Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Decal Graphic Warranty

With all of the discussions and trials and tribulations regarding the peeling decals (we have them as well as has been documented on the forum), I think it is worth mentioning that once again it appears that Keystone is at least taking notice and attempting to at least minimize the problems going forward. As part of the purchase process for our new rig, one of the things I discovered is that the decals are now warrantied for three years including labor. I think Burlington is somewhere between three and four years on their warranty based on our experience anyway (we did get free graphics that peeled right at three years of age), but as many have found out, the labor is not included. I don't know if the graphics supplier is still Burlington, but at least the warranty is getting a little stronger. I realize that this does not help any of those (including ourselves) who have had to replace graphics, but at least there is a glimmer of light for future purchasers.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:51 PM   #2
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
That is good to know. We are attending a dealer open house today and I want to find out what has been done to resolve the graphic problem. If they are not getting graphics from Burlington, then who.
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:52 AM   #3
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
For all those who have graphics problems, there are people who have expertise in installing new graphics.....those people will be at the Quartzsite rally!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
Can anyone tell me who I can talk to at Keystone about the graphics? Telephone number? This is the second set for my 3400. bencinwv, stopped in at Burdetts(sp) and had some work done on the Monty. Very nice people and very professional.
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:05 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Keystone will most likely be of no help. Since you have an older model, I would say your best bet is to contact Burlington Graphics directly. Do a search for Burlington Graphics and all of their contact info is on their web-site. Agree wholeheartedly with the staff and owner's at Burdettes, unfortunately, they have decided to no longer carry the Montana line.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:30 AM   #6
hikerdoc
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10717
Send a message via Yahoo to hikerdoc
as an aside to the already known issues that exist with the keystone decals, be VERY careful about what you use on the camper to wash it. As a novice camper many years ago, we used Simple Green on the walls to clean the exterior. What a huge mistake as the decals peeled very quickly after application. Be sure to stick with only approved wash products. That was an expensive lesson.
hikerdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Our nose graphics were replace a couple of years ago due to peeling. And now we're seeing the beginnings of shrinkage and peeling on the graphics below the large bedroom egress window. If I had the $$$ I'd find someone who could strip it all off and do a nice full body paint, maybe duplicating the Big Sky paint. Instead, as the decals get bad they'll likely be stripped off and eventually the rig will be a full albino.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #8
trish

M.O.C. #10820
I had my decals stipped and then painted on while camping in Mexico two years ago the cost was less than new decals and it looks like factory.
trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #9
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
At the 2010 Fall Rally Keystone Customer Service Center (8666254369) was designated the point of contact for graphics issues.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #10
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
What is the "recommended " product to wash the Montana with?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hikerdoc

as an aside to the already known issues that exist with the keystone decals, be VERY careful about what you use on the camper to wash it. As a novice camper many years ago, we used Simple Green on the walls to clean the exterior. What a huge mistake as the decals peeled very quickly after application. Be sure to stick with only approved wash products. That was an expensive lesson.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:31 AM   #11
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
My personal preference is the DW!! Ouch!!!! That is going to leave a mark!!!
Bingo

Old 10-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #12
rorehfeld
Established Member

M.O.C. #8991
Now I'm really confused! This morning, I spoke to a young lady (Ashley) at Burlington Graphics in attempt to get a replacement for a front graphic on my 2008. She said that as of August, the company would only be warranting the graphics for one year and directed me to their on line store where I could purhase a new decal ($39.50).
Rod
rorehfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #13
Snowbirds
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2082
CORattler, I asked Burlington Graphics what to use and Ashley sent me the below recommended instructions:

The graphic package you have purchased with your Keystone RV was designed for superior durability and requires little maintenance. Please follow the steps below to get the best performance from your graphic package:

• Wash your graphics with soap and water or car wash detergents. Rinse thoroughly. Do not use abrasive sponges (like SOS pads) or abrasive cleaners (like Comet) to clean your graphics.
• Start cleaning at the bottom of the graphic and work up, rinsing the abrasive dirt and contaminants away as you go. Starting at the top can leave streaks below where concentrated cleaner runs down and effectively cleans that surface area more than adjacent areas.
• We recommend that you do not wash your graphics with a high-pressure sprayer such as a power washer. Try to avoid the graphics when power washing your RV walls. High-pressure sprayers can contain enough force to lift the edge of your graphic and cause it to peel.
• Do not overcoat your graphics with clear paint of any kind. Your graphics already have a clear coat over them.
• Do not let gasoline or other fuels drip or remain on your graphics for any length of time. If a spill occurs, wipe off the graphic and rinse with water immediately.
• Do not use petroleum-based solvents on your graphics. They will soften the vinyl and damage the clear coat and / or ink.
• Do not apply wax over your graphics, especially if the wax contains any petroleum or silicone distillates. Car wax will not improve the finish of graphics and can damage the surface of vinyl graphics after repeated exposure. If you do wax your RV, wax that has dried along the edge of a graphic can be removed by first softening it with rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs. Be sure to rinse the area after cleaning.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CORattler

What is the "recommended " product to wash the Montana with?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hikerdoc

Snowbirds is offline   Reply With Quote