Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2018, 07:54 PM   #1
showme

M.O.C. #22658
REinstalling water pump system-help

I recently bought an '04 3670, and the PO was a traveler who mainly stayed in rv parks. When I got the 5th wheel home I remembered noticing a shurflo pump in the front compartment, so I hit the pump switch to check the existing pump, but it was silent. That's when I discovered that when the pump went out, the PO had a mechanic bypass (and remove) the pump and plumb straight to the cold water line. They also took out the outside shower plumbing, and dropped the fresh water tank fill down in the basement. (I could not figure out where the clean water was coming from when I stopped to check the tire pressures bringing it home). Anyway, we've bought this to set up on 40 acres we're going to build our house on next spring, to use as a break trailer/crash pad while we're at the property, so until we get the well drilled, we'll be needing the pump. Can anyone direct me to a diagram of the fresh water system on the '04's?? Thanks, Lee Butcher

showme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:20 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Lee, you will not find a diagram for the fresh water system or actually any diagram for any of the systems (Water,electrical, cable, antenna or sewer systems) anywhere. Keystone does not have them and neither does anyone else at least that is what we all have been told. A system or routing in one unit can be totally different than the next unit. Sorry you have to hear this but it is true. There are basic routes the installers use but no actual blueprints or schematics for them.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:31 AM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Rondo is correct in saying Montana doesn't provide a plumbing diagram. But the folks here have figured some of it out. Bob Rohrmann drew a diagram of the water plumbing system in the current models of Montanas. Your 2004 will not match (no winterize bypass valves for sure) but is should give you an idea on how the system works at a macro level.

Look HERE and what you want is the picture in post #2

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:09 PM   #4
showme

M.O.C. #22658
Ok, folks, here's the update. We took the old rig over to the local rv sales/repair shop and the mechanic went over it for us, and while he was at it, I had him install a new Shurflo 4008 and return the plumbing to it's former glory. We now have use of the fresh water tank as well as city water, which is all it had when we bought it. I bought a new entry door/dock for the water, which he also installed. I was disappointed when he said a mouse had chewed off the vent tube, and he said it wasn't really important (?!?). So when I got it home, I removed what was left of the old one and installed a new hose there. And the idea that it wasn't necessary is crazy since it's located at the bottom of the tank. I don't quite understand that placement, but am wondering if there is a tube inside the tank that runs up to the top of the tank, since it didn't start the overflow until it was full. Seems a fitting at the bottom of that tank would be the wrong place for a top off vent. I do have one concern, and that is when we got it back to the house (temporarily), we have to park it nose up on a hill. Even with creative leveling, it's still out of level. After filling the tank, it dripped steadily from out of a belly panel seem around the axle area, on the downhill side (the street leans toward the curb, also), so I'm now worried there may be a leak in the tank. Also found our sensors in the tank aren't showing full, so there's another glitch. Oh well- I filled the tank and added bleach to purify it, and now after draining it yesterday I need to refill and drain it a few times before I winterize the trailer. We'll be using it out at our property as a shanty and overnighter this winter as we progress on readying the land for building a house next spring, but since we'll only be there during the days we're working there, we'll only be using the furnace system occasionally. We have a photovoltaic system that will power our home, so we're going to hook up some of our solar modules to keep the batteries up and hopefully invert to ac. Which is the next question I'm about to post. Do the 2000's have inverters in them, and if so where? But that's another post. Thanks for all the help and suggestions on my question, everyone. I really appreciate it! Lee Butcher
showme is offline   Reply With Quote