catalog.

Having said that, my advice, for what it's worth, is get your extended warranty through your dealer. I have friends who didn't want to buy from their dealer because it was too costly. So they purchased extended warranties from "Extended Warranty" companies. All they got out of it was "That's not covered" or the company was out of business.

There is only one "extended warranty" plan that I have that is not through a dealer and that is Good Sam's Continuing Service Plan for our Montana. It works!

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Check your dealer for a manufacturers warranty like the Ford ESP plan.They may be expensive but so is a major or not so major failure of your TV. We are firm believers in warranty plans particularly these days when we all complain about poor quality. We have warranties on every major appliance, Truck and 5th wheel. We are way ahead of the game. Just got a new microwave from sears that cost more than we paid for the warranty.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:50 AM   #8
sfish
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10234
The manufacturers extended warranty plan pays the dealer the the same labor rate as you would as a paying customer and they get the money added to their parts account as soon they submit the claim.No worry about bad funds etc.The way things are in the auto industry today the dealers wouldnt be there if it wasnt for their service revenue.If the dealer gives you a hard time call the 800 number on the back of the contract and Iam sure you will be taken care of.I doubt it will be a problem.
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote