Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote from Stiles......

I was just searching the forums and ran across this post from Stiles, hope you don't mind me sharing your thoughts again?? It was in response to someone who was facing the decision whether to fulltime with a disability:

"I am not medically retired, just retired. I do have what seems to be an incurable condition that may, at some point, contribute to my demise. This is my take on these declining years and the ever increasing limitations imposed upon me. Since we all will die at some point, it seems to me we have a choice. We can live until we die or spend our time dying until it is done. As for me, I plan to squeeze out all the life I have in living until it is over. That means different things to different folks."

I thought this was a very motivational post!! With my physical limitations I get the feeling sorry for myself attitude once in a while, and this brings it all into perspective.

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:19 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Thanks, seahunter, I am glad this post is helpful to you. I think pain and/or difficulty discourages each of us on occasion. When it does, it is good to look at a compass to re-orient us lest we get lost. Well wishes going forward.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
Well said. Thanks
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Loved your quote Stiles! And so very true for all of us.

How are you Stiles and Dianna? Have not seen you in ever so long time.
I remember seeing you two in Branson at a Montana Rally. One of the most embarrassing moments in my life. But don't think you all witnessed it... Don and I were walking to your trailer to say Hello since we both were some of the first ones there. It had rained. Remember the decks we all had on our sites with the picnic tables? We had just got onto your deck, I slipped on the deck and slid under your picnic table. I was completely wet on my backside. Not hurt but my dignity was injured.
I declined to sit inside your trailer because I was wet and had leaves stuck to me. Which I had tried to remove before we got inside.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Thanks for posting this Seahunter. Please allow my addition. Well said Stiles. 9+ years ago I was told I had 90 days to 5 yrs. I decided to live them to the best of my ability. Last year my Oncologist told me that she could find no cancer , so go and enjoy. I have some opinion that refusing to stop and not worrying about my problem has been good medicine. Everyday is a gift and I intend to look for the joy in it. Good things come from great expectations. Never ever give up ! Always seek the joy of just living to the fullest of your ability. Life is fuller in the overcoming .... Yes I've had bad days .... The next day I refuse to look back .... Yes we have limitations.... For me , I will let the good , positive , full , life of this day be sufficient for itself. I pray you and yours the very best . Often I have read your posts and been inspired. Press on never look back, reach for all you are able ....you'll like yourself better. Larry
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Good words and inspiration for me at this time also. Thank you both....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote