Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
Sinterior
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9238
Puppies!

Our new puppy Cira, 6 month old 10lb bundle of energy did something to us the other day that made us laugh......after the fact.
It was a cool day, so the trucks windows were up, all doors closed, hooking up Monty to be winterized and serviced before our trip South after Christmas.
We were outside just ready to leave when Cira, jumped up onto the passenger seat, put her paws on the armrest to see what we were doing.....Terry and I heard a soft clunk.......one of her paws locked the doors. Hmmmm, my keys were on the console, Terry's keys were in her purse.....in the truck!
I have active OnStar in my truck and when I called for them to unlock the doors, you could hear the OnStar operator laugh as she unlocked the doors.

This was funny, but a reminder, had it been very hot or cold outside, and we didn't have a cell phone, it could have turned out much worse.

We now always have one set of keys on us all the time, and make sure our cells are fully charged.

We store Monty a few miles from home and there was no one around who could have helped us at the time.

This not promoting OnStar, I was just glad I have it.

Sinterior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:01 AM   #2
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Moral of the story is make sure your puppies are door lock/unlock trained!!
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:01 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I love that keypad on the door for just that very reason.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:34 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
You and me both BB_TX but I like the keypad for other reasons, too..... I used to think the keypad was a ridiculous feature but I NEVER have to worry about accidents like that and access the truck without carrying my keys has turned out to be a nice convenience and have done this so many times. I wish my big Mercedes had a keypad.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Everyone of our dogs has locked/unlocked our doors at one time or another. Fortunately we have always had a set of keys with us. Plus I have a spare set located outside the truck just in case we lose the sets we carry. One day Mary Kay went to the truck while I was doing something else. She had forgotten to take her keys with her and did not remember the spare set hidden on the truck. Fortunately she was able to coax one of the boys to step on the lock/unlock button one more time. Only took her about 4 or 5 minutes.

I keep thinking about fabricating some type of covering platform so the dogs don't open or close the locks. But is one of those things I just think about! By the way these buttons can be even more dangerous. One time Bandit stepped on the window UP button while he was still in the window opening. I just happened to be standing next to the door and was able to get the window down before it chocked him! Very scary! Perhaps I should do more than just think about it!! Later, Dennis.
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BB_TX

I love that keypad on the door for just that very reason.
Yeah, we went to look at one of the other brands and we asked the dealer if the keypad was an option since it didn't have it on the vehicle. He said how unnecessary they were and basically how dumb they were (read, we don't offer it). Well, we have it on our Expedition and it is nice to have, regardless of prank-playing puppies or not
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote