Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2005, 12:27 PM   #1
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Quartzsite

Where is the best place to park while in Quartzsite and when would be the best time to go for the RV show?

DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
Don't know about the campgrounds, but I think the RV show runs for most of January and February. Just drove by the sign, but I can't remember the dates.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:20 PM   #3
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
Quartzitervshow.com gives you allthe info, Jan 21-29, but it seems to me it goes for quite a bit longer.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hi Doug and Sharon,
Of course folks are already starting to congregate in the Q area. The "big" event is around the 3rd weekend in January. It gets very crowded about that time. Shortly after that it will start to thin out but many folks will be there until late March.

There are many good places to park. Just find a spot and it's yours! No reason to crowd your neighbor since there is so much space. BLM has the area marked pretty well and of course you'll see the crowds.

South of town there are a couple of areas where you have to pay to stay. They have trash pickup and may have water.... I've never stayed at those places. We stay north of town about 6 miles just off of hwy 95 and Plomosa Rd. Lots of good places to park. We like it out that direction because it is not as dusty as the south of town and west of town areas. If you've never seen this sight it is "something" to see! Hard to imagine this many RVs in one place at one time.

In spite of the numbers traffic generally moves very well and of course no one is (or should be) in a hurry!

Hope you can make it. We plan to arrive around the 18th of January and stay for about a week or so.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 03:56 AM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Dennis, as of now we are starting to make our plans to be there around the same time you will be getting there. Are you leaving to go there from Bakersfield or from another area?

What would be the best route for us to take leaving from the Bay Area?

How is the weather there during the month of Jan.?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:59 AM   #6
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
Hi We stayed about a mile down Plomosa rd. just past where Dennis stays. It is a great area and very quiet. Stayed about two weeks. Everyone should do it at least once. We missed Dennis but caught up with him in Bentson at a later date. Dan and Sandy
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:38 AM   #7
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hi Doug and Sharon,
I believe our plans call for us to be leaving from Bakersfield. Will probably leave about the 16th or 17th.

From Forestville I think I'd pretty much hookup with hwy 12 and work across to I-5. Then just take I-5 south to Bakersfield. By the way if you come that direction go past the hwy 58 exit. Go about 4 miles south to Stockdale exit. Take Stockdale east into Bakersfield.

You are certainly welcome to come by our place and park in our driveway. We do have full hookups. We could then caravan over if you are interested. It is easy to get to our place and not out of the way.

If you were there last year then you know that it can and does rain in the desert. Guess it rained pretty much the entire week before we arrived last year. While we were there it was dry but a bit on the cool side at night. It was probably about like the nights while we were at Minden. The days we though were almost perfect. Lots of sunshine. I think it was in the high 60s to mid 70s.

Hello Dan and Sandy,
I suspect you must be on the road or getting ready to get on the road. Are you coming back out west this year? And the Plomosa Rd. is a pretty nice place isn't it? Travel safely and hope we run into you again this year.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:48 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Information on the Quartzsite Sports, Vacation and RV Show in Quartzsite, AZ
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 01:14 PM   #9
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Dennis, thanks for the information. As you may assume, I am a little gun shy of going through Bakersfield. I will let you know if we do come down that way as caravaning would be fun.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:15 PM   #10
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Glen, thanks for the link to Quartzsite.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:00 PM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DHenry

Glen, thanks for the link to Quartzsite.
Your welcome Dave! I have also added other Quartzsite links to the RV Related Links page.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:02 AM   #12
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
Hi Dennis WE leave next Wednesday and head south. WE haven't got any definate plans as we were going to do the Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana coasts this winter. That has been put on hold for obvious reasons so maybe we will roam arround Florida and Georgia. Really like Texas coast but we might perch in a spot or two and take a break. We work round the clock in the marina and campground in the summer so need some slow time for our tired bones. Don't forget to come visit us up here in the north someday (not in the winter). Dan
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:12 AM   #13
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by foggyb

Hi Dennis WE leave next Wednesday and head south. WE haven't got any definate plans as we were going to do the Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana coasts this winter. That has been put on hold for obvious reasons so maybe we will roam arround Florida and Georgia. Really like Texas coast but we might perch in a spot or two and take a break. We work round the clock in the marina and campground in the summer so need some slow time for our tired bones. Don't forget to come visit us up here in the north someday (not in the winter). Dan
Dan,
If ya get any where near Clearwater Florida be sure to let us know.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:53 AM   #14
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Doug, be sure to park near Dennis. He has Direcway, remember! He-he!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 09:00 AM   #15
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I don't think we are going to make it this year. We were planning hard and at the same time I was helping my Granddaughter plan her wedding. We knew we couldn't leave until after my Mother's 88th birthday on the 19th. Then it dawned on us that next weekend we had promised to attend my oldest daughter's (Denni) installation as state president of the trade organization she and her husband are active in. So we decided we could leave on that Sunday ( 29th). When we were all together last weekend it dawned on me the wedding is the 4th of February. So I guess we will not be in Quartzsite. And we can't go the next year either due to the trade conference where Denni will be presiding. Oh well.............
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:20 PM   #16
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Judy, I think that is a great idea. Dennis's Directway was great to have at the Reno rally.