Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2004, 04:52 PM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Fiver with a problem, on the road (not us)

On our way to Port Aransas (solo) last Saturday we stopped to see if we could assist another RV'er. This couple's beautiful Carriage Cameo FW was sitting on the side of the road with left wheels on the paved shoulder and the right side in the mud. In fact, the coach body was sitting on the muddy ground on the right side. I didn't see for myself but the owner told me when he pulled over and those wheels caught in the mud it snapped the lugs and the wheels came off. But I didn't see if that's accurate.

He told me his emergency road service told him if his rig won't roll behind a wrecker then they can't help him. He had called Corpus Christi himself and had arranged a wrecker to come out but was hoping they could fix the wheels on the spot. He's a Good Sam member but not GS ERS so gave him the ERS number in case they could point him to where he could get help. I guess he could call, sign up, then tell them to send someone out to help him. Also told him about the Good Sam (what are they called?) members who are available to help in this type of situation. Ambassadors?

We really felt sorry for this couple but I think they were armed with info to get them going again.

Steve & Vicki Reigle
'03 3295RK
'03 Ford F350 SC SB SRW 6.0L PSD AT 4x4
fulltiming since 3/21/03
Our RV Travels

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote