Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2016, 04:07 AM   #1
navybanker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10884
Insignia TV Picture

New camper has larger tvs but unable to get "wide screen" pic. The living area tv has a hdmi cable that disappears into the wall and is hooked to tv on hdmi1 port. The "input" on remote says no input other than "tv". The inputs available are tv, hdmi1 and hdmi2. Do not have full manual on tv to reference. The bedroom tv doesn't have a hdmi cord. We have been using CG cable on this trip. Unable to modify picture at all. Why have a larger tv if picture is much smaller? Anyone have suggestions? I am sure my electronic knowledge is a lot of this problem. Thanks,

2017 Montana 3611
2012 Chevy 2500
navybanker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:39 AM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
There should be a choice of screen format somewhere in the menu options ... it won't have anything to do with inputs.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:40 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
On our TV's picture sizing is one of the controls in the menu section.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:52 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I agree there is usually a menu for screen format. But could also be the cable. I know our Dish has both HD and SD for many channels. If watching a channel on HD the picture is wide screen. But if it loses the HD signal for some reason and changes to the alternate SD for the same channel, the TV changes to narrow screen.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:04 AM   #5
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
yep all of the above the gang is saying is correct not sure about the Insignia's but my Sony remote has a button that says "Wide" ALSO BB_TX is right about the SD and HD as I had that happen last night during the Game and I did not have it on HD Channels by mistake and no matter how many times I tried to adjust the pic size it would stay smaller but that fixed it getting back to HD
Old 09-09-2016, 07:15 AM   #6
navybanker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10884
Must be the cable hookup from CG. I have hit every button and menu item on the remote and nothing except shows up but "not available on this input". And, this is the third CG on this trip. It is okay except for football as you can't see the score on the side. Thanks,

2017 Montana 3611
2012 Chevy 2500
Old 09-09-2016, 10:38 AM   #7
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Try a local station using your batwing. If it is a large pic then the trouble is with the cable.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:51 PM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
navybanker is the only one on the right track. Don"t blame your equipment just yet. The chances are high that the campground connection is not providing the HD picture your HD equipment is capable of viewing. Ask the campground peeps if they know that the campground provides HD programming. Since more times than not HD is more expensive to provide than SD, the campground is not providing it. Keep in mind your equipment cannot improve anything, just show what's provided.

This is also true with the new UHD capable stuff. Ultra HD is even more behind than HD. It will be a long time before I upgrade to UHD in my rig, since most TV watching is satellite )HD DIRECTV) or older generation or Blue Ray DVDs, which work fine with my screen.

TV ain't what is used to be. You now have to know what your receiving or viewing and with what devices. Much more difficult indeed.

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:45 AM   #9
ranch560
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12491
Bobby, you should be able to go online and download a manual for your particular TV model. I know it's hard for a guy to admit this, but I had to do this once also. Good Luck
ranch560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:38 PM   #10
navybanker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10884
I found an email address for Insignia and they are responding. They asked for model number and all that info. I tried to find manual online but none were Insignia websites and leery about going to any website. Have been in a different campground where the internet was not working so unable to respond. They didn't have cable and antenna reception worked as far as picture options and was digital. Now in a more expensive CG and picture options are working. Guess the more expensive CG has HD! The tv is showing HD on the cable that is available. Apparently the other CGs had only analog. Probably had the same thing happen in the traded 3400 but didn't remember. Having several problems with new camper and suspected the tv was the problem! Need to relax and have a cold one. Thanks,

2017 Montana 3611
2012 Chevy 2500