Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2010, 05:12 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Replacement Graphics Again - Bane or Blessing?

There were several MOCers at the Northeast rally who witnessed and supervised my application of the Montana wording graphics on the front of our rig that were peeling and replaced under warranty by Burlington Graphics. My sharp-eyed DW then noticed after we had returned home that an entire side panel scene was also peeling (Bane of graphics!!). I immediately e-mailed Kristen and was in turn referred to the newly configured ordering procedure on the Burlington web-site. So about seven weeks ago, I entered the graphics and requested pricing for hte ones that I was hoping to have replaced (and asked about warranty just in case I got blessed again). I received an immediate e-mail that I would get an e-mail back in 5-7 days. Six weeks later, had not received any response so I e-mailed Kristen again wondering what I had done wrong where I never received a response. I had specifically asked for pricing information since the rig was manufactured in November of 2006 and I was not sure about the warranty period (to this day I am still not sure about the warranty period and have seen several conflicting statements here on the MOC). Regardless, this morning I received an e-mail from Kristen stating that the graphics order I had inquired about had been placed and would be sent in 4-6 weeks at no charge!! (Blessing from Burlington Graphics) Now, even though I again have to go through the replacement process, at least I now have experience and am fortunate to be young enough where it is a task that I can handle. Particularly after receiving such an unexpected blessing from Kristen and Burlington Graphics. To clarify the "young" statement, those who know me are aware that in December, I turned 29 for the 22nd time. That is my story and I am sticking to it and no one can convice me otherwise!!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:27 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Bingo, I’ve tried to remain somewhat tame on here concerning how Burlington’s service and responses have been. After working and talking with 3 different representatives, of which one had quit and later finding that out; I have now recently received the correct graphics for our Montana. I received them about 2-3 weeks ago and have now got them on. I will brag on how they seemed to have a reasonable price and will at least work with you on problems that you may have. Remain patient and you shouldn’t have any problems getting what you want. Since they have set up the web site it seems to be the best way to get replacement graphics.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
I had to order the front graphics and almost all on the driver side. Kristeen responded to me in a couple of days. She also told me that the graphics would be at no charge. She said I should have the graphics in about 4-6 weeks. This was several weeks ago so they should be here before we go to Goshen.
Bingo, since Milton is our stop over we could stay a couple of days and you can replace mine now that you are an expert.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
George,
If it was on a weekend, I would jump right in and get-er-dun!! If I remember correctly, you will be near the shores of Sandusky for the weekend, so I unfortunately will not have the opportunity. Maybe we should plan a new activity for the Mid-Atlantic rally, (community replacement graphics day??)
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #5
pvcoach
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5424
Bingo - What a great suggestion! Maybe you could get Kristen or another Burlington Graphics representative attend our rally? Our front graphics are peeling away and I planned on discussing this with the rest of the MOCers in a couple of weeks in Hillsville.

2022 Montana 3781, 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD
pvcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:04 PM   #6
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
I am still waiting for a response from Burlington Graphics. I have tried to contact them twice, this last time I filled out the order form and have still not heard from them. Some of you might be happy with them but I am not at this time.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #7
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Have now sent 3 e-mails to Burlington, one snail mail letter with photos of peeling graphics, and submitted the order form for graphics on the Burlington web site. As of today, I haven't had a response from anyone.

Meanwhile, the graphics on all sides continue to crack and peel. I'm going to CALL Burlington tomorrow to see if I can get some help.
Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:39 AM   #8
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
We are having problems with our nose garphics as well. Husbands solution....take them off and not replace. So when you see a naked nose Montana you will know who it is. He figures time to put on, and then what is to prevent from peeling again. We cleaned nose real good then applied a good coat of wax and you can barely tell it was ever there.
dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #9
flstf
Established Member

M.O.C. #6549
A word of appreciation to Burlington....two weeks ago I requested a quote from their website on the front "montana" graphic. Ours is a 2007 Montana Mountaineer 342 PHT made purchased new in Nov 2006. They didnt send me a quote...but today UPS dropped off our graphic, again two weeks after I requested a quote (and at no charge). I am shocked and said a word of thanks to a company that portrayed, at least to me, the golden rule. Good luck Bingo.
take care,
Joe
flstf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #10
Orion
Established Member

