Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2005, 04:56 PM   #1
Montana_2821
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2821
Second Trip and Possible Major Life Change

Well on Spring Break, I'm a Math Teacher at the Valencia Community College, we went to Franklin North Carolina where we spend our summers and stayed at Country Woods where we expect to spend the summer. The trip went very well and the repair to our black water tank valve worked fine. All systems worked well and we hand no real problems. One thing I have decided is that after comeing in after dark for the second time of our two trips I do not want to do that again.

The purpose of our trip was to see how things might be in cooler weather, to learn more about the Montana operations and to check out the RV park. All those things went very well and we were happy with all.

However my wife already has two sisters living in Franklin and we own some land that we had long range plans to build on, long range meaning 2-4 years down the road. Since buying the Montana I had some serious doubts about being able to pull it up the steep winding road to our property.

But as fate might have things, another one of Jeanne's sisters had decided to move to Franklin also and they had found a place they wanted to buy. There were a couple of problems, her and her husband to be both had to sell their houses in Atlanta, and the property was lage and expensive. It had a house that the really wanted and a small trailer/cabin on the lower part of the property.

They got contracts on their houses the week before my break and came in town right after we got there and we went with them to just see the house they wanted to buy and just interested in where they might be living.

When we got their and saw the place, we went down to the lower part of the property while Jeanne's her sister was talking a deal with the owner. We looked at the trailer which is almost new and the property and thought it was a much better deal that the property we owned and much easier to get the Montana to for parking, there was plenty of room to build a house when we wanted to build.

To cut this already to long story short, we made a joint deal and if every thing goes well we will own the lower 1.3 acres with the trailer come April. We have already put our house up for sale and if we would sell it this summer we would be full timers here in Florida for a year or two until we decide to hit the road and/or build a house on the new property.

This may well change how we travel, but not the fact that we will travel, with the Montana, but we are very excited and hoping that everything goes through.

Life can take strange but wonderful changes at times.

Montana_2821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 05:15 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
[font=Comic Sans MSThat is why life is an adventure unfolding. Hope all goes well.][/font=Comic Sans MS]
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:25 PM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Bill, there's nothing better than being close to family....unless it's traveling in your Montana to see them! Sounds like a great plan!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 12:49 AM   #4
Montana_2821
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2821
I agree about family Judy. We will be moving further from some of our grandchildren and children in Florida, but closer to some others that also live in Eastern North Carolina and Knoxville.

But the ones in Florida love to camp and visit North Carolina. The new place has land, a view and is a great place to visit or even have a reunion.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'll the closing is scheduled for April 19 but it is contingent on Jeanne's sisters closing at the same time. Right now it looks really good.

Bill
Montana_2821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 01:20 AM   #5
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Bill & Jeanne,
What exciting news. I know the feeling of wondering how you are going to get the Monty to a piece of property you currently own. We have 35 acres in WV with a vacation cottaqge on it. However, there is a narrow dirt road leading to the property with lots of turns and rather hilly. We have decided it is not worth trying to get the unit into our property. We will probably find a nice storage area near the vacation home to store our unit when we are enjoying our "mountain chalet". Keep us posted on your deal. Good luck on the closing.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:04 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Bill and Jeanne! You already know we are happy for you. Also that we keep missing each other by short time or distance. One of these days we'll make it work and get to see your new place. Keep us posted on this.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote