Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2018, 09:23 AM   #21
RoadRunnerTR21
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20746
Nice solution!

RoadRunnerTR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 04:27 PM   #22
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
IMHO, All campers have become WAY to fancy with all the latest and greatest technology.

EVERY camper should have a light switch within reach without even stepping foot in the unit.

My 3455sa, like many others has a switch built into the screen door so when it is opened lights come on. Some times this is not good, like when its daylight. I intercepted the wiring to that switch and installed another switch in line so I can turn off the door switch in the day time or any other time you do not want the lights to come on when you open the door.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:49 PM   #23
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
IMHO, All campers have become WAY to fancy with all the latest and greatest technology.

EVERY camper should have a light switch within reach without even stepping foot in the unit.

My 3455sa, like many others has a switch built into the screen door so when it is opened lights come on. Some times this is not good, like when its daylight. I intercepted the wiring to that switch and installed another switch in line so I can turn off the door switch in the day time or any other time you do not want the lights to come on when you open the door.
Hmmmm.....maybe an even better solution for you would be a photo eye that will automatically switch that circuit off when it is daylight? Hey I worked in industrial electronics before the oilfield. I love playing with zap zap zip uuuuuhhhhhh electricity
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:53 PM   #24
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
That is one nice thing about InCommand; I can turn most of the lights on (inside, outside, porch) before getting out of my truck.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:19 PM   #25
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
There`s only 2 ways to fix this either remove the door or change the way the door opens. The wife says removing the door and exposing the switches full time was not a option . Something about ruining the motif of a $73,000 dollar camper? So this works for us I can open the door from the floor and walk up the stairs under it with out hitting it. Closing it is as simple as opening it and it locks in place with the old door catch. A little oil on the hinges, parts from my junk box and we are good to go.
Let the blood letting cease.

https://youtu.be/IKq3nz8_un4
Seems like a decent solution. I have bumped my head a couple of times which has generally trained me to close the door. I find that other than setting up or shutting down I don't open the door much.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 05:50 AM   #26
Butch & Kathy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18980
There was a previous discussion about that crazy door, I hit my head at least once per trip. In the previous discussion someone said they installed a flashing LED under the stairs and switch on the door to remind you of the open door. I thought that was something I would implement but.... I just keep banging my head on the door
Butch & Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:38 AM   #27
Twopetes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17535
Right on. - I have been squawked at several times by my DW for forgetting to close the door and I have the door dent in my noggin also. I am looking at a spring loaded hinge to fix this. Tempted to remove the door!
Retired and Lovin’ it!
Twopetes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:33 PM   #28
Lucky23
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18031
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
There`s only 2 ways to fix this either remove the door or change the way the door opens. The wife says removing the door and exposing the switches full time was not a option . Something about ruining the motif of a $73,000 dollar camper? So this works for us I can open the door from the floor and walk up the stairs under it with out hitting it. Closing it is as simple as opening it and it locks in place with the old door catch. A little oil on the hinges, parts from my junk box and we are good to go.
Let the blood letting cease.

https://youtu.be/IKq3nz8_un4
Thanks for the info Brian did mine same way works great only difference is I had to use both Rams.

Bobby

https://youtu.be/Z9LBOLJnWco