M.O.C. #6825
Our front graphics are now peeling off and a couple side ones - I did contact Burlington Graphics - they told me I would have to order them on line and there would be no charge - thank you thank you
as for putting them on - we will have to find someone to do this - I put some graphics on our pickup and said never again (with a few more words than that) anyway. actually having a get together to replace graphics at the rally sounds like a good idea - it seems like there is enough of us that need it done
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #11
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Orion,
Come to the Fall Rally with your graphics and I guarantee they will get installed.
Jim
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #12
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
When we were dealing on the new 3150rl the dealer before looking at our 2980 to determine trade-in asked if the graphics were peeling. NO. Clearly he knew there was a problem. What with all the problems I read here, why is Keystone still dealing with Burlington Graphics? Also, thank the angels for looking out for our graphics.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #13
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dandt

We are having problems with our nose garphics as well. Husbands solution....take them off and not replace. So when you see a naked nose Montana you will know who it is. He figures time to put on, and then what is to prevent from peeling again. We cleaned nose real good then applied a good coat of wax and you can barely tell it was ever there.
My solution is the same, I am not sure what others think is going to happen,obviously the first set peeled off, what stops the second set from peeling. I too went thru sending the pictures, and was sent the entire replacement graphics for the nose. They are still sitting in the garage, and the nose on mine remains naked as well. When I took the Montana logo off the front did not look too bad, then part of the mountain scene , still did not look too bad, then had to remove the rest, as it was looking pretty bad. At that point I thought it would be okay, but as time goes on, I like it less and less. Putting on the new graphics still does not make any sense, what stops the second set from peeling off. Maybe others can share how a second set is going to stay on, or a possible way to protect the graphics from the elements.

PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #14
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I have mentioned this several times on this forum. WHY keep replacing Burlington graphics with Burlington graphics???? I see many older rigs on the road with old but non peeling graphics. There is something wrong somewhere. This last spring, while still in the Phoenix area, I had RV Stripes and Graphics in Apache Junction (www.dontdriveugly.com), take pictures and measurements of my present nose cap for the day they are gone (so far, they are holding up pretty good, just starting to notice some peeling). My plan is to have something else put on the front and they will design according to my desires, as they did to my truck. I would rather try someone new than use the same old tried, and untrued, method. This is just my opinion and I have no connection to these folks. I just list this as an alternative to the factory decals. The only advantage I see is that Burlington is providing new decals at little or no cost. I can't deny that this is a big incentive to use them again, but, I can't see doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. To each his own.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:21 AM   #15
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
I have to agree with exav8tr.

The best definition I have seen of insanity is:

Doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result.

I'm not saying anyone here is insane (), but the above definition is one I believe in.

If (read: when) our graphics begin to peel, I'm confident we will replace them with something different.

Thanks for one alternative, Phil.

Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #16
MikeM
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6892
Unfortunatly, I'm not so sure about Burlington supplying replacement graphics at little or no cost. The mountain scene on front and driver's side of our 2008 Big Sky are already peeling badly, so I gave Burlington a call to see what could be done. Kristen's response was nice enough, but boiled down to "Keystone specified the graphics material and they only have a one year warranty. You can order replacements from our web site". Bottom line cost around $300 to replace what's peeling. Strangely enough, it appears that I need a one piece graphic, but only the center mountain scene is peeling - not the surrounding pieces.

One year warranty on passive, external graphics that virtually define the Montana/Big Sky brand?????? I think that's a travesty for the best selling brand in America and I have no intention on ordering replacements at that cost. Which ones are next and when will these need to be replaced again? I'm seriously considering just stripping them off and going naked, unless I really want to advertise what crappy quality went into those on my rig.

Flame off :-)
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #17
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
A couple of years ago at Quartzsite the group removed ALL my graphics and replaced with new ones. So far the new ones are still looking good. It has been 2 years now since the new ones were installed.

We happy with the graphics so far. About half of them were free from Burlington and we paid for the remainder.

This new setup for ordering that I've been reading about would make me think about getting them there again. I think I'd look around. Maybe check out the outfit in Phoenix.

Good luck.
Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:25 AM   #18
drknapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9135
I believe that the units now come with a three year parts and labor warranty regarding the graphics. I don't know if that implies that they have improved them or not.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #19
2golfers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4579
We are going to have to have ours replaced also, I've been looking at the site in Phoenix, I like what I see. May have to do away with the Montana Mountain on the front and get something else. May not be good if planning to trade, though
2golfers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #20
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 2golfers

We are going to have to have ours replaced also, I've been looking at the site in Phoenix, I like what I see. May have to do away with the Montana Mountain on the front and get something else. May not be good if planning to trade, though
I think the key may be to not make it too personal, I don't plan on trading mine at all so I will personalize mine. If thinking of trading, I might stick to the originals. Steve, at RV Stripes and Graphics in Apache Junction, said he could duplicate the current decals. Just a thought......OR maybe go naked until you get ready to trade, then buy a set from Burlington, maybe they will have it perfected by then.....Good luck
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote