Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2008, 03:50 AM   #1
MikeM
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6892
Mission Tires - must be my turn now

Started off on our northward journey today from Mesa and all tires looked good on the Tana. Stopped 100 miles up the road for lunch and did the usual walkaround. Lucky me, there's now a bubble on one of the Missions about 1 inch across - the good(?) thing is that it was not on an inside edge where I couldn't have seen it. No civilization near and no cell phone service so we decided to risk getting to our overnight stop (luckily only 50 miles up the road). Made it without incident, but the tire is going to get changed before we move again.

We now have to decide if we want to risk another 1500 miles to our first stop before getting rid of these tires. Like Ozz and others, I'm ditching all of them for something we don't have to constantly worry about. First step is to research the archives for recommendations, but if anyone can offer brand advice, it would be much appreciated.

In addition, I definitely see a PressurePro in our immediate future.

MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:30 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Mike,

The Missions are no longer made, so you for sure won't be getting a Mission replacement.

Not sure what rig you have, but if you have 6,000 lb axles there are tons of alternative tires, including many of the LT series american brands. If you have the 7,000 lb axles and you want to retain that capacity for hauling, the selection gets very lean. The only American tire I know of is the Goodyear G series.

LonnieB is a good resource, and I hear he keeps a cold one in the fridge of the shop for any MOCers that pull in for new skins . You might PM him for advice if he doesn't jump in (to tell me I'm full of beans about the cold one anyway)!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Brad covered it. My prejudice is for the Goodyear G-rated.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Mike,

Any major brand tire, from a reputable tire shop, with the correct load rating for your application, will work just fine. I say major brand, and reputable tire shop, for a couple of reasons. Major brands are more readily available should there happen to be any warranty issues down the road, and a reputable shop will treat you and your rig professionally.

Brad, I'm afraid to keep a fridge full of cold ones. The temptation might be more than I could stand at times, .

LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:16 AM   #5
Dont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6371
Send a message via MSN to Dont Send a message via Yahoo to Dont
Hi I ws park next to Mike M in Sant Fe and was checking my tires and found one tire with bubble about 2" around on the out side, Started to looking for a tire finally found one at Garcia Tires hear in Santa Fe it was a Multi-Mile Brand 120.00 dollars,will be leaving today for Iowa hope we don't have any more troble.
Dont is offline   Reply With Quote