Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2015, 12:33 PM   #1
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Entertainment?

So I was over at Lazy Days a couple of days ago getting something they had fixed refixed (but still NOT fixed). I was looking at a new Monte on the lot when another customer came over with a salesman, talking about a new Monte he had just bought. As he looked at the unit I was in front of he said to the salesman "No outside speakers on this one? That's a deal breaker for me!" I started laughing, and the two turned to me to be let in on the joke. I said "As far as I can see, I wish manufacturers would stop putting outside speakers on ANY of their rigs!" The guy looked at me and replied "That's why you don't want the site next to me!" So right. Why do so many of our brothers and sisters of the road want to drown out the sounds of silence in a campground, particularly when the CGs are so often crowded? It's probably the same guy that comes out of his class A first thing on a warm summer morning, lights his campfire, built with damp wood, of course, and then goes back inside and just lets it smoulder! Happy September to all!

washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:49 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I won't accept a spot where the guy next door has outdoor speakers. That's not why I do this.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:54 PM   #3
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
X2 to everything you both said!!
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:57 PM   #4
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
x3
Same with uncontrolled non-stop dog barking.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PackerFan

X2 to everything you both said!!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:16 PM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
4X and also those that leave their "scare lights" on and take off for the evening and when returning leave them on ALL NIGHT LONG!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:56 PM   #6
tspoon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8973
I don't know if mine even works. Never tried it and now I have changed the sound system and they are no longer hooked up!
tspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:02 PM   #7
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Wind chimes. We where next to a lady had about 8 of them on thier awning and clanged all night x 7 days on our bedroom side. You just dont realize how things u do affects your neighbor. We try really hard to be considerate.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:29 PM   #8
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Agree, don't want outside speakers, and would not use them if I had them, as a courtesy to my neighbor.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 05:53 PM   #9
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Wow, I started something! I think maybe I'll picket the Tampa show this January...maybe if enough of us get together we could march on Indiana...the anti outside speaker/wind chime/scare light coalition!! SOS, save our silence! Ya'll have a great rest of the weekend, and Go Gators!
Old 09-11-2015, 06:35 PM   #10
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
I like the outside speakers, especially when I am boondocking and there is no one ten feet away from me. I think they are no worse than some of the other mentioned issues. My unit also has an out side TV which I did use while cooking outside on a charcoal barbecue. I guess I am curious if barbequeing outside the unit should not be allowed or watching the football game while barbequeing. I think I can live with most of the little inconveniences of having close neighbors. I guess I get more upset with my neighbors that decide to park their tow vehicle half way out in the street, or the one that need to have two vehicles besides their RV and take up more space than is allocated to them. Some people smoke as they walk by or up and down the streets. I don't care for their secondhand smoke but I try to tolerate it for the most part. I will say that I loose my patience when people let their dogs pee all over you TV or RV tires or don't pick up after their pets. What I am saying is I think everyone has their own pet peeves but overall we can get along with a little understanding and treating your neighbor how you want to be treated. I do sometime have to remind myself to have more patience.

Tom Marty
Old 09-12-2015, 01:36 AM   #11
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
We recently spent a week in a crowded campground in Jefferson, Ohio. Apparently, our neighbor was a permanent resident and like that "lived in" look. Lights inside and outside the rig were on a timer that came on and off at random and the outside speakers were tuned to a soft rock radio station that played the entire time we were at the site, 24/7. The campground office promised to contact the owner, but nothing happened. We did not see a soul around that rig at any time during our visit. Lesson learned! We now treat camp sites like railroad crossings. Stop, Look and Listen.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 04:53 PM   #12
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
We use the outside entertainment every trip. I am fully aware of neg reactions. We always, every time , get location with no neighbors on Pass side of RV. We also do not turn up music or movies volume. I welcome visitors and usually have 8-9 people watch with my family. Never any other than PG movies. It's our fav part of the Montana. Gets people outside ! It's great option.
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 05:53 PM   #13
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Artemus Gordon

We use the outside entertainment every trip. I am fully aware of neg reactions. We always, every time , get location with no neighbors on Pass side of RV. We also do not turn up music or movies volume. I welcome visitors and usually have 8-9 people watch with my family. Never any other than PG movies. It's our fav part of the Montana. Gets people outside ! It's great option.
Hey, thanks for your considerate use of speakers! I have very few problems with folks like you. There are just too many wack jobs that think everyone loves the deep, boom of base with their morning coffee, as well as smoke from fires left burning all day with no one around to enjoy or tend.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:52 AM   #14
tspoon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8973
I don't know if mine even works. Never tried it and now I have changed the sound system and they are no longer hooked up!
tspoon is offline   Reply With Quote