Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Graduated

Well now, Dianna and I graduated from Escapees Boot Camp. It was an information and training class covering the basic systems and maintenance of your RV. It also covered driving tips (from a classroom perspective), fire and escape, and tire and weight safety. This is a great class for newbies and wanabees especially. All together, it was a good experience for us even though we have been full timing for 2 years. It reinforced much that we had learned on the MOC and reminded us of some maintenance issues that we need to address.

It demonstrated to me how good the Montana Owners Forum really is. The forum covers many things more extensively than this boot camp. All the instructors were thumbs up on the tire monitors with in-cab readouts, but had just recently purchased them for their own rigs. Two of them use Pressure Pro and the other two did not specify.

Nothing was said about triangulation stabilizers, such as JT Stabilizers or those from Plug-it-right. There were other upgrades we espouse here were not addressed.

Escapees are a great group of folks. The rally is well organized. It needs to be because there are over 1,000 rigs in this campground attending this rally. This is the thirtieth birthday of Escapees. At their first rally, they had 12 rigs.

I have seen many Montanas and am trying to meet as many as possible to invite them to the MOC.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:24 AM   #2
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Go get'em Stiles! A missionary for MOC! Sounds like the rally was a "good thing". Don't forget to re-stock the Awesome. Bob
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:24 AM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Yes Stiles, that Boot Camp turns out to be a good idea for a lot of RVers, newbies, part timers, and full timers. I had my part in one of the Boot Camps in Goshen, demonstrating how and how not to hook-up and unhook from a 5th wheel. Of course I did it with my TrailerSaver hitch so I had to talk my way through use of a Reese or Drawtite. At that time there was not anything being side about the slider hitches being used in the short box trucks.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Hey, Stiles, I understand you met my cousin and his lovely bride at the boot camp. I know Ron and Polly appreciated your attempt to help them with the water situation, as do I. Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote