Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2008, 06:57 AM   #41
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
I agree that those who have been on here for a long time, and have "thousands of posts" are the ones who have been here almost since the beginning. They are the ones that have the most experience and we should all feel very lucky that they still take the time to help the newest members out. As far as staying on topic or getting off topic, why does this cause so much controversy. All Stiles was suggesting was that we use common sense and try individually to stay on topic, knowing that it probably will still happen occasionally. It is out of consideration primarily for new people who ask a question and it never gets answered. And yes that does sometimes happen. To suggest that it has to be "policed" is just not what this is about. I'm sure we are all going to get off topic occasionally, no matter how hard we try not to. That is human nature.

TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:36 AM   #42
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
I know I have to much time on my hands. But I worked many years to be able to do this. I read MOC several times a day, and believe me I love reading the post, and there is no doubt in my mind I learn something everyday, So Thanks Steve, stiles watson, and all you OLD TIMERS, and I will try to stay on topic when I post. But sometimes I forget what the topic is or was. Life is good... Thanks MOC for being there... GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:43 AM   #43
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I didn't mean to imply I should have any automatic respect because of my number of posts or years of experience. In reality, there are many here with far more experience than I. There are many here with far more knowledge than I. In reality, I have learned an awful lot from this forum and hope that by passing on that knowledge I learned here, when I can, that it will, in turn, help others.

I guess I did blast the poor guy who made the comment that set me off. I just felt it was uncalled for. And it was the second thread in which I saw he made the same comment. Right or wrong, that's how I felt. And I'm sure I have said things that made others feel that same way about my comments. Now that that is off my chest, let's move forward.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:56 AM   #44
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

I didn't mean to imply I should have any automatic respect because of my number of posts or years of experience. In reality, there are many here with far more experience than I. There are many here with far more knowledge than I. In reality, I have learned an awful lot from this forum and hope that by passing on that knowledge I learned here, when I can, that it will, in turn, help others.

I guess I did blast the poor guy who made the comment that set me off. I just felt it was uncalled for. And it was the second thread in which I saw he made the same comment. Right or wrong, that's how I felt. And I'm sure I have said things that made others feel that same way about my comments. Now that that is off my chest, let's move forward.
Thank heavens a lot of the posters here do post a lot. I have leanred so much here and Steve, you are one of the good guys and most helpful so thanks.
Jim Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:47 AM   #45
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
If we really, really need one:

(Off Topic cartoon removed at request of moderator.)
Isn't it ugly?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:07 AM   #46
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
The off topic frownie is probably posted to be funny. That is fine. Understand that posting something like this to tell someone they went off topic will not be tolerated.

Threads sometimes go off topic. This is NOT a questions and answers only forum. Going off topic is acceptable on THIS forum as long as the original question gets answered also in the thread. MOC has existed with warm feelings for several years and threads have gone off topic many times. We do not wish to change that.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote