Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2007, 10:37 AM   #1
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Re: Observations...

Okay, I have a few things I need to adjust to. I leaned over the bathroom sink this morning...and almost took out my eye on the faucet..LOL My old TT had dual faucets, not the single handle like in here. Beware of that long handle...LOL

Then I came out to the living room, put my knee on one of the dining room chairs so I could lean over to lift the blinds...slammed my head on the overhead cabinets. Not used to those either.

So, lets review shall we?...LOL Once I get over the flu symptoms and fumes from the carpeting, don't bend down to rinse after brushing, and duck when working around the LR slideouts...I'll be used to the new 5er!! My mom always used to say that I was hard headed...but I really don't want to keep testing that theory!!

I do however truly love this space. It feels more and more like home every day...:-)

Jan

Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
hahahaha!

Yeppers - most of my receding hairline is a direct result of leaving hair and flesh on the bedroom slide evertime I go to drain the tanks. Most of my nose is gone and glasses broke as a result of mis-judging just how big those basement doors are when I release the latch to let them down.

Now you got me worried about my eyeballs with those new faucets.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Jan

You just have to look on the bright side-its proably never going to happen to you again.

be careful while outside with the slides.I`ve hit them with my head.So far i`ve been lucky and haven`t had a close encounter YET with the king pin.

I have a old football helmet your more then welcome to have(lol)
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #4
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
Jan

also look out for that step down by door. I have spilled out that door twice.. (one would think once was enough. Actually was standing sideways in front of door and turned to open the door and my foot stepped on the edge of the recessed step and out i went.

ken
keham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:49 AM   #5
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
I have three pieces of pipe foam, with the long axis slit open, that I put over the two corners of the bedroom slide (hanging down a few inches) and on the front of the pin box.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:49 AM   #6
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
off topic question just noticed this it's 5:47 pm here but the post said 6:47pm . So question is why the diff??

I should know this but Brain F*** time.

ken
Old 01-24-2007, 11:54 AM   #7
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
OUCH!!! It's SO nice to see that I'm not alone with my battle scars...LOL I even bought one of those floating thingies to put around the edges of the slideout so I wouldn't hit my head out there. I've read LOTS of stories from many of you on here about that one...LOL But, I JUST fit underneath it, so that's a relief. Although I guess if I was on a hilly type surface it could still get me. This could turn out to be one extremely funny thread if everyone tells their stories...LOL Thanks for letting me know I've got company. Hmmm the football helmet may come in handy Harleyrider...LOL

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #8
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Come on - didn't the Salesman have you sign a release form that RV'ng could be hazardous to your health?
I look for the Govn't to step in here any time now and start imposing some OSHA type laws to RV's so we will be safer.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:08 PM   #9
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
Indy Hush now! don't need no #$%#@@*& rules, ya know.

ken
Old 01-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #10
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by keham

off topic question just noticed this it's 5:47 pm here but the post said 6:47pm . So question is why the diff??

I should know this but Brain F*** time.

ken
Think all posts are EST time zone, Ken
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #11
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
AH Thanks dsprik. I knew that I really did yep It was in the brain somewhere and you poped it right out

ken
Old 01-25-2007, 09:56 AM   #12
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
My poor head usually has a scab on the top and back of it as I am always forgetting to duck or raise up slowly. (my DW says I need to slow down). After about tearing my shoulder and head off a couple of times, I was in the Dollar Store one day and saw a "Noodle". This is a piece of styrofoam that, mainly kids, use in the pool. I cut it in four pieces and then slit them open and applied them to our front slide. One piece across the bottom and up the side of each corner. Now all I have to do is remember to put them on the very first thing in the process of setting the unit up. You know, "CRS". I would like to see more of this while I am out there. Give your head and shoulder a break.
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:25 AM   #13
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Our 3685 I think with the LR in the front it was higher.I didnt hit it to much, the new 3400 the front is lower I hit it all the time I have CRS and with the control Ctr there I run into it more, Need to pad the corners but I CRS so I forget to do it till I hit it again LOL. Saved from the King pin I have a tripod.
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:35 AM   #14
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I just use the gray (cheap) pipe foam insulators found at any hdwr store - 48". Already split. Good protection - from much experience (I know I'm not alone there) - and doesn't look as stupid going down the road pinned into your slide(s) because you forget them on your checklist.

It's much easier to explain smaller gray foam on the retracted slide as a "new mod" to someone, rather than everyone seeing the blaze orange and/or neon yellow on the side of your Montana on the interstate, and knowing for sure what happened....

What??? Am I the only one who's done that??? Drats...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:47 PM   #15
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ken
Falling down that step seems likely, however, I fell UP it. Went out to the Monty last week, haven't been there for a few weeks. Climbed the three outside steps and fell flat on my face inside the door! We have had this unit over 2 years and you would think I'd know that steps was there. No one was looking!
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote