Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
IMP

I'm not sure if Myrna Logan would want this posted but I think it merits some notice. I have received two e-mails in the last few days, the latest being today from her husband Robert.

It appears she has had some medical problems and I will post below both notes that he sent me. As a fellow MOC member I know that she is well known and all will wish her a speedy recovery.

This one dated June 11......
Hello All .....
Well, I took Myrna into the hospital at 5:00 this morning for her
1) EKG; 2)heart x-ray; 3) cardio-conversion; and, 4) pacemaker implant (my non-medical terms).

All four procedures went "very well", no surprises! She was a 'trooper'!! She will be in the hospital overnight so they can monitor the pacemaker, and her, and make whatever adjustments might be necessary.

I should bring her home about noon on Thursday.

Thank you for all of your e-mail, love and prayer support. That means a lot to both of us!!

This one dated today....June 14.
I thought I was going to bring Myrna home Thursday morning,
then Friday, but I just brought her home this afternoon!

She retained a lot of fluid from her IV during the procedure and
then it 'settled' in her lungs. She also developed a slight case of
congestive heart failure. So, they were working on correcting
a couple of things. But her new EKG sure looks good compared to her old ones. Seton Hospital is the 'Heart Center of Central Texas' so I guess she was in the right place to get the best care!

She seems to be a lot better today! But, it will be several days
before she is anywhere near back to normal. We'll just do the follow-up appointments and take it a day at a time.

Well.... I need to let some others know that she is home, so I'll close now.

Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
We wish her a speedy recovery.
Our prayers are with her.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
She will be in our prayers tonight for a speedy recovery!
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
You both are in our thoughts and prayers.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #5
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
So good to hear all procedures went well. We pray for a speedy recovery and Myrna be sure and do what the doctors say.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #6
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
We will be praying for a speedy recovery as well.
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:43 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Thanks Charlie.
Myrna, Just to let you know that Lorraine and I are praying for your speedy recovery.

You both are in our thoughts and prayers.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:56 AM   #8
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Myra is a great friend of the MOC, our prayers go out to her and her family. Feel better right quick like friend!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:11 AM   #9
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Our thoughts and prayers are with you both for Myra's quick recovery!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:34 AM   #10
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Bob,

You and Myrna are in our thoughts and prayers for her speedy recovery. God Bless.

Karen and Virgil
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:35 AM   #11
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
We wish her a speedy recovery also, Robert.
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #12
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Sponge Bob
WE sure hope everthing works out well.
Our prayers are with you both.
We have realy missed you guys.
Mel
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:47 AM   #13
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
You're Both in our prayers, Good Bless!
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #14
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. I am indeed home and grateful for my many blessings. Everyday i should get stronger and I now have a beautiful regular heartbeat and a machine that keeps the rate where it should be. Sponge Bob is doing a great job of taking care of me. Even snuck some diet pepsi into the hospital for me. I am also grateful for the wonderful technology that is available to keep us going. Hopefully in another month we will be able to take some short trips. This TX heat is getting to me... I am sure there is a 2nd a/c in our future. Again thanks.. eat heart healthy and keep walking!!!
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #15
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Myrna,

So glad to see that you are doing well and posting on the boards so soon. Seton is the best for health care. I have used them several times myself.

We didn't have the second AC the first summer we had our 3400RL. We added the second one and we love it. With both of them running you will stay cool even in the 100 heat. I also love the white noise the second AC in the bedroom makes. It sure drowns out the neighbors diesel truck or a motorcycle firing up in the mornings.

You stay healthy and keep improving. Prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:21 AM   #16
Ms McGyver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8531
Glad you're better! Take it easy as it takes a while to recoup--been there at least twice, don't want to do it again. After my first big heart attack it took me 6 months to feel like myself again. Doc says I'll be on meds the rest of my life, go figure!

On the A/c, I advise not running the power through the Monty's circuit board. Break off and put it on it's own 110 power cord. This allows you to plug it in directly to the post and not pull extra amperage through the unit. Many times we've had to plug into 30 amp service which would not allow us to run the main a/c and microwave at the same time, much less a second a/c. This way you can get both a/c's running to cool the unit down then switch off the main and maintain internal temps with the front unit. Utilizing the a/c's in this manner the panel powers other appliances only. Secondly, it allows you to cut power to the Monty for electrical work and still cool the unit via the front A/C. Our dealer's service techs love that fact!

And I too, love the white noise it provides. Both DH and I snore so the noise it provides, even just running the fan, helps us sleep.
Ms McGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:20 PM   #17
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Colleen.. thanks, we have just broken all records for the hottest June since the Civil War, according to the weather people. We hit over 100 again today. There is no end in sight.
Lisa...thanks for the advice. I will pass it on to my DH. We are doing some inquiries and it won't be cheap. I am doing better every day, but it sure is hard to get out and walk. I try for outside in the early am when it is in the 80's and then walk the inside of the rig. We are not near enough to a mall to do that. Sometimes Walmart and the grocery store have to do...
Old 06-19-2008, 06:01 AM   #18
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We wish Myrna a quick recovery. Our prayers are with you both.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:21 PM   #19
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Myrna,

I have walked a mile in a Walmart Please find some places that you can stay cool trying to stay fit. We are in Sound Dakota right now, but should be back in Texas by the 4th of July. Sure hope the temperatures break before we get home.

Prayers are staying with you that everything smells like roses. I would say bluebonnets.... but they don't smell.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:49 AM   #20
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Thanks Dusty and Colleen... would love to smell the roses. The poor plants are too hot to even bloom. The Crape Myrtle's are looking great however. It rained a little this morning in the hill country and it stayed in the 80's all morning. We love it. Have walked to the road and back twice now. Safe travels Colleen and bring the cool weather back with you.