Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2010, 05:39 AM   #1
hapcamp

M.O.C. #9786
Apollo Half Time Oven

Ours died in stages. Wouldn't work in half time mode below 400degs. Then microwave died and oven wouldn't start at all. We found a micro/convectiion oven on line that is a nice fit with matching trim ring. You have to change the plug and widen the foot riser. No problem. The new unit is an Contoure found at http://tweetys.com/

hapcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
I see you are a new member, WELCOME....Have you checked into the warranty of your half-time oven? Several MOCers have had their ovens repaired or replaced free of charge from the manufacturer.

We had some problems with the latch early on, but were able to fix it with the help from the forum....has worked for almost 4 years now. We love the half-time oven.

Post here if you need help locating warranty information.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I think if I read your post correctly you already purchased the replacement. If not, you can call the people who handle the Apollo Half Time Oven and get a "blemished" mfr returned unit for $100 and shipping. For us the shipping was $16. Just another option. It comes with a 60-day warranty.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
2golfers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4579
We have had ours repaired twice at repair shops recommended by mfr, bear in mind that our oven is used daily and we have been in our RV since 06. Just yesterday I went to use the half-time feature and it is gone, so will now locate a repair shop here to have repaired again, but I love this half-time feature.
2golfers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Pat, haven't heard from you and Virgil in quite awhile. Keep in mind if the repair will be more than $100, you can get a brand new one from the mfr for $100 and shipping. That's brand new in the sense it's never been used. But they are returns from rv mfrs who say they are blemished. Ours had a couple of small dents in the rear wall inside the oven. I think that's where it was, anyhow. Shipping was $16. They also will send you a new unblemished one but it's something like between $300 and $400, if I recall. Hi to Virgil for us.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
pop29

M.O.C. #9626
Hapcamp: I've looked on Tweety's site and cannot find a microwave/convection oven. Like you I have an '05 Montana but the 2955RL model and the microwave may be like yours. Mine is black Apollo and the cabinet opening is 21-1/2 W x 15-3/4 H. Does that sound the same as yours? If so, can you give me details on the Tweety model if you still have that data?
pop29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #7
clarkandsheila
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7994
http://www.contoure.com/Products/pc/...7&idproduct=83

This is a site for a similar combo microwave/convcstion oven I ran across perusing an RV supplies catalogue. No idea if they are better or worse than the Appolo.

Our Appolo recently quit microwaving. All other functions continued to work. I downloaded some instructions for checking the magnetron including discharging the capacitor. It seemed ok so I poked at the door switches. There are 4 of them. The switches all seemed ok but one seemed a bit out of place so I pushed. Buttoned it all back up and the microwave worked. It's now about 4 days working including cooking a couple meals. So if everything else works it may be just a door switch.
clarkandsheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:28 AM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
What is the price of the above unit?
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:56 AM   #9
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by clarkandsheila

http://www.contoure.com/Products/pc/...7&idproduct=83

This is a site for a similar combo microwave/convcstion oven I ran across perusing an RV supplies catalogue. No idea if they are better or worse than the Appolo.

Our Appolo recently quit microwaving. All other functions continued to work. I downloaded some instructions for checking the magnetron including discharging the capacitor. It seemed ok so I poked at the door switches. There are 4 of them. The switches all seemed ok but one seemed a bit out of place so I pushed. Buttoned it all back up and the microwave worked. It's now about 4 days working including cooking a couple meals. So if everything else works it may be just a door switch.
My first Apollo had the same problem with a defective door microswitch. I had them replaced at a small appliance repair shop. Next I blew the circuits messing with the outside panel breaker. I ordered a new one from Apollo, DW really likes it. This one working fine but will probably buy another if this one goes out. I don't think these things last forever and we use ours about 10 times a day, every day. Maybe not the best appliance for us fulltimers....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:21 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Like Phil we use our Apollo to death. Our present one is a refurbished one that is 2 years old. We use it for everything and would be lost without it.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:59 PM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Same here. That half time oven feature is terrific. Even browns the meat, etc. Same as a regular oven but in about half the time.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:23 AM   #12
jrjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4858
Where do you get a refurbished one? Mine died last night.
jrjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:12 AM   #13
krtam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7840
Call Mid-West Sales, 800-772-7262, they are Half Time Oven's RV customer service. I just received my refurbished one last week, looks brand new, maybe a few scratches. I had to wait a couple of weeks because they did not have any in stock(?) but had it in a few days after they let me know they had one. It was $125 plus shipping, $48 to CA! A new one is over $300. Only because of this great forum did I know about the refurbished one, you have to ask. Mid west sales quoted me parts and a new oven and only after I asked did they quote the refurbished one.
Has anyone had to modify the leg brackets and face plate due to the unit being a little deeper? There is a black box on the back(not sure what is is)that is 1/2" deeper than on the old oven. Got it installed, though.
krtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:49 AM   #14
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
"Like Phil we use our Apollo to death. Our present one is a refurbished one that is 2 years old. WE USE IT FOR EVERYTHING and would be lost without it"

Hey Rich how does the nightly news appear on your Apollo, is it more positive than on the TV? :-)
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:59 AM   #15
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
found the web site:

http://midwestsales.org/products.php?c=Microwave
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:24 AM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Kevin and Sharon, ours fit right in without modification to anything. Maybe the newer Apollos have that longer box on the back you mentioned and that would require some modification (maybe. haven't checked ours.)
Old 11-15-2010, 04:22 PM   #17
jrjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4858
Received my replacement today from Midwest. It was fine a couple dents in the back side.$125 plus $25 shipping. Thank you as always for saving me money with all the info on here.
jrjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #18
rexo
Established Member

M.O.C. #5420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hapcamp

Ours died in stages. Wouldn't work in half time mode below 400degs. Then microwave died and oven wouldn't start at all. We found a micro/convectiion oven on line that is a nice fit with matching trim ring. You have to change the plug and widen the foot riser. No problem. The new unit is an Contoure found at http://tweetys.com/
rexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #19
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Keep in mind that Midwest Sales does not ALWAYS have the refurb units in stock and you may have to wait awhile for one. We were going to order one the last time ours went out, BUT, they were out and we had ours repaired locally. Works fine now....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:27 AM   #20
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
I think ours is about to give up the ghost. It makes a god awful rattling sound when it it running. It works and browns, but just makes a nasty sound.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote