Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE > Trailers, Tow Vehicles or RV related items Wanted
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2004, 04:45 AM   #1
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
Pin Box needed.

We have a 1999 Montana 3350RS and a Silverado shortbed truck with a Reese 16k slider. Our Montana has an unusually short pin box. I compared it to most at the Rally and most are at least 6" longer than ours. I spoke to a tech at Montana during the factory tour and he said we could use a longer pin box with no problem.

I wonder if any of you who purchased Mor-ryde or Trail Air pinboxes have your old one to sell? If so, how much does it weigh?

snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 08:37 PM   #2
Montana_882
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #882
Jim:
I wish I had known you needed a new pin box,I was just at MOR/ryde and watched them trow several in the trash.If you would contacy Garry in sales you might get him to send you one for the cost of shipping or if you are close enough you could pick one up.
If you have trouble getting him ask for Jim in the install shop,he installs them and may do it for you also.What ever you do don't ask for the shop forman because I don't beleive he would even think about doing it.
GArry is a former MARINE and a desent person who gave me my old axels when the shop foreman stated that I had to pay for them to get them back.
If you have a problem please let me know and I will try to have one sent to you from them.
Montana_882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 09:40 PM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Ernie,
Tried to send you a private email but no address in your profile. Semper Fi. 3rd MarDiv 67-68. 66-86 retired MSGT 2651. Please reply back private if you want to compare notes.
John
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 06:17 AM   #4
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
Thanks Eagle One,

I'll give it a try. I'll let you know the outcome.

snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 05:23 AM   #5
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Jim,
I have a pin box you are welcome to if you come et it or pay shipping. It came off a 2004 3295 Big Sky. It is heavy. I would guess fifty pounds or more.
Dave
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 07:22 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dave, what's the plane in your profile picture? Yours?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 09:36 AM   #7
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Steve,
The plane is an RV-4. My son and I built it several years ago. It is sort of special as it has a 230 hp engine, inverted fuel and oil and is certified for instrument flight. The plane was designed for 160hp so mine really likes to climb. It is all metal, hauls two people in tandem, cruises at 200 mph and lands at around 50. I have several pages devoted to it on our web site at www.brickner.com

BTW, it has no chance of pulling the Montana but I thought it made a cute picture. Sort of like when Ford had the ad showing a pickup launching a DC-3. That one was faked as well. It is amazing how many people actually thought that was for real.

Old 11-21-2004, 12:35 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Dave, I'll check your site soon as I finish up with MOC tonight. It's a beautiful plane! I'm not a licensed pilot, that's just a life-long dream of mine. One of my cousins has a homebuilt Kit Fox.

That ad was probably faked but you know a lawn tractor can pull a school bus or even a semi out of a ditch if the wheels aren't buried. If it has the gearing and the item being towed is on wheels it's not really that difficult to tow. Looks a lot more impressive than it really is. I always get a chuckle out of all those kinds of ads, no matter who sponsors them.

I like your picture, it really caught my attention.

--edited-- Dave, I got red x's on this page: http://www.brickner.com/db/activitie...ion/n493db.htm
and page not found on the mexfly and hangfly pages.

Maybe I'm missing something?
Old 11-21-2004, 06:01 PM   #9
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Steve,
You are right, something has gone screwey with my site. Here is a connection to the brochure I put up. I believe it works ok.
http://www.brickner.com/db/activitie...0Spec%201.html
I'll have to get back to the mechanics of the site ASAP -- probqably tomorrow
Old 11-22-2004, 03:31 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Snowbunny, I just realized I hijacked your thread. Sorry. I'll take this elsewhere.

I remember you showing me your pinbox. I hope you find the one you want.

Dave, really nice brochure. If I recall my Navy training, 170 knots is about 195 mph. Scootin' right along! Beautiful plane. I envy you big time.