Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
Sewer Flsh Line Sticky Valve?

I went to flush out the black tank, but couldn't get any water flow into the tank. It has been some time since we used Monty, so I suspect the cause might be a sticky check valve in the fill line. Anyone had this problem and what did you do to free up/unstick/replace the valve? I have a 2005 3650RK Montana. Thank you in advance

Jim

jsrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
From what I've been told it is possible to take some of those valves apart and free them, but they're cheap chinese junk so even if that's possible it won't last. Some have replaced them with good quality ones and others, like myself, have taken them out altogether and use a external one when we flush.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #3
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
Dick, How did you remove the valve? Is it as easy as just removing the 3 external screws on the cap entrance and pulling out?
Old 08-27-2013, 12:42 AM   #4
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
I had this problem once, and the culprit was the spray head in the black tank was plugged and dried out.

I put a couple of cups of liquid laundry detergent down the toilet and filled the black tank with a garden hose directly into the toilet, all the way up to where I could see it starting to come up the bottom of the down-pipe of the toilet (basically, almost to the very top of the black tank).

Then let it set for several days, drained black tank, hooked up a water hose without a pressure regulator to the black tank flush connection, and let her rip. ....Ta-Dah, all was well and worked as normal again.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:30 AM   #5
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
I'm not Dick but perhaps this post will help you locate your check valve: http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...lve,black,tank

All the valves I have heard of are under the lavatory sink or in the wall as illustrated in this post. Hope it helps, Jim
Old 08-31-2013, 03:37 AM   #6
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
Thanks for the suggestions. I plan to try them out and see if I can't free up the line.
Jim
Old 08-31-2013, 07:26 AM   #7
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
I recommend putting cooking oil in all tanks just before traveling. Maybe a cup in each. Additionally you can take the service closet back off, take handles off, remove cables from back of ser comp and run lubricating oil down inside of cable housing. It is slow but effective work.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #8
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206

Hi

Here is a picture of my anti-siphon valve. Notice that Keystone apparently forgot to install the valve along with apparently forgetting to install the black tank vent line, caulk the shower enclosure and several other things.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:02 AM   #9
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
I have a feeling that Keystone used a crappy flush system. I really can't figure mine out. I replaced the check valve with just an elbow, figured it would flush big time. But, even though it "sounds" like there are gallons of water rushing into the tank very little comes out the drain?????? No the tank is not clogged, I can run water in the toilet and it runs out freely. It is just the tank flusher that makes a lot of noise but no flushy??? On my old SOB it sounded the same way but it gushed water out the drain. Only thing I can figure is the sprayer end is clogged or broken and it is barely spraying, just enough to make some noise and spray very little water.
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:21 AM   #10
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by steelpony5555

I have a feeling that Keystone used a crappy flush system. I really can't figure mine out. I replaced the check valve with just an elbow, figured it would flush big time. But, even though it "sounds" like there are gallons of water rushing into the tank very little comes out the drain?????? No the tank is not clogged, I can run water in the toilet and it runs out freely. It is just the tank flusher that makes a lot of noise but no flushy??? On my old SOB it sounded the same way but it gushed water out the drain. Only thing I can figure is the sprayer end is clogged or broken and it is barely spraying, just enough to make some noise and spray very little water.
Hi

To the best of my memory the flow thru the clear elbow I use on the sewer dump outlet seems to be the same as it was new.

Not as much as I can get by filling the toilet and dumping it into the black tank but still a fairly good flow.

I have my wife fill the toilet a couple of times and dump it after the flush water is about as clear as it will get and the first toilet flush normally produces some more waste and second seems to be clear.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote