Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2004, 02:53 AM   #41
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
Never had a problem with drive-thru speakers with my GMC either.

John

NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:44 AM   #42
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by NJ Hillbilly

Never had a problem with drive-thru speakers with my GMC either.

John
Hmmmmmmmmmm, that's great. Maybe my husbands and my hearing aren't the best then....we are getting up there in age
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:25 AM   #43
Montana_1424
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1424
DODGE ALL THE WAY!!
Love mine too, nice ride, good sound, and A LOT OF POWER!!
Montana_1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:27 AM   #44
Montana_1887
Established Member

M.O.C. #1887
Thank you all for the info!!! My brother-in-law (my only "family" truck source) is a total "Ford" man, so it is good to hear from other truck owners. I have been leaning towards a Dodge, simply because of the increased towing capacity (I know that Ford's towing capacity increases this year, but I am looking to buy used). It is good to hear that it is also quieter and a smoother ride. Thanks, Sue!

I am planning on buying in November when I get back to Dallas, so keep the great advice coming!!

Thanks again!!
Di
Montana_1887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 06:28 PM   #45
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
For Justdiana, if you're looking for a used diesel, I'd shy away from Powerstroke or Duramax with over 150,000 miles on them. I'm sure I'll get flack on that, but unless you can certify the care it's had, it may be running on borrowed time. Cummins will be pretty safe up to about 400,000+ miles.
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 05:21 PM   #46
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sue, you probably meant to say your Ford didn't have the get up and go. Mine's a whole lot different than that. And the magazines all say the Ford is still the king when it comes to towing, up hill and on the flats, within its ratings of course. In any case, all three mfrs make good trucks that can do the job. I'm sorry to hear you got a bad one this time. But no doubt there are others of us who can say the same thing about one of the other brands. I'm glad to hear your new Dodge is getting it done for you. That's really what counts in the end.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 04:00 PM   #47
Coro from Maryland
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #455
I have to agree with Steve. My 2003 F-350 has all the power I need to tow my 12,000 lb Montana. I had considered adding a chip for more power, but after towing in the Rockies and Appalacians last summer, I just don't see the point. It handled every hill with ease.

There was a caution mentioned earlier about not getting an early model 6.0 Ford engine, meaning one built before May 2003. The reason it was mentioned is that these early versions have the original style injectors, which have a higher (though still small) chance of failing eventually. The risk is small, but improved injectors were used after that date.
Coro from Maryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:43 PM   #48
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Hmmm, my Ford rides very nicely. Even Vicki says so. Sue, it sounds like the Ford you had was atypical all the way around. I sure can't blame you for dumping it and I'm very glad mine's not like that at all.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 03:21 PM   #49
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Hmmm, my Ford rides very nicely. Even Vicki says so. Sue, it sounds like the Ford you had was atypical all the way around. I sure can't blame you for dumping it and I'm very glad mine's not like that at all.
Yeah!!! I'm glad yours works also. I was just getting sick of breaking down with horses in tow!!! Doesn't make a fun day.....

I would try another Ford some day, but not in the near future.

I love my new Dodge. Its is very comfortable. One of my friends test drove it yesterday, he was amazed how it rides like a car, and quiet too!!
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote