Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
LP Problem

I am scratching my head. We have been running h20 htr and refrig on LP with no problems. Last night one tank went empty so switched to the other tank. Gauge shows plenty of gas and the stove works just fine. Strangely the h20 htr and the refrig will not operate period. No hot water and no cooling or freezing in the refrigerator. All the fuses are just fine. Any ideas? We have switched to electric and will have to wait and see if that works.

sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Try shutting off the gas at the bottle and VERY SLOWLY opening it again. Then give the furnace and water heater a try. One at a time till all work. The new safety valves tend to stop flow when pipes empty during use and running down one tank. If this works then get empty tank filled and put back in system and turn it on then and don't wait till the other runs out... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
If you are on the bottle with that red single stage regulator, you might check it. Ours failed, and the range would work, but the water heater wouldn't. Neither would the furnace. I didn't try the fridge. You can take that regulator out, but you have to open the bottle very, very slowly without it inline.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I usually just wait awhile until the LP equalizes in the line. It usually just takes a few to 30 minutes, and when I try again, it lights. But the suggestion of turning it off and back on SLOWLY, and the red regulator are vary valid.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:09 AM   #5
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
Dave, you hit the nail on the head. I turned off the tank and slowly turned it back on. By the time I entered the Monty the hot H2O heater fired up and this morning the ice cube trays are all frozen. Anyone who owns a Montana and doesn't join the MOC family is missing out a lot of valuable information. Again THANK YOU Dave. If you are ever in the Washburn area give a yell. You never know we may actually be home. Dave
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote