Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2007, 08:02 AM   #21
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Glad that you were successful, Dave, in finding a storage place. I might say that the snow isn't as bad as it used to be when they tied a rope from the house to the barn so they wouldn't get lost. You probably won't even need a rope!

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:36 AM   #22
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Now we just get 12-14 inches in March as it's getting warmer and warmer. For those of you living in Iowa this year it's been very strange as well. We in north west IA had 8 weeks with no rain at all over late June thru early August. Then we got some rain and now today is the first time I have sen the sun in nearly a week. We are setting new precipitation records with every drop of moisture we get from here on out as this is the wettest year on record in this area. Live here long enough you will understand.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:51 PM   #23
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Ron, send some of that rain down here to Alabama. We're in a drought.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #24
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Let us know when the big move is Dave and we will see what we can do to help the process. We get a weekend off every now and then.

Judy, It's so bad even the farmers are complaining. That speaks for itself.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:22 PM   #25
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Ron,
I think I am going to be leaving Spokane on Saturday the 27th and into Rapid City, SD on the morning of the 28th. Planning on staying in Rapid to catch up on a few loose ends there before heading to Joliet, IL on the 30th. I should be into Cedar Falls on Nov 3 or 4 as I start work on the 5th. I will be sure to wave as I head on down I-29 to the 680 bypass. =)

Judy,
I am not sure if Iowa could get any worse than the winters in the Black Hills of South Dakota... I still remember growing up in the hills and we could have as much as 16" over night. If Iowa does get bad, I will just make tracks to your house to thaw out.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:53 AM   #26
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Dave, you know your always welcome.

Glen drove through the local historical park, Fort Toulouse, and they've fixed up the campground there which is close to us and the Walmart store!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:29 AM   #27
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Dave, we had 37" of snow in Duluth on Halloween.. I went to work on friday and couldn't leave there until sunday night...
Sometimes you can't alway's get home... But those are the good times that we talk about.

Not too long ago we were on our way home from Florida in April and had to stay in Des Moines because of the rain turning to ice... Spent the night there and got as far as Boondock IA when it was snowing so hard that we couldn't see a thing.. We got off the freeway and into a restaurant at the gas station there... It was only 10:30 am but we asked if there was a motel close by that we could atay at and they said yes.. Turn right and go 50 yards and there it is.... We couldn't even see it...We still laugh about that. We checked into the motel and waited until about 4:00 when they opened the roads again and made it back to Minneapolis that night... That was before retirement and it was important to get home.. But guess what? There are still several million that live in that beautiful area and know that it is worth the few times like that.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:39 AM   #28
mamashappy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7633
i must admit i am looking forward to a few (notice i said few) of those days when you cant see the neighbors grove of trees and the road is impassable and the drifts change shape as the days goes by. just a few .... but today si a beautiful day here. sunshine, blue sky and a tang of fall in the air. that last mowing is done, and yes, the rain was a daily event here in the past week, and the farmers WERE actually wanting it to stop so the last of the corn and soybeans can dry and come out. time to go camping ...
mamashappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:21 PM   #29
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
It sounds like I have many wonderful things to look forward to in the upcoming months. For the moment, lets just hope for great weather next weekend as I have 3 good size mountains to climb before I get out of Washington, Idaho and Montana. =)

Helen,
Believe me, I will NOT be calling you this winter. I know it will make you very happy to tell me just how warm it is down in FL. =) J/K...

Ronda,
How far are you from Cedar Falls?
Old 10-20-2007, 02:19 PM   #30
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Ah Dave, don't boycott me. You know I will be happy to hear from you and would never laugh....

Luv ya,
Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:24 PM   #31
mamashappy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7633
3 mountains! now, i am jealous. having traveled thru those mountains, it is a benefit to have good weather , and there is already some snow in them thar mountains. so we pray for good weather and sunshine as you travel down I-90. we live in the NW corner of the state, about 4-5 hours from Cedar Falls, pretty much straight west of Cedar Falls as the crow flies.
mamashappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:53 AM   #32
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
OK. Dave. For your info, east of Cedar Falls on hi-way 20 is Manchester and the Delaware Co. fair grounds and a excellent storage place. We used it for years. Since we retired and go to TX for the winter we no longer need it but would recommend that you check it out. Hi way 20 is four lane to Manchester.Also would recommend that down 380 to Hiawatha Ia is Kettelsen's which is a very good Montana dealer. I live in Cedar Rapids so we are not very far apart. Hope this helps you out.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:16 PM   #33
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
hazmic,

Thank you for the heads up on the Delaware Co. Fairgrounds. I have found a place in the Chicagoland area for this winter, but will be sure to check with them about storage next year. I talked with Kettelsen's on the phone the other day, so far they seem like a very friendly place to do business with.

Thanks again,
Dave