Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #1
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
3585SA who has one

we are looking at a 3585SA and wonder if anyone has it or if we will see the 08 unit at the falll rally ,, we like the bath and the slide out computer tray is big enough for me but a nice kit and big liv and a full bath . so i can sit and think in the am john

sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:01 PM   #2
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
We just bought a 3585SA, but won't pick it up until next week, so I guess at this time all I can tell you is why we chose that plan instead of telling you how we like using it! Several things made the choice simple for us. First, we'd lived for over a year in another 5th-wheeler while our home in Lago Vista, Texas, was being built. That experience, as pleasant as it was, gave us a good idea of what we wanted (a separate shower/sink/toilet area) and didn't want (low ceiling in the bedroom) when we bought a new 5th-wheeler. Another thing that helped was that my brother just bought a Montana 3000RK which has the shower and sink in the bedroom, which he loves, but we didn't think we'd like that set-up. We spent the night in his rig, going through our normal routines such as my habit of going to bed early to read, and experiencing my husband showering much later while I wanted peace and quiet, and knew that we would not like that bedroom/shower/sink plan. For some people, it's a trade-off; they like the extra room that the open shower plans offer, but we didn't feel that the little bit of extra room was worth giving up a totally private bathroom. That eliminated the majority of Montana 5th-wheeler plans. We spent hours and hours looking at the 3585SA units on our dealer's lot, going through the motions of cooking, watching TV, working on the computer, reading in bed, etc., and knew without a doubt that the 3585SA was perfect for our lifestyle. Then the only choice we had to make was whether to go with the 2007 decor or 2008 decor. We preferred the '07 colors (Venetian Gold), so that's the unit we bought. Because we'll be "homeless" after August 9th (sold our home and haven't started the new one yet), we're going to live in our 3585SA for at least 4 - 6 months, and we're confident we have the best floorplan for that, too. (It's also well-arranged to be home for our two Australian shepherds and cat-who-rules-the-dogs for the duration!)
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:38 AM   #3
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Thanks for trhe info as we are just thinking as we have a 06 3000RK and is in very good shape but what size tv are you using as the 3585 is 300 or 400 lbvs liter on the hitch but 1000 lbs heaver john
Old 08-06-2007, 06:16 AM   #4
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
There's a 27" LCD HD TV in the living room and a 19" TV in the bedroom. We are going to tow it with a Ford F-350 crew cab diesel, long bed, which should be more than adequate for the weight and length. My brother, the 2007 3000RK owner, towed his rig with an F-250 one time and decided that he needed to get a bigger truck immediately, which he did. He's now pulling that 3000RK with a Ford F-350 crew cab diesel.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:35 PM   #5
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Love that model, want one bad! I think you'll love it. I would think one would be at the rally, but you never know, they always seem to have new surprises for us.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:21 PM   #6
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
I've had a lot of friends look at the Montana brochure I have, which happens to have some great shots of the 3585SA with the Venetian Gold interior, and they all want an invitation to the "rig warming." (I'm still having a hard time getting past the "gold" in the "Venetian Gold" name of that interior. It surely looks a lot more green than gold to me, which is great because green is what we wanted.) Hard to believe--or maybe it isn't--that the 3585SA has more room than did the high-dollar apartment my husband and I rented in Austin, Texas for a year in 2001. As soon as we can get a road cut through the sagebrush on our land and have a temporary pad graded, we'll pick up our 3585SA and move into it. The builder better get our house going quickly, because I know without a doubt that we're going to get mighty comfortable in that rig, and having a house to worry about again isn't going to be very appealing.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:30 AM   #7
dannykaren
Established Member

M.O.C. #7076
We bought a 3585SA in March. We love it. It has so much room and that was what we were looking for as we sold our house and live in it fulltime. We only looked at 5th wheels that the commode, shower and sink were in one room. It just makes me feel like I am in a house. The shower is big enough. Danny is 6'4 and he hasn't had any problems getting in and out of the shower. One of the best things about the 5th wheel is that we can run the shower the whole time we are showering and never run out of hot water. Danny took the hand held shower head down and installed a regular shower head which we like much better. We bought ours without the 2nd ac, fireplace and washer/dryer. We have since added the washer/dryer and 2ac. I love the washer/dryer. Since Danny works and I am home all day it is no problem to wash a load a day. Sure beats going to the laundry. Since we are in Amarillo TX, and it is very warm here, we needed the 2nd ac in the bedroom. We have enjoyed it very much. We have plans to add the fireplace in the next month or so. The basement storage is great. You can put so much stuff in there with room to spare.
dannykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:34 PM   #8
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
John and Sharon We my DW and myself sold our house in May 07 and purchased the 3485SA montie, moved in the 17th of the same month. We stayed in our local RV CG. for six weeks until I purchased a 07 Dodge Diesel Quad cab. Its a 1 ton with the 6.7 Cummins and Tow haul and Exhust brake. We headed to Olympia Wa. We took a job with Lost Lake RV Resort. My wife was the one that picked this model for much of the same reasons that you folks did. We love our montie and we are very happy with it. The only problem we have had is the Day & Night Shades seem to fight us going down, the one over the dinning table has balled up two or three times, and now a couple more have had the same problem. We think we will buy venitian blinds to replace them. I think you will be more that comfortable with it. We also love the king size bed, if we had of known how much more room there is we would have had one much sooner. Yours Randye
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #9
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Randye did you buy a 3485 or a 3585 as we are looking at the 3585 with the rear kit and full bath john
Old 08-12-2007, 02:54 PM   #10
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sailer

Randye did you buy a 3485 or a 3585 as we are looking at the 3585 with the rear kit and full bath john
We have the 3485SA has the rear bedroom, full bath in same room.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote