Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2024, 11:16 AM   #1
No fear

M.O.C. #34036
Yeah a friend of mine that work for bought this Montana and it

My question is where do I find you know if I want to run a power from a house or a power pole to the trailer where do I find the hook up at on it can you guys help me cuz I can't find the owners manual

No fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 01:08 PM   #2
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Welcome to the MOC. Don't understand your question. If you're adding an AC power connection for your trailer, you would just plug your shore power cord into it.
Old 03-08-2024, 01:42 PM   #3
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Yeah, kind of confusing question.

So welcome aboard! Let's see if we can help figure it out. What year and model is the Montana? Did it come with an electrical cable? The round end will plug into the input on the trailer. It could be on the non-door side or on the rear. It's round and the cable pushes in and twist slightly clockwise to lock it in.

The shore power end will be 4 prongs and is designed to plug into an RV 50amp outlet. You don't want to plug it into just any 50amp outlet without knowing how it's wired. It's important to remember that the 50amp plug looks like a 240amp service...BUT IT'S NOT. So be aware and ask questions before plugging it in to any outlet that directly fits that plug.

If your available service is less, like either 30a or 20a you'll need an adapter plug.

So more info on the trailer and any pics of the plug and where you want to plug it in will help us help you.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 03:10 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
The year and Model of your Montana is essential to figuring out where your power plugs in.

The key here is you need a power cord which I suspicion you don't have? The usual one is a 50 amp male plug on one and and a round twist-to-lock marine type 50 amp female. Be aware (as posted above) this is *NOT* a 240 volt 50 amp system. it is two legs of 120V 50 amp power. The wiring at the supply point needs to be correct for an RV (or bad things happen).

You probably won't have a 50 amp supply and will need to adapt the power cord to a lesser amperage supply (120V at 10, 20 or 20 amps). There are adapters you can buy to connect them to your 50 amp cord. Amazon has many different adapters. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rv+power+...l_3t4dbjixtr_e

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 03:44 PM   #5
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
(or bad things happen) Not maybe or could but WILL Happen. Be careful.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM   #6
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Agree with all the above. Especially about more info on what you have.

The trailer should have come with an RV specific power cord to plug into a power outlet of some type. And there are a number of different type outlets you can plug into depending on the power cord type and the adapters you may have. And the plans of how the trailer will be used. If it doesn’t have that power cord then one must be purchased as a first step.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote