Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2007, 05:17 PM   #1
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Big Sky is finally home

We did our PDI and brought our new Big Sky home yesterday and worked into the evening moving our things back into it. Got a lot to go but it was fun getting to know the new rig. Had only some small items that needed fixing but did not do 100% of the PDI. I have confidence in our dealer to have gone through the PDI that I sent them and if I do have any problems they will jump right on them to make things right.

The only disappointing and unexpected thing that I found was that I thought the windows would be tinted as advertised. We ordered dual pane windows and they sure look clear to me. There is not any mention that the dual pane windows do not come tinted in any of the advertising. Not happy about that. Some of the small windows open only about 3" so do not get much air through them so will have to use the fantastic fan more often.

We tried to move the couch to the back but I think it's just a little large to clear the slides and putting the 2 recliners together on the side will not leave room for the small end table so had to move things back. I am used to rearranging furniture.

Over all we are extremely happy with the new unit and are excited to get it out on the road ASAP

Our unit is number 098 and was built March 22, 2007. I was told that they are only building about 3 per day.

I do need to add a switch so I can isolate the speakers in the bedroom. If you are out there OZZ do you have any thoughts of a good type of switch to do this with? Do I need to run both wires through a switch or will just one do? Maybe one next to each speaker or at the entertainment area.

rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sure a great looking picture! I am happy to hear your new Big Sky has gotten your approval. I noticed back at the rally last fall that the dual pane windows are barely tinted compared to the single pane. I will go with the single pane windows again as I like the darker smoked glass. I look forward to hearing all about your upcoming adventures with your new Big Sky...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:16 PM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Now there are a couple of happy folks in that new signature pic! Congratulations and many happy times in your new rig! You are one of the Big Sky pioneers, so we're all looking forward to your experiences.

[IMAGE]http://www.emotihost.com/glass/10.gif[/IMAGE]
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:02 PM   #4
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
That is a great picture of the two of you. You look very happy. You should change out your picture by your name and put this one in. Since you have your camper home, if you get a chance measure the cargo area for me, especially the height. Karen
kwolff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:53 AM   #5
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Wow sure looks very nice!! Congratulations on your BIG SKY...Enjoy!!!

Bob and Kathy
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:54 AM   #6
Verle and Sue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3960
Sure sounds like it was worth the wait. Have fun. Sue C
Verle and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:44 AM   #7
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Dick and Jackie:

My but the two of you sure look happy with your new Big Sky!!!!! Sounds like yours came off the line the day before ours did--our production date was March 23, and our serial number is 103. Wonder who got #100? LOL!!! We'll have to compare notes to see if there were any running changes between your rig and ours. LOL!!!

Glad to hear that your PDI went well--and not surprised to hear that you didn't complete the checklist I sent you. Kind of a long one, wasn't it. LOL!!!

Wish we had a yard like yours where we could be close to our Big Sky--bummer to have to drive 20 miles back and forth to the dealer's lot where we are storing it. But better that than paying storage fees and county personal property taxes!!!
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:43 PM   #8
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Mighty pretty rig and couple too!!! What a combination -- contratulations!
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:48 AM   #9
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Congrats on your Big Sky!
You two DO look very happy!
Great picture! Have fun !
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:19 AM   #10
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by David and Jo-Anna

Dick and Jackie:

My but the two of you sure look happy with your new Big Sky!!!!! Sounds like yours came off the line the day before ours did--our production date was March 23, and our serial number is 103. Wonder who got #100? LOL!!! We'll have to compare notes to see if there were any running changes between your rig and ours. LOL!!!

Glad to hear that your PDI went well--and not surprised to hear that you didn't complete the checklist I sent you. Kind of a long one, wasn't it. LOL!!!

Wish we had a yard like yours where we could be close to our Big Sky--bummer to have to drive 20 miles back and forth to the dealer's lot where we are storing it. But better that than paying storage fees and county personal property taxes!!!
That is our challenge for the year to find out who has number 99 to 102. LOL

Here is some picture of "our" new baby. I have started some small mods to it and have a few more in the planning stage. Looks like it will be about 2 weeks before we can get in our first trip.

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s223/rldriver/MOC/

Happy camping...

Old 04-20-2007, 07:58 AM   #11
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations and we hope you have many happy days in it.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #12
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Looks good you two crazy kids.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #13
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
Dick and Jackie,
Congrats and you look good in front of the Big Guy! Thanks for the basement pictures and dimensions. Tom will be checking that out.
We're still a couple of months away from ordering. Seems like one thing after another....but we're getting there.
Please keep us posted on how things are going.
Judy
judyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:09 PM   #14
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by judyuk

Dick and Jackie,
Congrats and you look good in front of the Big Guy! Thanks for the basement pictures and dimensions. Tom will be checking that out.
We're still a couple of months away from ordering. Seems like one thing after another....but we're getting there.
Please keep us posted on how things are going.
Judy
Thanks Judy,
It's good to hear from you again. Remember when you order yours that the dual pane windows are not tinted. Did you ever talk to D&L in Wenatchee?

Dick of Dick & Jackie
Old 04-25-2007, 01:58 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Nice picture,,These Big Sky's are one of the best looking campers I have seen for a long time.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:12 AM   #16
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
Our Big Sky arrived yesterday. She is a beauty to behold and my DW loves it. I'm a bit reserved as yet because we picked up our new TV yesterday and I'm too excited over that to work up a whole lot of excitement over the Big Sky. I'm sure that will change once I break in the new truck and pick up the Big Sky.
Jim Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #17
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jim Jarvis

Our Big Sky arrived yesterday. She is a beauty to behold and my DW loves it. I'm a bit reserved as yet because we picked up our new TV yesterday and I'm too excited over that to work up a whole lot of excitement over the Big Sky. I'm sure that will change once I break in the new truck and pick up the Big Sky.
Good for you guys. We have yet to take it out of the yard but do plan on spending the month of June in it, but do hope to get it out a few times before that. New baby in the family.

What is the serial number of your unit, ours is 098?
Old 04-29-2007, 12:35 AM   #18
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rldriver

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jim Jarvis

Good for you guys. We have yet to take it out of the yard but do plan on spending the month of June in it, but do hope to get it out a few times before that. New baby in the family.

What is the serial number of your unit, ours is 098?
Not sure Dick but I will check it out tomorrow. Where do I find it?
Jim Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:35 AM   #19
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801

Not sure Dick but I will check it out tomorrow. Where do I find it?
[/quote]

Jim, It's written on the top of the pin box and it's also the last numbers in your "Vin Number" posted next to your front door.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:21 PM   #20
dan and jody

M.O.C. #7140
We are anxiously awaiting delivery of our New Big Sky 340RLQ. We were notified ours was completed around to 16th of April and will be delivered to us mid May (our choice)

We will be towing with an 06 F 350 SuperDuty 6.0. We will be going full time this fall and are looking forward to our new lives on the road.

Would like to have any hinks and kinks you can think of for first time 5th wheelers. We have been using a 34 ft motorhome so this well be a new adventure for us.

Looking forward to hearing from all our other Big Sky owners

Danny and Jody Mason (Olalla, WA)
dan and jody is offline   Reply With Quote